★[GDT] End of Season Media Day • May 23, 2024

Jaimito

Scary that Patrick alluded to Mikheyev being a solid top 9 player and it was on him for not having depth that’s why Mikheyev had to play top 6 role. Which he’s not suited for

ugh dude you gave him 5 million per season. 3rd liners are 5 million? C’mon Patrick  

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Miller

Pettersson

Suter

Aman

Raty

Assuming Blueger and Lindholm leave, this is what the Canucks have at C. Not good enough, so I hope they'll be shopping for a good #3C (better than Blueger).

I'd like to see us go at Trenin. He's not going to put up alot of points but he's a RH big center who is physical and can skate. Chandler Stephenson as well.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, ArtyParty said:

I'd like to see us go at Trenin. He's not going to put up alot of points but he's a RH big center who is physical and can skate. Chandler Stephenson as well.

17 points in 76 games, that Trenin?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Scary that Patrick alluded to Mikheyev being a solid top 9 player and it was on him for not having depth that’s why Mikheyev had to play top 6 role. Which he’s not suited for

ugh dude you gave him 5 million per season. 3rd liners are 5 million? C’mon Patrick  

He's giving answers to fill space. 

And forgetting that he's in a Canadian market again. Where ppl over analyze every word. 

Mik spent a year and a half on the top line before he was hurt and nobody had a issue with it.

Kuz-Petey-Mik was the top line 

Dallas has two 3rd liners that make a hell of a lot more than 4.7

Edited by Blue
  • Cheers 2

33 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Have you listened to Peteys then? Because I have now. But I assumed you must have listened to his as well if you feel comfortable with saying he sounds like a "whiney baby". Unless you're just taking second hand information from one of the most toxic places on the internet and formulating your opinion from that.

As someone who's now listened to the whole interview, I simply disagree with your assessment entirely. Petey said it was a loud season with his contract talk, and was looking forward to going home for some rest, and immediately followed up with he was also excited to get back to training so he could come back better next year.

He even had a good chunkle mid interview when Miller goofed on them, which is generally more personality he normally shows. Petey is clearly a very serious person and is also communicating in his second language.

They only question he may have sounded "disgruntled" in, is when he was asked to reflect on the season. But even then he literally gave the same answer as Hughes, which was essentially I haven't had a chance to think about it yet since they were trying to take some time away from hockey. Which is completely fair.

EP said at the beginning of the season he didn't want to talk contract until the season was over, which was fair in my opinion. His contract runs until, July 1, 2024 I believe. The Canucks got his deal done, only for him to be taken through the wringer because as it turns out, he was injured. I don't blame the kid for wanting to get back home, and away for the summer. He's a very serious kid as you said, and I completely agree with you. The injury itself shows just how much a player can go off a cliff when something isn't right. He's also not a "whiney baby" either as others are saying. Didn't he say he was playing like "shit"? 

For people to say that he doesn't want to be here I find those comments totally ridiculous.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Reg said:

Sure, that makes sense, and for the record my comments were made prior to the presser.

Don’t think we needed a presser to know Petey was trying to play with an injury. His skating has been limited for a while. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Canuck medical staff allow Petie to play with a bum knee.

Screenshot_20240523_151038_Google.jpg

Obviously Petey's knee wasn't that big of an issue, but I guess he had to say something about his poor play. He was flying at times, laying out some bit hits. Was missing the net on shots because of his knee?

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Thrago said:

That's simply not true at all, genetics play a role no doubt but proper training and nutrition play a much bigger role, by multiples on your progress in the gym, and I've never once said anything about Petey sucking, he is extremely skilled at his sport. 

again there are plenty of ppl in this world that uses a weight trainer and nutritionist to help with muscle gain and they still don't gain any. perhaps go do some research or talk to some instead of just bellowing false information that people will gain weight as long as they train like crazy and eat the proper food. i mean at this point you are just accusing EP of not eating properly not training 24/7 etc etc coz he hasn't made progress in 6 years.. actually more like his entire life.

4 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Obviously Petey's knee wasn't that big of an issue, but I guess he had to say something about his poor play. He was flying at times, laying out some bit hits. Was missing the net on shots because of his knee?

Probably playing at about 90% my guess, that extra 10% makes up a huge difference of being elite or not. It’s a tough league 

19 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Picture this you’re trying to trade a guy but you go on air stating how bad the player is? I don’t think so 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

So what'd I miss? Petey has had a bum knee since January but they kept playing him, Oilers gave Boes his clot, Big Z wants to stay and Hronrk is grumpy AF. Anything else??

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Pure gold from Zadorov:  "Well how much money do you think I should be making?"  "Don't listen to those Edmonton reporters". 

This guy is the great entertainer, on and off the ice.  Gotta bring him back!

Pure gold....and you know he was referring to Spector.....

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I don't know how  people can have an issue with Pettersson's reaction or response to this season. The player said before the season he wanted to wait until after the season to negotiate a new deal. He has heard nothing but noise about it from every direction from day one up to when he finally signed. It sounds like the team was pushing him a little, the media and fans would not let it go and he ended up signing. Great.

Then he has to hear the trash about how he is garbage and a horrible investment by the club, his play which was obviously affected by his injury was a negative in this market so much so that media more so than fans were crapping on him. He never made any excuses. He has heard a lot of outside noise this season. He can take a couple months to go reset, recharge and enjoy life just a little bit can't he.

Thank you. Finally someone letting a human being be a human and not a fking robot 

• Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Can someone please explain to me why Blueger has no Latvian accent and seems to have more of a Canadian one?

Teenage years and schooling in USA 

sorry for double post 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Goose said:

I really like Teddy.  His demeanour and professionalism is 10/10.  You know exactly what youre getting from the guy and a key PKr for the team.  Really hope he’s back.

Hoping Z was hinting at re-signing too

I think it happens. There were multiple articles I saw during the latter half of the season that said the team wanted to bring him back....

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Moeknows said:

Si If EP had a knee injury since Jan. why the heck didn't they rest him at the end of the season

he wa splaying through it very well. He tore up the opposition in January, did very well in February too, not until 3rd week of March he stopped being able to produce multi point games and started earning zeros.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Teenage years and schooling in USA 

sorry for double post 

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Thank you. Interesting that his accent sounds like he grew up in Langley. 

Ahem... he's uh... "looking California, and feeling Minnesota...oh yeah".

I'll see myself out. :classic_ninja: