2023-24 Canucks Injury Thread

Grandmaster

There has to be something about the city of Vancouver that causes injuries at an alarming rate. What the fuck is with almost every UFA or newly acquired player getting injured for substantial periods of time almost as soon as they get here or at some point in their first season.

17 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

I heard last night that Wolanin is banged up, hence no call up. I think it was a question to the coach, but not 100% sure.

Yes, it was the post-game "please hurry with your questions oh why am I being given an extended interview I've got a plane to catch" interview of Dick Tocch.  :classic_laugh:

On 11/24/2023 at 2:07 PM, AnthonyG said:

There has to be something about the city of Vancouver that causes injuries at an alarming rate. What the fuck is with almost every UFA or newly acquired player getting injured for substantial periods of time almost as soon as they get here or at some point in their first season.

No idea, something must be in the water? 

But at least it happens early this season than close to the post-season? 

Weed 

5 minutes ago, Crimson JH said:

Does anyone know if there’s a possibility that the arena could be built on top of some ancient indigenous burial site…? Probably why this team is cursed? 

I know doing something like that can bring bad juju’s to the area.. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

The ground is sour.

Geography. Our location dictates that our schedule is going to be worse than most teams. On average, every season, we have at least 3 sets of 5+ game road trips; we also have to play a lot of back-to-back games.

For example, our November this year's schedule is brutal; The stretch starting from the eastern Canada road trip, was essentially a 6 game road trip in disguise with 2 sets of back to backs. Ottawa -> Toronto -> Montreal -> Vancouver -> Calgary -> Vancouver (there are 2 sets of back to back in this 6 game in 10 days with travel between each game). Then due to American Thanksgiving and American teams want to host games in the states, Canucks have to play another set of back-to-backs. That's 3 sets of back-to-backs in 3 consecutive weeks. Which leads to fatigue and injuries.

54 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Didn’t look good with Myers’ seeing-eye slap shot on Mikheyev. Hopefully he’s back soon, but Dr. Slegr would guess a fracture and 6-8 weeks. Hope  I’m wrong.

You are wrong... Tocchet says the X-Rays were negative.

He could be out a game or two with a bone bruise though.

• Cheers 1

On 11/26/2023 at 9:42 PM, Crimson JH said:

Does anyone know if there’s a possibility that the arena could be built on top of some ancient indigenous burial site…? Probably why this team is cursed? 

I know doing something like that can bring bad juju’s to the area.. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

curse of the fat opera singer

• Cheers 1

On 11/24/2023 at 5:07 PM, AnthonyG said:

Could be travel.

Here's SOB's comment on Sundin playing for Canucks, and Sundin's comments on Canucks travel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You know, I've said the same thing for years as the Vancouver curse.. especially when we start to do well in thr right direction, I was like, wtf??? When Mik went down last season especially, I thought, great! we got a guy that can skate step for step with McDavid on our team now who can score, then, well you know.. grrrr!  Off the ice for months.. I just shook my head, and then lately Kuz, idk, I do swear sometimes we actually do have a curse..

Edited by iceman1964