★[GDT] End of Season Media Day • May 23, 2024

Jaimito

Just now, Jaimito said:

Hronek really hot at JPet for asking about his lack of production in the second half. 

How many ways can the hockey brain express "I struggled and I don't know why but I'm working on it"?

I appreciated the snarl 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Hronek highlights that he is an RFA so he doesn’t have a lot of say in what happens moving forward. It will be interesting to see what management and his agent can come up with as a path forward.

3 minutes ago, syntheticity said:

Sorry Hronek, but the question was a fair one and a question you could have reasonably expected. Others were asked the same question and didn't get pouty. He made Petey sound warm and verbose. 🤣

Reasonable question, but JPet isn't a likeable guy.  Maybe he took it the wrong way. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Just now, highandinside said:

So unnecessary by Hronek. Sounds like a real jackass. 

Good player but I can’t imagine he’s a joy to have in the room.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JoGuitar said:

Hronek highlights that he is an RFA so he doesn’t have a lot of say in what happens moving forward. It will be interesting to see what management and his agent can come up with as a path forward.

Strange take by Hronek.

He could say yes to a new deal

he could say no to a new deal

he could say trade me as I won't re-sign

seems he has lots, of  say in what happens

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Reasonable question, but JPet isn't a likeable guy.  Maybe he took it the wrong way. 

Fair point. His followup question was perhaps worded a bit aggressively.

Edited by syntheticity

What a difference between Zadarov and Hronek in this setting. The one is just soooo much more affable, charismatic, and well spoken. Z's answer to contract negotiations q was great. I'd give him an extra mill just for the expected quality of his interview answers over the duration of his next contract. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Couple of things:

So relieved that Boeser is going to be OK and the blood clot was due to a hockey player and not something genetic that might have limited his career or his life

Signed Zadorov now. I don’t care what it takes. The guy is a beauty

Extremely disappointed in Petey’s narrative saying that he wants to get out of here because of the noise around his contract and how he has played. He sounds like Markus Naslund. No appreciation for what he has in the city

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, hockeyville88 said:

Couple of things:

So relieved that Boeser is going to be OK and the blood clot was due to a hockey player and not something genetic that might have limited his career or his life

Signed Zadorov now. I don’t care what it takes. The guy is a beauty

Extremely disappointed in Petey’s narrative saying that he wants to get out of here because of the noise around his contract and how he has played. He sounds like Markus Naslund. No appreciation for what he has in the city

did he mention the arena chanting his name ???

12 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Love Big Z, re-sign him now PA

He's answer seems he really like to stay.  Hope they can work out a good deal for both sides. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Maybe just tension between the media and Hronek. But man, that doesn't sound like someone who wants to be here.

Maybe we're finding out why Detroit was willing to let him go. But RHD don't grow on trees. Maybe a 2-3 year deal and trade him if things don't improve?

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1