[Specualtion] Canucks considering buying out Mikheyev contract

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Actually we did lose due to not having Demko. Demko stops pucks at .930 in the playoffs. Silovs is .898 

We easily dispatch McPimple with Demko.
These are facts. Bow 🙇 to the Empties

Does Demko score goals too? LMAO

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Actually we did lose due to not having Demko. Demko stops pucks at .930 in the playoffs. Silovs is .898 

We easily dispatch McPimple with Demko.
These are facts. Bow 🙇 to the Empties

demko likely steals us a game or two for sure

our team was built to win with only 1-2 goals against

letting in 3-4 usually means we lose

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, HarbularyBattery said:

demko likely steals us a game or two for sure

our team was built to win with only 1-2 goals against

letting in 3-4 usually means we lose

Yup. Demko is our most important player. 

• Like 1

Just now, RWJC said:

too physically soft? Interesting though 

yea demelo and kaliyev are both a bit soft, but both have size, i think more can be got out of both of them. thats where tocc can work his magic. 

kaliyev is so intriguing to me. hes more of a tofolli type, rather than a rush player. were not a transition team under tocchet, he could thrive here if hes on a line with some skilled puck carriers who can find him in good spots to take shots. 

lagesson is big, gritty, and tough

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

why did his ACL injury turn his hands to concrete though thats what i cant figure out

He just had the second best offensive season in his career, with 31 points, 1 behind his high with Toronto, though he played more games this year.

Anyone that thought they were getting a 30 goal guy was  flat out wrong.

good years for this guy are 20 up to the rare 25 goal year.

He is, when healthy, a strong defensive presence, a very good penalty killer, and very fast. 

His salary is a bit high, but that is not his responsibility.-- weren't he and Kuze some kind of package deal?

• Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, ArtyParty said:

In theory its an interesting idea. But your post made me think of one major risk here. If Brind Amour can't get him going, is there much more Tocchet will achieve? Really all you're betting on is a change of scenery....I'm not pro or against but I'd be concerned about that.

Different systems, different message maybe? But you are right, it's a risk.

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Gurn said:

The injury is known to take a full year to fully recover from.

Why buy the guy out, so he can go to another team and play well there; when you can just keep him and have him play well for us?

If you think he can recover, you don't. But if the medical staff think he can't, then maybe it makes sense.

Edited by Bob Long
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Gurn said:

He just had the second best offensive season in his career, with 31 points, 1 behind his high with Toronto, though he played more games this year.

Anyone that thought they were getting a 30 goal guy was  flat out wrong.

good years for this guy are 20 up to the rare 25 goal year.

He is, when healthy, a strong defensive presence, a very good penalty killer, and very fast. 

His salary is a bit high, but that is not his responsibility.-- weren't he and Kuze some kind of package deal?

11 goals in a full season in which he spent most of it being set up by EP is completely unacceptable

especially considering the fact that he got 0 goals over a 50+ game stretch

im not knocking him, its not his fault he got the contract, but hes a black hole if his salary prevents us from putting a better player in the top6

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Rumour the 650 hosts were just discussing was Hronek + Mikeyev for Necas + Kotkaniemi. Not too sure I’d want us to do that as we have Raty ready to come up. And Hronrknis pretty much irreplaceable. 

It would be tough to give up a top four D without having one ready to fill the spot. 

That does give us a really strong and deep forward group, but I think our improved D was the secret sauce to the improvement this year.  It leaves us a good amount of cap space but you need to attract the UFA D who will be in demand.

Petterson-Lindholm-Necas

Suter-Miller-Boeser

XX-Kotkaniemi-Garland

Podkolzin-Aman-Karlsson

PDG

If we did this, we would pretty much have to move Silovs as a trade chip to get a D on the trade market.  Plus get a UFA.

Hughes-Tanev

Zadorov-Zub

Soucy-Myers

Julssen

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

11 goals in a full season in which he spent most of it being set up by EP is completely unacceptable

im not knocking him, its not his fault he got the contract, but hes a black hole if his salary prevents us from putting a better player in the top6

This he's overpaid by about 2 million at close to 5 mill you should be legit top 6 wing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

Alvin actually blamed himself in the end of year media availability. He said Mik is a middle 6 guy he's not a top 6 player and shouldn't have the expectations as such. He said mik played there because he wasn't able to find a top 6 winger for petey.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Provost said:

It would be tough to give up a top four D without having one ready to fill the spot. 

That does give us a really strong and deep forward group, but I think our improved D was the secret sauce to the improvement this year.  It leaves us a good amount of cap space but you need to attract the UFA D who will be in demand.

Petterson-Lindholm-Necas

Suter-Miller-Boeser

XX-Kotkaniemi-Garland

Podkolzin-Aman-Karlsson

PDG

If we did this, we would pretty much have to move Silovs as a trade chip to get a D on the trade market.  Plus get a UFA.

Hughes-Tanev

Zadorov-Zub

Soucy-Myers

Julssen

where is hogz ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

This he's overpaid by about 2 million at close to 5 mill you should be legit top 6 wing.

for 5 mil you get a upper middle 6 winger imho. Not a legit top 6...so a guy who may be too good to be a 3rd liner but not a guy who could be a legit top line winger.....so middle 6

22 minutes ago, ArtyParty said:

Your complaining about our players who got one game away from the conference finals, implies you think they failed.

They over achieved given their roster and should be commended for it.

I would never complain about our team play. Our team structure or what Tocchet helped create here. But I do believe we had passenger's, Tocchet alluded to as much two games ago.

There were obvious fixes l, for me, that involved being more physical. 

Saying they 'over achieved' imo is selling them short. 

They lost.

7th game of a tough series isn't over achieving.  But they did lose. 

8 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I would never complain about our team play. Our team structure or what Tocchet helped create here. But I do believe we had passenger's, Tocchet alluded to as much two games ago.

There were obvious fixes l, for me, that involved being more physical. 

Saying they 'over achieved' imo is selling them short. 

They lost.

7th game of a tough series isn't over achieving.  But they did lose. 

No Demko. We dispatch the Coilersvin five with Demko. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, ArtyParty said:

Alvin actually blamed himself in the end of year media availability. He said Mik is a middle 6 guy he's not a top 6 player and shouldn't have the expectations as such. He said mik played there because he wasn't able to find a top 6 winger for petey.

i interpreted his comments as he paid mikheyev like a top6 winger, so the expectations were his fault

despite that, his offensive production was still bad even for a third liner. if he produced like joshua or garland, nobody would be complaining.