2023-24 Canucks Injury Thread

Grandmaster

7 minutes ago, Captain Hughes said:

I was wondering about petey and will partially forgive him. His one timer was way off and not getting to the velocity it normally does so I attribute that to the knee. Nucks should have rested him for a few weeks. Fire the medical staff they are terrible and couldn't diagnose a cold. Petey still needs to dig in he does look timid, that Nashville goal where they knocked him over after in the celebration left alot to be desired. 

Those decisions are not up to the medical staff. IMHAO our owner got involved. Petey sells seats. 

6 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

If Petterson injured himself way back mid-winter then why didn't the Canucks Medical staff and/or Tock-it tell him to get off the ice and heal himself up ???   That is short sighted on someones part whether the Canucks Staff or Petterson himself because this led to 4 months of uselessness which cost us in the end at the most important time of the year when he was most needed.    What were they thinking????

Because it's most likely B.S

A magic bullet that takes all the heat off of Petey. Just tweet out that you had a sore knee and everyone will buy it 100%.

• ThereItIs 1

35 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

A magic bullet that takes all the heat off of Petey. Just tweet out that you had a sore knee and everyone will buy it 100%.

I highly highly doubt it. 

You think Petey has that kind of duplicitous character?  That he'd just invent an injury to take heat off himself?

Or are you saying that the club is in on the lie?  To defend the high contract?

Either way it would mean keeping up the lie. Being asked about it. How its healing etc...

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive"

Seems it would be much more difficult to keep defending a lie, not mention the risk of a huge scandal if the truth came out, than just say he was going through some personal struggles but he's going to be working hard this Summer to work on his skating, and strength, and he'll be right as rain by September.

• Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

45 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Time for a deep whiff from the troll ass: 

image.jpeg.6b9a3b7edaf5654a18ba08eeb98d0cef.jpeg

Unless it's requested I don't feel the need to get into it, but for those wondering why Petey didn't sit when his knee injury acted up, it all makes a ton of sense from a sports medicine stand point after Tocc 'leaked' it was patellar tendonitis.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Unless it's requested I don't feel the need to get into it, but for those wondering why Petey didn't sit when his knee injury acted up, it all makes a ton of sense from a sports medicine stand point after Tocc 'leaked' it was patellar tendonitis.

Also it was a crucial contract year for him, it would have taken a lot for him to sit out.

Probably a selfish move in hindsight.

Just now, canucks curse said:

Hronek and Podkolzin for Alex Tuch

28, 2 yrs left at 4.75 he is too old for BUFF's window

He can replace Joshua but move up to first line.

Who? We are trading one of the top right shot d in the league and adding Podzilla for a guy who is the level of Joshua? Why would we do that? Are you reading Jim Benning’s book? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, JayDangles said:

Have you ever had tendinitis

Im not talking sore arm after arm wrestling either

true tendinitis is awful. You can still move and do everything but it hurts like a bitch.

Being a carpenter I’ve dealt with tennis elbow. Could do everything motion wise but it hurt. It woke me up in the middle of the night and would keep me awake, there were days that it was fine others I couldnt even make a fist.

it took a year for it to finally clear up, with rest and no use probably a month or 2.

• Huggy Bear 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Johnny said:

Have you ever had tendinitis

Im not talking sore arm after arm wrestling either

true tendinitis is awful. You can still move and do everything but it hurts like a bitch.

Being a carpenter I’ve dealt with tennis elbow. Could do everything motion wise but it hurt. It woke me up in the middle of the night and would keep me awake, there were days that it was fine others I couldnt even make a fist.

it took a year for it to finally clear up, with rest and no use probably a month or 2.

Yup. The inflammation restricts movement too. So Petey couldn’t get proper extension on his stride. Very debilitating to skating. 

• Cheers 3

Hronek for Alex Tuch (4.75)

Ilya Milky (4.75) + Klimovich+ woo to CHI for 2024 VAN 2nd no retention 

CAP SPACE = 23.778

Guentzel 7.75 x 7

Bluegger 1.75 x 3 yrs

Silovs 1.75

Tanev 4.00 x 3 yrs

Myers 2.5x 3 yrs

Zads 5.00 x 5 yrs

= 22.75

Cole .85 x 3 yrs 

=  0.178 K  in cap space

Guentzel Petey Tuch  (Probably top line in hockey)

Hoglander Miller Brock

Suter Blueger Garland

Podkolzin Aman PDG

Hughes Tanev

Zads Myers

Soucy Cole

Silovs

Demko

trade one of the goalies after 2024-2025 season end 

Just now, canucks curse said:

CAP SPACE = 23.778

Guentzel 7.75 x 7

Bluegger 1.75 x 3 yrs

Silovs 1.75

Tanev 4.00 x 3 yrs

Myers 2.5x 3 yrs

Zads 5.00 x 5 yrs

= 22.75

Cole .85 x 3 yrs 

=  0.178 K  in cap space

Hoglander Miller Brock

Suter Blueger Garland

Podkolzin Aman PDG

Hughes Tanev

Zads Myers

Soucy Cole

Silovs

Demko

Yuk! Benning bad. 
FA8A189A-BE8E-41D7-AC90-10069DD53AAC.gif.6ade2762cefb6503479a9e2984dffeb5.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

CAP SPACE = 23.778

Guentzel 7.75 x 7

Bluegger 1.75 x 3 yrs

Silovs 1.75

Tanev 4.00 x 3 yrs

Myers 2.5x 3 yrs

Zads 5.00 x 5 yrs

= 22.75

Cole .85 x 3 yrs 

=  0.178 K  in cap space

Hoglander Miller Brock

Suter Blueger Garland

Podkolzin Aman PDG

Hughes Tanev

Zads Myers

Soucy Cole

Silovs

Demko

No,we don't want no scrubs

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Please do, count me as one of the curious, and although it might not shut the EP-injury-denier folk up, maybe they might also learn a thing or two.

Demko was overplayed and now petey says he was playing hurt half of the year... I would say its time for a complete turnover of the canucks medical staff. This is the NHL, you dont compete with the best in the world with 1 leg. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Could have sat Pete, give him time to recover and use the cap savings to pick someone up at the deadline?

Wow hello wake up canucks! Big mistake 

Owner needs to sign off on adding that salary though. 

52 minutes ago, XxNaslundxX said:

Demko was overplayed and now petey says he was playing hurt half of the year... I would say its time for a complete turnover of the canucks medical staff. This is the NHL, you dont compete with the best in the world with 1 leg. 

Talk to the owner. 

1 hour ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Please do, count me as one of the curious, and although it might not shut the EP-injury-denier folk up, maybe they might also learn a thing or two.

Inflammation of a tendon can take a very long time to calm down to the point of being asymptomatic. There plenty of modalities we use, like frictions, dry needling, and shockwave that can be incredibly effective at treating it, but the number one thing is rest. But shutting a guy down for minor tendinitis would be absurd. Like, unheard of absurd. The problem is, if it progresses it would take multiple weeks, maybe months do fully heal. It's likely they are banking on Petey being able to take 4-6 weeks off skating in the summer paired with treatment to help it calm down.

If it didn't progress till say March, then any clinician would know there wouldn't be enough time to rest it before playoffs. And shutting him down for a minor tendinitis in January or February would have been ridiculous. You'd be better off pushing through and helping muscle stability was enough to avoid it become acute. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, MeanSeanBean said:

Inflammation of a tendon can take a very long time to calm down to the point of being asymptomatic. There plenty of modalities we use, like frictions, dry needling, and shockwave that can be incredibly effective at treating it, but the number one thing is rest. But shutting a guy down for minor tendinitis would be absurd. Like, unheard of absurd. The problem is, if it progresses it would take multiple weeks, maybe months do fully heal. It's likely they are banking on Petey being able to take 4-6 weeks off skating in the summer paired with treatment to help it calm down.

If it didn't progress till say March, then any clinician would know there wouldn't be enough time to rest it before playoffs. And shutting him down for a minor tendinitis in January or February would have been ridiculous. You'd be better off pushing through and helping muscle stability was enough to avoid it become acute. 

Thanks, makes sense. 👍

If that is the case he should of been on long term injury.  And was that the case that he signed that contract?  We could of picked up a rental before the march deadline and or sign a depth player.  What u all think?

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, mikey said:

If that is the case he should of been on long term injury.  And was that the case that he signed that contract?  We could of picked up a rental before the march deadline and or sign a depth player.  What u all think?

I think you need to read this:

• Cheers 1