★[GDT] End of Season Media Day • May 23, 2024

Jaimito

38 minutes ago, JoGuitar said:

Happy that Demko should be back healthy again next season. I think we definitely need to manage his load next season.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Silovs should help with that!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Maybe just tension between the media and Hronek. But man, that doesn't sound like someone who wants to be here.

Maybe we're finding out why Detroit was willing to let him go. But RHD don't grow on trees. aybe a 2-3 year deal andM trade him if things don't improve?

Not at anything over 6-6,5

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, syntheticity said:

What a difference between Zadarov and Hronek in this setting. The one is just soooo much more affable, charismatic, and well spoken. Z's answer to contract negotiations q was great. I'd give him an extra mill just for the expected quality of his interview answers over the duration of his next contract. 🤣

This is precisely what I thought when Nikita answered his question.

• Cheers 4

10 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Petey must be one heck of a poker player.
I figured, collarbone, shoulder, ribs, back issue. I wouldn't have guessed knee issue.

At least so far it seems a surgery is not needed.  Which is a relief.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Maybe just tension between the media and Hronek. But man, that doesn't sound like someone who wants to be here.

Maybe we're finding out why Detroit was willing to let him go. But RHD don't grow on trees. Maybe a 2-3 year deal and trade him if things don't improve?

just my guy but he’d rather just go to arbitration, do that 1 year deal and then go UFA.  He’s going to want to cash in on his year w Hughes

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wiener 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

At least so far it seems a surgery is not needed.  Which is a relief.   

Definitely explains why he wasn’t moving his feet and lacked that explosiveness and agility that makes him effective.

I was really worried about his mental health being an issue. But I guess it makes sense that he was so down because he couldn’t play his game the way he wanted to.

• Like 1

I really like Teddy.  His demeanour and professionalism is 10/10.  You know exactly what youre getting from the guy and a key PKr for the team.  Really hope he’s back.

Hoping Z was hinting at re-signing too

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Jaimito said:

A thread for discussion on the end of season interviews of the players and management.  

Many of us are curious about player injury status, their experience, aspects wanting to improve etc.

Love to hear what the next steps the management thinks are needed. JR is always brutally honest. 

Major surgery again? How many guys will they keep?  How ready are the prospects?

Thanks for posting the updates, @Jaimito

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

Si If EP had a knee injury since Jan. why the heck didn't they rest him at the end of the season

Pretty sure if the doctor's said he could play, and didn't need surgery, he'd play. If the docs and trainers said stay off of it for 2-3 months, I'm pretty sure they'd shut him down.

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Pretty sure if the doctor's said he could play, and didn't need surgery, he'd play. If the docs and trainers said stay off of it for 2-3 months, I'm pretty sure they'd shut him down.

Gotta think if it wasn’t a contract year he might have approached it differently.

And the team probably wanted to keep him happy as they were unsure if he would re-sign at that point.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

Si If EP had a knee injury since Jan. why the heck didn't they rest him at the end of the season

Most likely scenario is it was a continual problem that increased over the back half of the season. Often it's better to rest, but some injuries benefit from keeping as much strength surrounding the joint as possible in hopes it heals, all be it at a slower rate. I would reckon they approached it this way under the assumption it wasn't bad enough to start, then wanted to give him the best shot at being peak performance as playoffs started. I bet if you were to ask the clinicians on staff they may have approached it differently in hindsight. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

Totally makes sense to go to the All Star game if you're nursing an injury..

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

He kind of answered that. Says it wasn't too bad at first, didn't require surgery, thought it would go away or that he could play through it, but it got worse later on towards the playoffs. Of all the variables in play this offseason, Petey coming back stronger next season is the least of my worries.

• Upvote 1

knee injury makes SO much sense for petey

explains the falling

explains difficulty taking hard shots (shifting his weight)

explains lack of explosive speed (looking like he doesnt care)

damn. at some point though they should have just come out and said he was playing through something. i really dont know what was gained by pretending he was healthy, and letting media/fans just keep abusing him. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, Whorvat said:

Totally makes sense to go to the All Star game if you're nursing an injury..

depending on the severity of the issue at the time, yes it does make sense. If it's something happened in mid or late Jan, and wasn't particularly bad, why wouldn't he want to go with all his teammates?

• Like 1