2023-24 Canucks Injury Thread

Grandmaster

Have you actually seen the replay where they think it happened. It was a nothing play he caught the post awkwardly. Things happen, I would still take his history over Lu's. You think he could have made that stretch save after his groin went? 

22 hours ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Tocchet overplayed Demko throughout the season.

Despite his history of being fragile and injury prone... from the previous year when he was overplayed and got injured...

So they ignore his history, play him like he has no previous history... and  he gets injured.... but luckily comes back... just in time for the last two games of the season... on one of which is important.

So he wins the needed game... and it was suggested he sit out for the relatively meaningless Jets game... but no, Tocchet plays him.

They sit out Miller, they sit out Boeser, etc...  but sit out Demko, just back from a serious injury.... no.

So one game into the playoffs he is injured again... supposedly not related to the previous injury.

But since no team will ever be specific about injuries during the playoffs... do you really believe them???

Track record for handling of Demko is not good.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, madrigal77 said:

The Province reporting Demko's out until at least the conference final and may need season ending surgery.

I'm guessing this doesn't qualify as one of "things going right" that PoHO JR referred to earlier in the season.  :classic_ninja:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Hopefully nothing but Boeser left practice early:

It maybe from a previous 'knock'.

iirc he has been missing a few practices, or stepping out early; for a couple of weeks.

Hopefully Demko isn't being rushed to return. 

I hope he heals well. I'd much rather have a healthy Demko next season (his games need to be better managed; I think Tocchet and his coaching staff screwed up on how they managed him this past regular season). 

While we might make a decent run this playoffs, we're not going all the way. Might as well rest Demko, get him the surgery he needs to rehab his knee so that it's at 100 percent when training camp begins, and the regular season starts. 

On 4/23/2024 at 5:21 PM, -Buzzsaw- said:

Tocchet overplayed Demko throughout the season.

Despite his history of being fragile and injury prone... from the previous year when he was overplayed and got injured...

So they ignore his history, play him like he has no previous history... and  he gets injured.... but luckily comes back... just in time for the last two games of the season... on one of which is important.

So he wins the needed game... and it was suggested he sit out for the relatively meaningless Jets game... but no, Tocchet plays him.

They sit out Miller, they sit out Boeser, etc...  but sit out Demko, just back from a serious injury.... no.

So one game into the playoffs he is injured again... supposedly not related to the previous injury.

But since no team will ever be specific about injuries during the playoffs... do you really believe them???

Track record for handling of Demko is not good.

I don't think a goalie should reach 50 regular season game.

Spread it around so your starter has plenty of rest in between games. Play him around 47 games and you're good. 

Demko played 51 games even with missing 2 or 3 weeks with injury at end of season. That pace can't be good. You're asking for an injury. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

On 4/26/2024 at 11:22 PM, N4ZZY said:

Hopefully Demko isn't being rushed to return. 

I hope he heals well. I'd much rather have a healthy Demko next season (his games need to be better managed; I think Tocchet and his coaching staff screwed up on how they managed him this past regular season). 

While we might make a decent run this playoffs, we're not going all the way. Might as well rest Demko, get him the surgery he needs to rehab his knee so that it's at 100 percent when training camp begins, and the regular season starts. 

If he needs ACL surgery he won't be back for training camp. He'll likely be back around January 2025.

Edited by WHL rocks

If Demko got injured first game, it's been a week already. 

Week 2 will end on the scheduled game 7. Hopefully canucks end it in 5 but the league doesn't rush the start of round 2.

Once round 2 starts, Demko might be ready near the end of it which is like 3 to 3.5 weeks... 

If he's out a month we'll have to win round 2 without him. I think this is a very plausible situation. 

Hopefully we see a miracle recovery and he's back in 3 weeks. Hopefully canucks jump on EDM with home ice advantage and start the series 2-0 which will allow us the luxury of bringing Demko back slowly. 

Its great that Casey has beaten the oilers this year. We can take them without Demko. 

It's be great to have Demmer back fully healthy in the conf finals against Vegas or col. 

Yeah yeah... Still round 1. don't look past the next game... Yada yada yada

Posted (edited)

No confirmed starter tonight, but Silovs off early at morning skate. Someone else was also there briefly! 

Edited by elvis15
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

No confirmed starter tonight, but Silovs off early at morning skate. Someone else was also there briefly! 

https://twitter.com/sportsnetmurph/status/1786426241987314138?t=wUZm0C4QCdBNjcbNcbjFsw&s=19

Dem being on the ice and wearing the pads give me more hope he will be ready for the next round. We just got to get there first….

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Today marks 3 weeks since Demko injury. 

I have a feeling we"ll see him latter part of this round if they need him. If canucks are doing fine with CD and Silovs , we'll see him next round

With him skating, it's definitely possible we see him soon. No surprise on the first game though. 

10 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Today marks 3 weeks since Demko injury. 

I have a feeling we"ll see him latter part of this round if they need him. If canucks are doing fine with CD and Silovs , we'll see him next round

2 weeks since the injury