[PGT] Canucks Media Availability

2 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

No, not at all.  The relevant part is where he admits that his production tanked in the second half.  That would streamline the Canucks' case in arbitration if it went to that.

I’m sure Alvin will come to the next round of negotiations with some graphs and charts that will be far more relevant than an self admission of sucking by Hronek or video footage of him giving Patersnacks the stinkeye. 

• Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Guy doesn't talk to the media much to begin with. If he can't handle being asked about why he's dogshit I don't think he's long for Vancouver. Lol. Everyone has been asked about injuries. But hey, it was funny if nothing else and I hate the reporter so I don't mind him getting the business.

I don't understand why you would hate Paterson. He asks exactly the questions we all want answered. Sure he can be a little picayune sometimes, but he is not a fanboy and he tries to make players, coaches and management accountable to the folks that pay the bills. I often disagree with him, but I like that he asks questions that make the players uncomfortable. Too many reporters lob softball questions that result in cliched, meaningless answers. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, stawns said:

Just had it on in the background, what did he say?

Does it matter? Hughes was the guy checking McWhiner Pimple On The Ass at evens and shut him down. The question should be: is Hughes even better defensively than offensively? And he’s a phenom offensively. Best D man (by far) in the league. 
Fish elsewhere. 

3 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

I don't understand why you would hate Paterson. He asks exactly the questions we all want answered. Sure he can be a little picayune sometimes, but he is not a fanboy and he tries to make players, coaches and management accountable to the folks that pay the bills. I often disagree with him, but I like that he asks questions that make the players uncomfortable. Too many reporters lob softball questions that result in cliched, meaningless answers. 

Comes off like an unlikable asshole. Which as I've learned here recently, we apparently like that in people. I just do not like him.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I’m sure Alvin will come to the next round of negotiations with some graphs and charts that will be far more relevant than an self admission of sucking by Hronek or video footage of him giving Patersnacks the stinkeye. 

Undoubtedly, but when your opposite number concedes the point in advance, it does shut down debate.  Not sure what your issue is here.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. I kinda like Hronek is an arrogant prick. It’s good to have these kinds of guys. Plus he’s an excellent player. Even better. 

You’re being paid big money. Answer the question you fucking baby. Nobody cares that you’re uncomfortable. You sucked in the playoffs and you weren’t even close to being effective. 

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Does it matter? Hughes was the guy checking McWhiner Pimple On The Ass at evens and shut him down. The question should be: is Hughes even better defensively than offensively? And he’s a phenom offensively. Best D man (by far) in the league. 
Fish elsewhere. 

I asked if he was injured, you said "ribs".  I asked what he said because I just had it on in the background.  What's your problem?

Just now, NoHeart said:

You’re being paid big money. Answer the question you fucking baby. Nobody cares that you’re uncomfortable. You sucked in the playoffs and you weren’t even close to being effective. 

Or he’s just a prickly pear. If you don’t like his answers then maybe you’re the one who needs to “suck it up Princess”? 

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

I asked if he was injured, you said "ribs".  I asked what he said because I just had it on in the background.  What's your problem?

ribs. Plus even with that issue Hughes totally shut down the Whiner Baby. Hughes is an offensive phenom who is incredible defensively. 
What’s wrong with “McWhiner Pimple on Ass of Frog”?

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

ribs. Plus even with that issue Hughes totally shut down the Whiner Baby. Hughes is an offensive phenom who is incredible defensively. 
What’s wrong with “McWhiner Pimple on Ass of Frog”?

What has that got to do with what I asked?  I couldn't care less about your ridiculous schtick.  

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

these aren't politicians, public servants. they don't owe us shit. 

they have to live and work in a fishbowl. you don't have to be the bratty child tapping on the glass. 

I, for one, want players that are happy and enjoy playing in vancouver.

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

41 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Lol true

But his feelings got hurt and he shut it down too fast 

From my perspective, he was annoyed that someone referred to him as a glory seeker, for no apparent reason, and made a decision to not waste his time making a thread. Not always about the feels, brah. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

Undoubtedly, but when your opposite number concedes the point in advance, it does shut down debate.  Not sure what your issue is here.

I have no issue. Presenting my opinion regarding the Hronek/Canucks situation. It will (or it won’t) get sorted out. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

People overreacting cause Hronek is a prickly guy, hilarious. 

I loved it. I love how our team has so many different personalities 

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

The media wants to watch us burn, that’s my takeaway from the Zadorov questions. Basically stating that he priced himself out and we can’t resign him. Who was that loser asking those stupid questions to Big Z? 

• Cheers 2
  • MillerTime 1

55 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Or he’s just a prickly pear. If you don’t like his answers then maybe you’re the one who needs to “suck it up Princess”? 

It’s not me, I really don’t care, I just don’t know how people can treat someone trying to do their job like trash for no reason. 

3 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

It’s not me, I really don’t care, I just don’t know how people can treat someone trying to do their job like trash for no reason. 

I like Hronek even more now. He’s got bite. We need more guys like that. And clearly you do care, or why make the comment in the first place? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I like Hronek even more now. He’s got bite. We need more guys like that. And clearly you do care, or why make the comment in the first place? 

You call that bite? Acting like a baby at a press conference? lol ok. Too bad he doesn't have any bite on the ice. The “going on holidays” sound bite is the most memorable thing he has done since January. 

• Confused 1

• -dlc- featured and pinned this topic
10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He does have bite. We do need more guys like that. He has a lot on the ice too. We need more Holidays Hronek as well. 

Hugely successful season due in part to his addition to the team. He wasn't the only one struggling in the second half. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1