★[GDT] End of Season Media Day • May 23, 2024

Jaimito

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Thank you. Interesting that his accent sounds like he grew up in Langley. 

I can confirm he is Latvian and speaks both Latvian and Russian. Not only that - his father is Jewish and they have family in Israel.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Blue said:

Mik spent a year and a half on the top line before he was hurt and nobody had a issue with it.

Mik was injured in last season's training camp, played a bit, then went through surgery.-Many people had an issue with him continuing to play, while hurt. Some even expressed concern that waiting so long to do the surgery would screw up his play this season.

Many people noted his play drop off, after about 10 games, this season. Some of us even suggested he should be getting games of rest during the season.

After his play dropped off, many people had an issue with him being on the first line.

all that said, I expect him to have a much better year, next season, as his surgery is reported to have about a full year of time, before a full recovery. 

18 hours ago, Jaimito said:

A thread for discussion on the end of season interviews of the players and management.  

Many of us are curious about player injury status, their experience, aspects wanting to improve etc.

Love to hear what the next steps the management thinks are needed. JR is always brutally honest. 

Major surgery again? How many guys will they keep?  How ready are the prospects?

This is not right so start a new thread when we were working so hard getting all the info from the the one before; I see we have some glory hunters here.

Deb and Myself worked hard when this came out and it would seem some glory seekers don't care who they walk on

25 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Can someone please explain to me why Blueger has no Latvian accent and seems to have more of a Canadian one?

He is a natural with languages. 

Speaks good Chinese too:

• Vintage 2

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

This is not right so start a new thread when we were working so hard getting all the info from the the one before; I see we have some glory hunters here.

Deb and Myself worked hard when this came out and it would seem some glory seekers don't care who they walk on

I started this yesterday so we have a place to discuss.  

Are you an admin? Then you could just lock it and start one.  

Glory hunter?  Dude, you need to have better things to do in life.

I'm done starting a thread on this forum. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1