[PGT] Canucks Media Availability

14 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

You call that bite? Acting like a baby at a press conference? lol ok. Too bad he doesn't have any bite on the ice. The “going on holidays” sound bite is the most memorable thing he has done since January. 

48 points, plus 38, and playing top pairing minutes. And he’s a prick. Love that! Impossible to replace. Pay the man. 
Again, it sure seems like you do care a whole lot. Maybe have a couple wobbly pops and accept Hronek is great? 

• Cheers 4

5 minutes ago, Rekker said:

No. That media prick made it personal with the "we've laid off you all year" bit. Part of the players jobs is to answer questions but I'm all for the players snapping back to stupid questions or comments. Good on Hronek. 

The fishers who come here look for any little tidbit to bait their hooks before they cast. In this case though the fisher didn’t realize what he thought was bait was actually a positive quality in a player. 

12 minutes ago, Alflives said:

48 points, plus 38, and playing top pairing minutes. And he’s a prick. Love that! Impossible to replace. Pay the man. 
Again, it sure seems like you do care a whole lot. Maybe have a couple wobbly pops and accept Hronek is great? 

He is soft as butter. 

• Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Brother.Hronek is far away from been great.He didn't play at what he is good (shoot the pack). He is defensively big  hole.No way we pay what he ask.Not even close.

• Confused 1

Just now, Lemon Face said:

Brother.Hronek is far away from been great.He didn't play at what he is good (shoot the pack). He is defensively big  hole.No way we pay what he ask.Not even close.

Plus 38. That’s fantastic defensively. You need to wake up. Here sniff this:

image.jpeg.6b9a3b7edaf5654a18ba08eeb98d0cef.jpeg

3 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

So Petey had a knee injury? 

Nothing serious enough for surgery but obviously hampered his skating and speed?

Makes sense. Also makes sense he was still throwing the reverse hits etc. 

He played in the all-star game in February, makes no sense if his injury was serious

Just now, Alflives said:

Plus 38. That’s fantastic defensively. You need to wake up. Here sniff this:

image.jpeg.6b9a3b7edaf5654a18ba08eeb98d0cef.jpeg

Cant.I put to much Rum in my tea.He is 6 mill player.Zadorov much better.Living that sniff for you

• Haha 2

Just now, sxqhfeh said:

He played in the all-star game in February, makes no sense if his injury was serious

Are you suggesting Petey’s injury wasn’t serious enough to negatively affect his skating? You do understand what the “itis” part means, right? 

1 minute ago, Lemon Face said:

Cant.I put to much Rum in my tea.He is 6 mill player.Zadorov much better.Living that sniff for you

Zadoriv is a bottom pairing D. There is no chance we re-sign him. He’s behind Hughes and spicy here. Hronek is a top pairing right shot D. He’s proven to be one of the top D in the league. He’s going to be extended with the same contract Torws got with the Avs. 

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Zadoriv is a bottom pairing D. There is no chance we re-sign him. He’s behind Hughes and spicy here. Hronek is a top pairing right shot D. He’s proven to be one of the top D in the league. He’s going to be extended with the same contract Torws got with the Avs. 

I know you looking for reason to get drunk ha ha

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are you suggesting Petey’s injury wasn’t serious enough to negatively affect his skating? You do understand what the “itis” part means, right? 

From now you are Alfitis

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Exactly. He's obviously frustrated by the entire situation and himself. The pushback is refreshing and much needed in this city.

I thought some of Zadarov's responses were refreshing, but I'm not sure I would say the same of Hronek. He just seemed annoyed from the start.

While JPat's followup question could have been framed differently, the original question (about H's injury status) was perfectly reasonable and expected. Others answered the same q without issue. H's one word answer & tone made Petey's answers seem charismatic and verbose. 🤣

Edited by syntheticity
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, syntheticity said:

I thought some of Zadarov's responses were refreshing, but I'm not sure I would say the same of Hronek. He just seemed annoyed from the start.

While JPat's followup question could have been framed differently, the original question (about H's injury status) was perfectly reasonable and expected. Others answered the same q without issue. H's one word answer & tone made Petey's answers seem charismatic and verbose. 🤣

In a previous post I already mentioned that both of JPat's questions were legit and reasonable. Hronek was honest in his answers albeit frustrated and he pushed back.

This is clearly his personality type and explains why he's known not to be media friendly. I'm completely fine with him on that level. I don't have to like it but that's him. I don't need him to be nice.

Zad's responses were indeed refreshing. He did well this season and it was playful. I don't think it would be as playful if he was struggling and the media was always on him. If he re-signs, we'll definitely see. Everyone struggles.

As far as Hronek, his were refreshing in pushing back against the media and their narratives. We need more of that, imo. 

I do know what you mean, though, as compared to Petey's. 😉

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Cheers 1

Although some of us have come to terms with the game 7 loss and look forward to the future; for these guys it’s their livelihood, their legacy, their passion.

I am glad that Hronek fired back and was pissed off - he should be with himself and I think that’s what he was expressing.

Zadorov fired back on the media as well - just in a more charming manner. Miller gets pissed for too. I want players who are invested in the team and being their best and these guys bring it.

No more passive and tomorrow’s a new day feigned optimism in interviews after losses like we saw before. We have a team of professional young men who believe in being accountable to each other. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Although some of us have come to terms with the game 7 loss and look forward to the future; for these guys it’s their livelihood, their legacy, their passion.

I am glad that Hronek fired back and was pissed off - he should be with himself and I think that’s what he was expressing.

Zadorov fired back on the media as well - just in a more charming manner. Miller gets pissed for too. I want players who are invested in the team and being their best and these guys bring it.

No more passive and tomorrow’s a new day feigned optimism in interviews after losses like we saw before. We have a team of professional young men who believe in being accountable to each other. 

Amen. So well put! I wish more people could see this. 

• Cheers 1