2023-24 Canucks Injury Thread

Grandmaster

I feel like the Canucks got shafted with the Lindholm trade. Calgary probably knew he had a lingering injury. What a horrible trade it’s turned out to be. We could’ve had a winger in the lineup for our top 6 which was desperately needed. Suter/Mikheyev belong no where in the top 6. 

6 hours ago, CanuckMan said:

I feel like the Canucks got shafted with the Lindholm trade. Calgary probably knew he had a lingering injury. What a horrible trade it’s turned out to be. We could’ve had a winger in the lineup for our top 6 which was desperately needed. Suter/Mikheyev belong no where in the top 6. 

Just pure speculation as always.Find new stick.Every traded player has to pass medical ,and his injury history is looked 10 times over.This is getting it to new Trump territory.Nothing wrong off using own brain.I know is much easier if served by Vancouver media.God forbid he got injured playing for Canucks

Edited by Lemon Face

4 hours ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Anyone concerned that Demko won't get in any games before the playoffs start?

Seeing as he’s on the current trip, comes off LTIR on Saturday, has been practicing with team now, and Tochett has said plan is to get him 3 games before playoffs…nope.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Desmenko 1

8 hours ago, arsenalian said:

Seeing as he’s on the current trip, comes off LTIR on Saturday, has been practicing with team now, and Tochett has said plan is to get him 3 games before playoffs…nope.

Exactly. Should be a pretty safe bet he'll play soon.

Edited by elvis15

10 hours ago, arsenalian said:

I think he might have been injured but putting him on LTIR was just a way of getting him some rest as well. I’d rather have a well rested Demko than to have squeezed out another win or two. Management probably knew we would clinch regardless. I think with the way we’re playing our difference maker is going to be Demko

REPORT: Elias Lindholm Could Miss Remainder Of Canucks Regular Season

Vancouver Canucks center Elias Lindholm has been out with an injury and with a lot of uncertainty surrounding his timeline, reports today suggested that he could miss the rest of the regular season.

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/vancouver-canucks/latest-news/report-elias-lindholm-could-miss-remainder-of-canucks-regular-season

Edited by Jack Gordon

5 minutes ago, Jack Gordon said:

REPORT: Elias Lindholm Could Miss Remainder Of Canucks Regular Season

Vancouver Canucks center Elias Lindholm has been out with an injury and with a lot of uncertainty surrounding his timeline, reports today suggested that he could miss the rest of the regular season.

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/vancouver-canucks/latest-news/report-elias-lindholm-could-miss-remainder-of-canucks-regular-season

So what’s their source he could be out remainder. They quote Friedman, who said he was told not to believe that, lol

8 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

So what’s their source he could be out remainder. They quote Friedman, who said he was told not to believe that, lol

Well whoever it is they only have six games remaining so he could easily wind up knowing nothing and still come off looking like a genius. 😉

20 minutes ago, Jack Gordon said:

Well whoever it is they only have six games remaining so he could easily wind up knowing nothing and still come off looking like a genius. 😉

Yeah, curious that he went on the trip if he’s not playing tomorrow

12 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

Yeah, curious that he went on the trip if he’s not playing tomorrow

My guess it is like Dakota; they are just letting it rest/heal as it is his wrist and probably controls his ability to contribute offensively. I miss his defensive prowless nightly, BUT if keeping him on the shelf allows him to contribute offensively, we are making the right decision.

As for being on the trip, its simply being part of the team. With an inury that doesn't affect mobility, no reason to stay in van.

5 hours ago, Captain insano said:

Does anyone know when Lindholm sustained his injury? 

It was shown on YouTube.He got hit to lower part of back.He was labouring back to bench.Everybody speculate that is injury.He played few more games injured.

I think when he comes back we will probably see a better version of the Canucks. We are a deep team but not that deep of a team. Kind of nice to have the ability to rest guys like Lindholm/Demko and still been alright in our games.

• Like 1