2023-24 Canucks Injury Thread

Grandmaster

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

DJ is a key component to one of the most effective lines in the league, is it worth losing him because of a meaningless fight?

Non sequitur, @stawns.  Losing him sucks, but my point is more about seeing if VP92 is ready to come up full time.

1 minute ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Non sequitur, @stawns.  Losing him sucks, but my point is more about seeing if VP92 is ready to come up full time.

I don't disagree, though I wouldn't be surprised to see bains up before VP

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

I'll have to take your word on Bains, as I haven't followed the AHL closely (or, actually, at all).

Bains has been the best in Abby for two seasons, not close really.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

Bains has been the best in Abby for two seasons, not close really.

I can see by his stats that he has the offensive game.  Do you think he can play the

game the way Tocc's wants them to play?  Tocc has mentioned giving him a call-up

in the near future.  It sure would be fabulous for the team if Bains can make the jump.

3 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I can see by his stats that he has the offensive game.  Do you think he can play the

game the way Tocc's wants them to play?  Tocc has mentioned giving him a call-up

in the near future.  It sure would be fabulous for the team if Bains can make the jump.

Bains is an excellent two way player.  And not only was he Abby's only all star selection, he won the all star MVP.

He might not get the call, but he should

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Is it worth losing guys due to speed ? Maybe we should slow the game down 

Cmon, there was no reason to fight there and now he could be gone long term if rumours are true.  The juice wasn't worth the squeeze, imo

20 minutes ago, stawns said:

Cmon, there was no reason to fight there and now he could be gone long term if rumours are true.  The juice wasn't worth the squeeze, imo

Well, Joshua thought that there was. 

You can't tell me that the team doesn't like him stepping up.

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Well, Joshua thought that there was. 

You can't tell me that the team doesn't like him stepping up.

And was it worth it if he's out for an extended time?  If he does have a broken hand, that could be the end of his season.......and did it have any effect?  Nope.

Just now, stawns said:

And was it worth it if he's out for an extended time?  If he does have a broken hand, that could be the end of his season.....

Maybe, we don't know who steps up in the meantime and how valuable that is.

Just now, stawns said:

..and did it have any effect?  Nope.

Says you. The comments posted above from his team say different.

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Maybe, we don't know who steps up in the meantime and how valuable that is.

Says you. The comments posted above from his team say different.

Teammates always love that guy, that's one of the reasons I took on that role myself.  However, that's not the same as it being

Smart.  If you could go back, knowing it could be a significant injury, would you tell DJ to just skate away or would you let him fight and suffer a significant injury?  

it didn't stop the original play from happening, that's for sure

Edited by stawns

Just now, stawns said:

Teammates always love that guy, that's one of the reasons I took on that role myself.  However, that's not the same as it being

Smart.  If you could go back, knowing it could be a significant injury, would you tell DJ to just skate away or would you let him fight and suffer an argument injury?  

it didn't stop the original play from happening, that's for sure

Well, dunno 🤣 this is one of those agree to disagree things I guess.

Sucks to lose Joshua.  Easy to point out in hindsight that DJ shouldn't have fought.  He'd probably want a do over on the punch but not the fight as he's always willing to go.

Wonder if Joshua going on LTIR is enough to get us Tanev with no retention.  How long does a broken hand take to heal?

7 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Sucks to lose Joshua.  Easy to point out in hindsight that DJ shouldn't have fought.  He'd probably want a do over on the punch but not the fight as he's always willing to go.

Wonder if Joshua going on LTIR is enough to get us Tanev with no retention.  How long does a broken hand take to heal?

Depends, took mine about 6 months, buys never been back to what it was.

And we don't know, for sure, that's what it is either

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

Depends, took mine about 6 months, buys never been back to what it was.

And we don't know, for sure, that's what it is either

Dr. Google says 1-2 months.  Being prime age and athlete he could be good to go just in time for playoffs.  

Trying to put a positive spin on things, we get a bit of cap savings which open up options to add to the roster while testing the depth before we start playing for keeps.

6 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Dr. Google says 1-2 months.  Being prime age and athlete he could be good to go just in time for playoffs.  

Trying to put a positive spin on things, we get a bit of cap savings which open up options to add to the roster while testing the depth before we start playing for keeps.

Depends on the break I guess, I was 2 months in a cast 

3 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

100% he cracked a finger.  We saw Nick Foligno take a few weeks off before coming back.  Hopefully he's back sooner than later.

This is a massive opportunity for Bains - we can see if that improvement translates in the NHL.  Also a chance for Kessel to up his fitness and slot right in.

On 2/16/2024 at 4:06 PM, stawns said:

It'll be colliton who will determine the bulk of that decision 

Colliton, and Ryan Johnson, will recommend players, but the decision comes down to Allvin and Tocchet.

On 2/15/2024 at 6:18 PM, Rusty Shackleford said:

Wonder if Joshua going on LTIR is enough to get us Tanev with no retention. 

Q:How long does a broken hand take to heal?

A: Depends if he has a GF or not.

• Haha 2