[Specualtion] Canucks considering buying out Mikheyev contract

I think he will get back his confidence and score again. But I don’t see him playing on our top 6 next year. Or the third line for that matter. Or else you’d have 2 player making more than 5 million on that line. Seems excessive to me. Think he’ll be gone one way or another. 

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Isn’t Brisbois only about 170 pounds? IMHAO he’s too light to be one of our bottom 4 D. JR/PA and the coaches prefer heavy bodies in those spots. 

As a 7 dman he was effective much like Stecher both too light to be top 6 but still effective 

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

As a 7 dman he was effective much like Stecher both too light to be top 6 but still effective 

Juulsson is our 7 D and he’s a lot heavier than Brisbois. Brisbois is down the depth charts. D Petey and Willander will be ahead of him. Woo too. Just don’t see a spot for Brisboi. Hopefully he gets a chance on one of the weaker clubs? The Habs might be a good fit for him. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Juulsson is our 7 D and he’s a lot heavier than Brisbois. Brisbois is down the depth charts. D Petey and Willander will be ahead of him. Woo too. Just don’t see a spot for Brisboi. Hopefully he gets a chance on one of the weaker clubs? The Habs might be a good fit for him. 

Juulsen may be moving up into the line up if we lose Cole and Myers

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Juulsen may be moving up into the line up if we lose Cole and Myers

I don't think he's suited for that role. How much further up in the line up? He's a good depth defenseman, maybe a third pairing guy. I'm not sure if he can handle second pairing minutes without this fan base losing their hair. 

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

I am sure that Allvin can find someone to take Mikheyev off of us without having to give up a 1st rounder. Our prospect pool is getting thinner and thinner by the year because we don't have any 1sts. Was this how Allvin and Rutherford operated in Pitts? Well it's different here. We don't have players named Crosby and Malkin. 

Of course for me, it's clear that we need to get Petey some help. Mikheyev isn't going to do it, everyone knows this. 

Maybe we sign Lindy and Petey moves to wing? Lots of ways to build up our top six. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Good point. Then maybe Woo fills that #7? 

My dark horse is Dillon. A good scrapper and fair dman. And hopefully we get a young prospect to play up like Willander or Dpetie

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I don't think he's suited for that role. How much further up in the line up? He's a good depth defenseman, maybe a third pairing guy. I'm not sure if he can handle second pairing minutes without this fan base losing their hair. 

Yes 3rd pairing for sure, good pk, and extremely coachable according to Tocchet 

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

My dark horse is Dillon. A good scrapper and fair dman. And hopefully we get a young prospect to play up like Willander or Dpetie

Smart choice! Love to get Dillon here. Maybe we can re-sign Myers too?

bottom pairing of Dillon-Myers would be pretty imposing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Smart choice! Love to get Dillon here. Maybe we can re-sign Myers too?

bottom pairing of Dillon-Myers would be pretty imposing. 

Dillon is a Surrey boy he can join the Scott Rd celebrations 

• ThereItIs 1

56 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I am sure that Allvin can find someone to take Mikheyev off of us without having to give up a 1st rounder. Our prospect pool is getting thinner and thinner by the year because we don't have any 1sts. Was this how Allvin and Rutherford operated in Pitts? Well it's different here. We don't have players named Crosby and Malkin. 

Of course for me, it's clear that we need to get Petey some help. Mikheyev isn't going to do it, everyone knows this. 

If they offer a retention (2m)x2yrs, while saving 2.75m salary cap.

That makes Mik a decent player at 2.75mx2yr.  Even in his worst year

he is a good 3rd liner.

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I like Dillon a lot as well, but his salary is an issue.  He is already making $3.9m and will

likely make at least that in UFA.  He's 4yrs older than Soucy and makes more $(3.25x2yrs).

He is a similar player, but is he that much better than Soucy?  Can he play on the 2nd

pairing consistently?

• ThereItIs 1

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Artem Zub is the dream. Trade Hronek for assets and flip those assets to Ottawa for Zub. Just like the Horvat trade. Apparently Ottawa is listening to offers for Zub. 

Hughes         Zub

Zadorov        Willander 

Pettersson   Juulsen 

This is it. That’s the future right there. We are good for 6-7 years. 

Ottawa needs goaltending.    Zub is a fan favourite, they love him, after a big hit it a defensive play, you hear "Zuuuuuuub" in appreciation.    That would be something.  

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

I like Dillon a lot as well, but his salary is an issue.  He is already making $3.9m and will

likely make at least that in UFA.  He's 4yrs older than Soucy and makes more $(3.25x2yrs).

He is a similar player, but is he that much better than Soucy?  Can he play on the 2nd

pairing consistently?

Dillon is at that point in his career where if he wants to play on a winning club he will have to take less. He’s like here Cole and Myers are. IMHAO Dillon would get 2.5 cap allocation to play here. Same as Myers. They’d sure make for a great bottom pairing for us though. 
Hughes Hronek

Zadorv Soucy

Dillon Myers

Juulsson 

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, higgyfan said:

pairing consistently?

He's a Surrey boy so he might take a bit of a hometown discount with term. A 3rd pairing probably.

On 5/23/2024 at 8:41 PM, Master Mind said:

People were quite critical when I said Mikheyev was overpaid when we signed him.

I'm not against buying him out, I'd prefer it over paying to move him. Ideally there's another deal like when we traded Beauviller though.

I was against the signing at the time, as well.  For a management team that went on and on about the cap problems they inherited, it seemed a pretty poor contract for a middle 6 winger.

However, when he was producing he did change my mind a bit.  We could certainly use a big, fast, physical 15-20 goal, 45-ish point guy.   Even hurt he was above that last year.. and started this year on a similar “worth it” pace. 

Second half of the year was a major letdown… 4.75 isn’t far off the 6 mil Eriksson anchor.  

Hopefully he either rebounds or we find a way to move him.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Dillon is at that point in his career where if he wants to play on a winning club he will have to take less. He’s like here Cole and Myers are. IMHAO Dillon would get 2.5 cap allocation to play here. Same as Myers. They’d sure make for a great bottom pairing for us though. 
Hughes Hronek

Zadorv Soucy

Dillon Myers

Juulsson 

Sounds like the empties talking, Alf but I’ll drain a bottle with you if we land Dillon and Myers for 5 mil total. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, The Duke said:

Sounds like the empties talking, Alf but I’ll drain a bottle with you if we land Dillon and Myers for 5 mil total. 

Dillon is apparently expected to come in around the same as this year so expect 4 mill.

Myers will take a hometown discount because he wants to stay close to family and more specifically a child with special needs. Imho, he will be extended at a team friendly deal. 

• Cheers 2

Just now, RWJC said:

Dillon is apparently expected to come in around the same as this year so expect 4 mill.

Myers will take a hometown discount because he wants to stay close to family and more specifically a child with special needs. Imho, he will be extended at a team friendly deal. 

I’d say that’s more likely. Myers also already got his bag from the organization - he’s not going to sign for peanuts but I can’t see him being particularly difficult. 

If we’re lucky we can get them both for about 7 - but if we do we likely aren’t getting one of Hronek or Zadorov.

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, The Duke said:

I’d say that’s more likely. Myers also already got his bag from the organization - he’s not going to sign for peanuts but I can’t see him being particularly difficult. 

If we’re lucky we can get them both for about 7 - but if we do we likely aren’t getting one of Hronek or Zadorov.

If we get Dillon we don't need Hronek. Zad we need.

19 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Artem Zub is the dream. Trade Hronek for assets and flip those assets to Ottawa for Zub. Just like the Horvat trade. Apparently Ottawa is listening to offers for Zub. 

Hughes         Zub

Zadorov        Willander 

Pettersson   Juulsen 

This is it. That’s the future right there. We are good for 6-7 years. 

If we could do that, i'd go for it.   They need goaltending.   Is Silovs worth adding?    And would they consider him valuable enough.    If they had a star goalie, their fortunes would vastly improve.    Last year didn't follow the script for them.    

• Cheers 1