2023-24 Canucks Injury Thread

Grandmaster

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

I'm hearing differently especially from the guys on Sportsnet 650. Apparently one of players has some health issues. 

We already knew that it wasn’t a secret.

Boeser has been injured for awhile and has been receiving treatment for it.

Everyone takes some bumps and bruises by this point in the season. Boeser has had some maintenance days so we know he is dealing with something fairly minor or can't be helped with a bit of rest. Feel free to let us know when you have something specific though.

Hopefully nothing in this and just a precaution as Abby doesn't have a game. Demko is on the ice for the optional skate.

DeSmith is there too, along with Silovs.

Edited by elvis15
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

Hopefully nothing in this and just a precaution as Abby doesn't have a game. Demko is on the ice for the optional skate.

DeSmith is there too, along with Silovs.

There was talk they wanted to keep Silovs around for the playoffs. Maybe this is a way to do it?

19 hours ago, DeNiro said:

There was talk they wanted to keep Silovs around for the playoffs. Maybe this is a way to do it?

I would be surprised if they would try and carry three goalies all the way through. They'll surely ride Demko so why handcuff Abby like that when their playoffs start Wednesday? If Abby doesn't go far then Vancouver can call up Silovs right after without the emergency recall.

32 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

I would be surprised if they would try and carry three goalies all the way through. They'll surely ride Demko so why handcuff Abby like that when their playoffs start Wednesday? If Abby doesn't go far then Vancouver can call up Silovs right after without the emergency recall.

They can have him as EBUG when Abby isn’t playing and the Canucks are at home.

Tolopilo has established himself as a starter so he’ll get some games too.

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They can have him as EBUG when Abby isn’t playing and the Canucks are at home.

Tolopilo has established himself as a starter so he’ll get some games too.

Sure, but I don't see them keeping him up full time with this. They can't anyway with the emergency recall. Definitely just something they did as a precaution.

1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

Sure, but I don't see them keeping him up full time with this. They can't anyway with the emergency recall. Definitely just something they did as a precaution.

No roster limits so they could keep him up.

Not sure how deep Abby is going this year, they’re in tough against Colorado with all the games being played away.

Maybe a sore groin from that first period save after so long of "not playing"?

I know how that feels. Took me like 2 weeks to feel better. But he's a better goalie and in actual fit shape, so if that's it, he'll be fine.

They can with with Silovs / DeSmith.

29 minutes ago, madrigal77 said:

Demko out for at least the series. That’s all she wrote folks. 

Oh come on...  f********************ckin' A.  God Dammit; which one of you forgot to make a sacrifice to the Hockey God's beast in the pit?!

I wonder if it's something to do with really accelerating and rushing his rehab. Obviously he had to do it to make it ready for game 1 but to get injured after 3 games is a sign that he clearly wasn't ready.

Not an easy situation.

Demko’s injury history has got to be a major concern for the Canucks beyond just this season. He has not been very durable the last couple of years, and it’s one of those things where you almost hope this does not become a factor in having to retire early

• Cheers 1

Tweets and reports, of injuries that start with:

Rick Tochett says

Canucks say

Kate Petterson says

and so on....

make me sad-  can't believe a word of it. They have been so wrong before, and are so sparse with info-even before the play offs--- 

no point in believing an f'in thing they say about injuries.

Other than the guy won't play tonight- and even then I'm sceptical;  after a player went from week to week, to playing the next night.

Tocchet overplayed Demko throughout the season.

Despite his history of being fragile and injury prone... from the previous year when he was overplayed and got injured...

So they ignore his history, play him like he has no previous history... and  he gets injured.... but luckily comes back... just in time for the last two games of the season... on one of which is important.

So he wins the needed game... and it was suggested he sit out for the relatively meaningless Jets game... but no, Tocchet plays him.

They sit out Miller, they sit out Boeser, etc...  but sit out Demko, just back from a serious injury.... no.

So one game into the playoffs he is injured again... supposedly not related to the previous injury.

But since no team will ever be specific about injuries during the playoffs... do you really believe them???

Track record for handling of Demko is not good.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1