2023-24 Canucks Injury Thread

Grandmaster

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I mean that’s 3 weeks and it would mean he doesn’t get any games to ramp it up before playoffs.

It would indicate it’s more than just a minor injury too.

Yeah, but he didn't say he was going to be shut down either, more the opposite. If it's nagging, maybe they give him a week or two off and he gets a few games at the end.

• Cheers 1

On 3/19/2024 at 2:35 PM, Bob Long said:

its true. You really have to look at the +'s of things like injuries, its how you find your next gem. Podz may in fact have to take over for Joshua, if he's pricing himself out of the market for us as a UFA.

I like DJ but he's overrated around here. And cap space is king around here. 

• ThereItIs 1

demko being on LTIR make it seems like the injury is more serious than it thought?? wasn't the original timeline 2-3 weeks?? that'll put him out minimum 4 weeks and i haven't even heard he began skating yet.. so prolly add another week

12 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

No Lindholm at this point.

Rest him up good. Having all but clinched a spot, the team should focus on getting everyone as healthy as possible heading in to the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

demko being on LTIR make it seems like the injury is more serious than it thought?? wasn't the original timeline 2-3 weeks?? that'll put him out minimum 4 weeks and i haven't even heard he began skating yet.. so prolly add another week

It was always likely to be a month.

A player can practice while on LTIR. So he could be practicing as soon as next week in theory.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Hope it's not as scary as it seems....

Demko to ltir until april 6

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/vancouver-canucks-move-thatcher-demko-to-ltir-recall-bains/

1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

No Lindholm at this point.

Interesting how Demko goes on LTIR the same day DJ81 is in a full-contact practice jersey.  :classic_ninja:

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

It was always likely to be a month.

A player can practice while on LTIR. So he could be practicing as soon as next week in theory.

I expect it to be a month but there’s no point of just saying 2-3 weeks if they expect 1 month or more. It just makes it sound worse than it was

21 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

I expect it to be a month but there’s no point of just saying 2-3 weeks if they expect 1 month or more. It just makes it sound worse than it was

The timeline I saw was 2-4 weeks.

Still fits within that.

4 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

I dunno iirc it was 2-3 weeks when first reported everywhere 

I think there was a mixture of reports, I saw some places say 2-3 weeks and others 2-4. Regardless, I'm not worried as of yet as I think they're trying to give Demko a little more rest, and with DeSmith playing like he is they probably feel that way is well.

24 minutes ago, nobigneil said:

I think there was a mixture of reports, I saw some places say 2-3 weeks and others 2-4. Regardless, I'm not worried as of yet as I think they're trying to give Demko a little more rest, and with DeSmith playing like he is they probably feel that way is well.

meh goalie nowadays are not built the way it was in the 2000-2010 era.. brodeur luongo hasek etc all easily pushes 72-73 games a season + playoff and never worried about "tiring".. nowadays goalie?? they can barely even play 60 games.. hence teams have to pay and invest on a goalie that can play 20-30+ games or go 1a/1b tandem

4 minutes ago, Goalie Interference said:

I *think* having him on LTIR gives the team cap and roster flexibility to add Bains (and hopefully Joshua). I don't see this as an indication the injury is worse than initially thought.

This seems quite reasonable, although it clearly will not take minimal time for Demko to make a full recovery. Still, I think the timing of all this has been pretty well in our favour.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Goalie Interference said:

I *think* having him on LTIR gives the team cap and roster flexibility to add Bains (and hopefully Joshua). I don't see this as an indication the injury is worse than initially thought.

Also this, get some guys in the AHL some looks and get others guys back from injury while staying under the cap.