★[GDT] End of Season Media Day • May 23, 2024

Jaimito

5 hours ago, Reg said:

I'll play Captain Obvious. This off-season Pettersson needs to work with a strength coach, a skating coach and a sport psychologist.

First he should rehab his knee injury don’t you think? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Whorvat said:

Considering he included in his statement that all he needs is rest.. that is a week of rest at the ASG. Could've taken an additional week or two off as well. 

Poorly handled yet another injury on this team

Should never have been playing in ASG and choose to miss one game post ASG to ensure that all is in order.  5 games on the road in February and lots of games compounded the issues.

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Thrago said:

First off, if you can't gain weight your eating way less then you think, second that's not the kind of weight Petey needs to gain.  Hughes is way bigger then Petey he's 5'10 170 Lbs.  At 6'2 Petey would have to be about 185 Lbs to be about the same size as Hughes, proportionally and trust me 9 lbs would make a world of difference to his game. 

there are plenty of scientific research out there that have proven muscle gain is highly based on genetic.. some people are not capable of gaining muscle weight no matter how much train what kind of diet they go on etc etc.. but go on EP sucks because he's refusing to train properly and put on weight

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

For anyone wondering

tendinitus takes months to clear so a week or 2 off wouldnt have worked

i also know that strengthening the surrounding muscles helps speed up recovery time and prevent future issues

Petey needs to strengthen is legs big time

2 minutes ago, syntheticity said:

I see things a bit differently. EDM's pp success largely came from their ability to consistently skate cleanly into our zone, and then create a wealth of scoring looks with clean puck movement and elite talent. 

the powerplay just feels like its players coaching themselves based on what they remember of jason kings stationary set plays

whereas other teams like edmonton adapt their powerplay zone entries and their looks based on whether the penalty kill pressures or hangs back etc

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, syntheticity said:

I see things a bit differently. EDM's pp success largely came from their ability to consistently skate cleanly into our zone, and then create a wealth of scoring looks with clean puck movement and elite talent. 

referring more to entering the zone.  they could do both (skate in or dump).  Canucks PP1 had a really tough time dumping it in (2nd unit was better at it).  If PP1 had that dump in option threat it might help w skating the puck in more often

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

First he should rehab his knee injury don’t you think? 

Sure, that makes sense, and for the record my comments were made prior to the presser.

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

there are plenty of scientific research out there that have proven muscle gain is highly based on genetic.. some people are not capable of gaining muscle weight no matter how much train what kind of diet they go on etc etc.. but go on EP sucks because he's refusing to train properly and put on weight

That's simply not true at all, genetics play a role no doubt but proper training and nutrition play a much bigger role, by multiples on your progress in the gym, and I've never once said anything about Petey sucking, he is extremely skilled at his sport. 

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Thrago said:

I said nothing about his play on ice, I'm purely talking about the guy still being 176 lbs after 6 years, I know he's one of if not the hardest workers on the ice, but that's because he loves hockey. But if he ever wants to be truly great at the game he's going to have to start taking his time in the gym more serious. I've been working out my whole life I've seen many many people, what they can accomplish 4 months of training seriously in the gym, and I can tell you flat out Petey is not taking that part of his career serious at all.

I am not sure what you're talking about. Did you see him in training camp? Dude was ripped had put on weight and clearly worked very hard in the offseason. His knee was hurt in January. Part of players being prepared all season includes working out between games to maintain their strength, weight and size as the season wears them down (ie they're skating miles every 2 days, literally).

Hockey players maintain most of their strength in their legs and their core. If you can't work out your lower body because of knee tendinitis you're going to start losing weight, and for a player like Petey it affects him even more.

I think you need to think beyond your biases and perhaps analyze things a bit deeper before you attack the guy as "lazy" in the offseason.

Edited by ArtyParty
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

100% agree. Can attest on personal experience. In my younger years I played high level competitive volleyball and worked out like crazy, with the diet and all for years. No matter how much I worked out - couldn’t gain any muscle mass. And before someone says “you didn’t work out properly” - it was under supervision of professional strength and conditioning coach with years of experience.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Thrago said:

That's simply not true at all, genetics play a role no doubt but proper training and nutrition play a much bigger role, by multiples on your progress in the gym, and I've never once said anything about Petey sucking, he is extremely skilled at his sport. 

This is simply not true. Read my previous comment above.

33 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

LE SIGH!  :picard:😭

37 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I'm not your pal, bro.

(mannnnnn, you're dense! :picard:)

I dont watch South Park much.  Sorry!

If that makes me “dense” so be it 😘

Miller

Pettersson

Suter

Aman

Raty

Assuming Blueger and Lindholm leave, this is what the Canucks have at C. Not good enough, so I hope they'll be shopping for a good #3C (better than Blueger).

2 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Pretty sure if the doctor's said he could play, and didn't need surgery, he'd play. If the docs and trainers said stay off of it for 2-3 months, I'm pretty sure they'd shut him down.

Hypothetical:

What would have happened if he did like Stone in LV? Took the last 20 or so games off rested the sore knee and then came back for the playoffs?

Things to ponder 

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Hypothetical:

What would have happened if he did like Stone in LV? Took the last 20 or so games off rested the sore knee and then came back for the playoffs?

Things to ponder 

NHL will fine Nux.  They have different rules for Canucks. 

• Upvote 1