2023-24 Canucks Injury Thread

Grandmaster

10 minutes ago, Theo5789 said:

Canucks did this last time Soucy was out injured. They didn't put him on IR until like a week or two after his injury. Is there any reason why they don't put him on IR now knowing he's out 5-6 weeks potentially?

Cap management, I would think.   Doesn't retroactivity garner bigger relief? Every team seems to do it once the season gets to, or past, the 1/2 way mark

On 1/22/2024 at 2:57 PM, Snoop Hogg said:

Any kind of cap relief with Soucy out?

Haven't seen anything about him being put on LTI yet. If they don't need it to fit a replacement player, then no reason to use LTI.

On 1/22/2024 at 4:21 PM, Googlie said:

Cap management, I would think.   Doesn't retroactivity garner bigger relief? Every team seems to do it once the season gets to, or past, the 1/2 way mark

You can't bank LTI, but if a team is under the cap without using LTI then they can bank *that* space. That's a good enough reason to not use LTI. If a team is already using LTI for another player then it makes no difference.

But a small update on PDG (and Brisebois):

Edited by elvis15
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Alflives said:

I wonder if we could stretch out Soucy’s LTIR to the playoffs and use has cap savings to bring in another guy? 

RT's comments about ACL injuries and the length of time for rehab speaks to both Soucy and Mik. Interesting idea about LTIR and using the CAP space. My gut tells me that Soucy should play just so PA can see whether his d-core is good enough for CUP play. If PA deals it likely is another winger and d-man. Should be interesting. How the team plays to the TDL likely factors big time. 

30 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

RT's comments about ACL injuries and the length of time for rehab speaks to both Soucy and Mik. Interesting idea about LTIR and using the CAP space. My gut tells me that Soucy should play just so PA can see whether his d-core is good enough for CUP play. If PA deals it likely is another winger and d-man. Should be interesting. How the team plays to the TDL likely factors big time. 

Soucy has a couple years left, no? Plus, when he’s healthy, he’s played very well. 

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

He's got a hand injury right now, so at least he can stay in shape skating.

Didn't Tocchet say "He was back on skates during the break- not close, but a good start" ..... (or words to that effect)

Didn't sound like a hand injury but I could be wrong (maybe he can't skate without holding a stick?)

23 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

Tocchet said he is close.I dont see reason why you puling old January report.His first injury ,he came also early back.

You're wrong ... Tocchet said "not close"

Dom quoted his interview early in the Carolina game thread - comes at the end after the Karlsson question