2024-2025 Dream Lineup [Proposal]

Posted (edited)

If Trader Jim & Magic Alvin can work up some magic and pull off something like this... 

Trade away rights of Hronek and get First round pick in return

Trade Mikeyev, PDG + some LD prospect from Abby to any team. (no salary retention and no draft picks handed out): Even if it brings back 7th round pick, it's a win. 

LW

C

RW

Guentzel (6.25 M) 

Miller (8 M) 

Boeser (6.65 M) 

Pettersson (11.6 M)

Duchene (3.25 M) 

Toffoli (3.75 M) 

Joshua (2.5 M) 

Domi / Monahan (2.75 M)

Garland (4.95 M) 

Motte (800k) 

Suter (1.6 M) 

Lafferty (800 k) 

Aman (825 k)

Greer (825 k) 

LD

RD

Hughes (7.85 M)

Dumba (2.25 M)

Zadorov (4.75 M)

or Dillon (3M) 

Tanev (3 M) option 1

Zadorov (4.75 M) option 2

Soucy (3.25 M)

Myers (2.75 M)

Juulsen (775 k) 

Demko (5 M)

Silovs (875 k) 

With OEL buyout of 2.35 M, this will give Canucks $300,000 in cap room. 

Send Hoglander & Podkolzin to Abby for 1 more season. It will help them develop and refine their game more. 

This also gives time to Raty, Lekkerimaki, Pettersson (D), Willander to develop in Abby. This way management wont' have to rush these guys. 

Edited by Scott72

• Scott72 changed the title to 2024-2025 Dream Lineup [Proposal]
1 hour ago, Pears said:

Absolute fantasy land if you're thinking you'll get Guentzel/Toffoli/Monahan at those prices. 

Have to be a MAGA moran to spend any cap on Tofu or MonNoHands. Guentzel is chasing money. F him too. 

• Like 3

if we could move the contracts of poolman and mikheyev, we could re-sign most of the ufa's that we want to keep.

i see the lines as:

miller between boeser and joshua

lindy between petey and necas

blueger between garland and suter

aman between pdg and lafferty

hughes and ?

soucy and myers

zadorov and ?

juulsen

demko and silovs.

10 hours ago, Scott72 said:

If Trader Jim & Magic Alvin can work up some magic and pull off something like this... 

Trade away rights of Hronek and get First round pick in return

Trade Mikeyev, PDG + some LD prospect from Abby to any team. (no salary retention and no draft picks handed out): Even if it brings back 7th round pick, it's a win. 

LW

C

RW

Guentzel (6.25 M) 

Miller (8 M) 

Boeser (6.65 M) 

Pettersson (11.6 M)

Duchene (3.25 M) 

Toffoli (3.75 M) 

Joshua (2.5 M) 

Domi / Monahan (2.75 M)

Garland (4.95 M) 

Motte (800k) 

Suter (1.6 M) 

Lafferty (800 k) 

Aman (825 k)

Greer (825 k) 

LD

RD

Hughes (7.85 M)

Dumba (2.25 M)

Zadorov (4.75 M)

or Dillon (3M) 

Tanev (3 M) option 1

Zadorov (4.75 M) option 2

Soucy (3.25 M)

Myers (2.75 M)

Juulsen (775 k) 

Demko (5 M)

Silovs (875 k) 

With OEL buyout of 2.35 M, this will give Canucks $300,000 in cap room. 

Send Hoglander & Podkolzin to Abby for 1 more season. It will help them develop and refine their game more. 

This also gives time to Raty, Lekkerimaki, Pettersson (D), Willander to develop in Abby. This way management wont' have to rush these guys. 

need to add:

3 million more for guentzel

1.5m more for duchene

1m more for toffoli

500k more for joshua

WAY more for monohan, minimum 1m more for domi

2m more for dumba

1m more for zadorov

3m more for tanev

500k more for silovs

1 minute ago, EB43 said:

Mcdavid (max retention) for a 3rd round pick while we’re at it

Maybe if he agrees to cut out the diving and start playing like a man, but otherwise we don't need a locker room cancer like that gutless piece of shit.

• Vintage 1

Posted (edited)

I do understand that majority (90%) of the signings/re-signings proposed are underpayment. Hence why I said "dream". 

Just hope and wish our management can pull off some surprise signings. 

Also, in a bigger market players get additional earnings from sponsorships, advertisements, etc. (I could be wrong on this). Vancouver player sponsorships vs. player in Columbus. Bigger market would give more opportunity to players to earn in different aspects just not numbers on the signed papers with the team. 

For some of the proposed contracts my reasoning is: 

- Silovs is still RFA and has played just in the playoffs. Getting NHL contract would be the priority for him and management should make best out of this situation to save money. 

- Myers : wants to stay here and should be willing to take some cut. He finally understands his role on the team that management wants out of him. Acknowledging the fact that management did not give up on him while he was struggling, he might just take a cut and be willing to build a cup contending d-core. 

- Zadorav: Appreciates the market & fans here. He knows he's loved by the city. Team appreciates him having their back. He will have bigger role to play next season. From his character, it looks like he values that a lot. 

- Tanev: He wants to play for Canucks and I feel he would like to retire as a Canuck. Just like Kesler said during his interview that he would like to retire as a Canuck. He has made over 40M in his career, for a younger player I would understand reaching for higher payout number (would for 99% of people as well) but I feel as a professional player getting 1-2 M more over 2 years wouldn't be as high on the list as getting the championship with the team that initially gave you the opportunity. For him it would be important how/where he would end his career. 

- Dillon: Local lad (was in high school with me) wanted to play for home team (at least back in high school days, hopefully that has not changed over time). His mother was also my mathematics teacher in high school. Even she used to mention, I would like him to play for Canucks one day. 

- Dumba: Is a stretch but his play has declined over time. Can be an incentive for him to play with Hughes. 

- Duchene: with his buyout he was still owed 18 M by Nashville (75% of 24 M remaining) so that would be 6 M over 3 years. With 3.25 M for 3 years, technically he would be getting 9.25M during that time. Getting that amount at 36 age is pretty good. Again comes down to his willingness to get the championship and play on a competitive team. How he wants to end his career tell a lot about his character. If he's hungry for money (not satisfied with 9+ million ), then management can pass on him. He's in a position of playing in May/June month is because he's on a 3 M contract on a very competitive team that is pushing for the cup. If he was getting 5-6 million right now after his buyout, he would be playing golf. 

- Joshua: I have a feeling he might take a cut after seeing all the love and trust he got from fans and management. Yes his line was one of the best in the league at times during the season but at the end he's still a 3rd line guy. He knows his role and on any competitive team he would be on a 3rd line and getting over 3M would not be possible on any cup contending team. (that is the problem we had with Mr. Gillis who was handing out 3+ million contracts to guys who played bottom 6 role) 

- Toffoli: Enjoyed his short time here, knows he can play well with Pettersson. 

- Domi more than Monahan: Has played under coach T for 1 season in Arizona (17-18 season). Hopefully has good connection with the coach and can see growth of coach T. The style Domi plays, I feel goes well with how Tocchet wants his players to play. 

- Motte, Lafferty, Greer: I feel are rightly placed 

- Guentzel: 100% agree that it's a very low number for a player like him. This is where I am hoping Trader Jim, Magic Alvin and Coach Tocchet comes into play. He played under Tocchet during his rookie season. So just hoping they can convince him (but yes I agree it's a stretch, hence the title "dream") 

Edited by Scott72

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Maybe if he agrees to cut out the diving and start playing like a man, but otherwise we don't need a locker room cancer like that gutless piece of shit.

We could flip him for a 2nd round pick