[PGT] Canucks Media Availability

One thing I've really been thinking about, is this group could still really use a veteran top six forward who knows how to win. Now I know how this might sound with our history and feel free to call me crazy, but what about Patrick Kane on a one year deal similar to what Detroit gave him? I'd prefer Stamkos if Tampa isn't able to free up cap space, but Kane was still decently productive with 47 points in 50 games. And I think he'd be even more productive playing with our core. 

3 hours ago, Pears said:

One thing I've really been thinking about, is this group could still really use a veteran top six forward who knows how to win. Now I know how this might sound with our history and feel free to call me crazy, but what about Patrick Kane on a one year deal similar to what Detroit gave him? I'd prefer Stamkos if Tampa isn't able to free up cap space, but Kane was still decently productive with 47 points in 50 games. And I think he'd be even more productive playing with our core. 

For this exact reason, I’m expecting a very strong push from management to acquire Guentzel and keep Lindholm. 

Hoglander-Lindholm-Petey

Guentzel-Miller-Boeser

I’m not salivating; you are. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

For this exact reason, I’m expecting a very strong push from management to acquire Guentzel and keep Lindholm. 

Hoglander-Lindholm-Petey

Guentzel-Miller-Boeser

Actually you are wanting to give up your first born for Guentzel.

I'm looking for younger, faster, and bigger options that won't be as expensive.

It's pretty clear in the Western Conference we need guys that can hit, and take a hit. Along with scoring.

I'd rather have a balanced team like Dallas.

2 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Hoglander-Lindholm-Petey

Guentzel-Miller-Boeser

I think if you get Guentzel, it’s to give to Petey. Miller-Boeser is akin to Joshua-Garland in that they’re a duo that will produce no matter the third player.

Petey needs a hard working, talented player to compliment his playstyle. I’d swap Hoggy and Guentzel.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

That is a very expensive looking Top 6.

It is. And it’s worth it. 

you don’t win cups by being cheap. You win them by having a strong top 6, expensive or not, and budgeting your bottom 6, bottom pair and backup goalie properly. 

Being cheap at the top is ridiculous. Name me a single team in the last 10 years that have won by budgeting in their top 6. 

Edited by HorvatToBaertschi

1 hour ago, Mathew Barzal said:

I think if you get Guentzel, it’s to give to Petey. Miller-Boeser is akin to Joshua-Garland in that they’re a duo that will produce no matter the third player.

Petey needs a hard working, talented player to compliment his playstyle. I’d swap Hoggy and Guentzel.

Funny because I started my post out with Guentzel-Lindy-Petey and then switched it 

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Actually you are wanting to give up your first born for Guentzel.

I'm looking for younger, faster, and bigger options that won't be as expensive.

It's pretty clear in the Western Conference we need guys that can hit, and take a hit. Along with scoring.

I'd rather have a balanced team like Dallas.

I’d rather have the proven elite winner

2 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

That is a very expensive looking Top 6.

Yup. And you usually have to have an expensive top six if you want a chance to win. I say go for it if we can make it work, can't have anymore Mikheyev's, Suter's or PDG's rotating in and out of it. 

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Pears said:

phil kessel hockey GIF

With a full training camp after an off-season of training? Yes please.

Edited by Integra250
  • Like 1
  • Wiener 1

4 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

It is. And it’s worth it. 

you don’t win cups by being cheap. You win them by having a strong top 6, expensive or not, and budgeting your bottom 6, bottom pair and backup goalie properly. 

Being cheap at the top is ridiculous. Name me a single team in the last 10 years that have won by budgeting in their top 6. 

St. Louis Blues had a pretty budget-friendly top 6

13 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

How about a twin, named Sedin?

They had some Sedinary magic on that PP for sure. But at times,

guilty of passing too much. Apart from their magic play between themselves, I’m not convinced they’d be the best for that particular job.