2023-24 Canucks Injury Thread

Grandmaster

That would make it this for almost two months.

Hughes Hronek

Cole Friedman

Hirose Myers

Juulsen

Not a lot of leeway there if anyone else in the top 4 goes down, and then we'd likely have to split up Hughes and Hronek.

51 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

That would make it this for almost two months.

Hughes Hronek

Cole Friedman

Hirose Myers

Juulsen

Not a lot of leeway there if anyone else in the top 4 goes down, and then we'd likely have to split up Hughes and Hronek.

That looks pretty brutal

That's a. 500 team right there. 

Cole isn't good enough to carry Friedman and Myers isn't good enough to carry Hirose. 

They're gonna either have to play Hughes Hronek 28 min a night or split them up. 

They can't play 28 min a night for 6-8 weeks or they'll get injured too... 

Also isn't Bear out until mid Dec? 

He got injured mid June and they said 6 mths recovery? I wonder if he's ahead or behind schedule. 

I would rather we clear cap and sign Bear than give up Hogz. If Bear is ahead of schedule, we could even put Soucy on LTIR and sign Bear and then try to clear cap space although that is a dangerous gamble. 

6 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

That looks pretty brutal

That's a. 500 team right there. 

Cole isn't good enough to carry Friedman and Myers isn't good enough to carry Hirose. 

They're gonna either have to play Hughes Hronek 28 min a night or split them up. 

They can't play 28 min a night for 6-8 weeks or they'll get injured too... 

I wouldn't say brutal. Brutal would be OEL and Myers as half of our top 4, and Hughes paired with Juulsen as the other half. I'm much more comfortable with the top 4 I listed so long as none of the notable three names there don't also go down.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, elvis15 said:

I wouldn't say brutal. Brutal would be OEL and Myers as half of our top 4, and Hughes paired with Juulsen as the other half. I'm much more comfortable with the top 4 I listed so long as none of the notable three names there don't also go down.

OEL is doing just fine in Florida. 

RT seems to like Juulson. His 1st period last night was pretty bad. He seemed to settle down. Soucy out for 6 weeks gives the Canucks some opportunity to use the Abby talent for spot duty. Hirose-Woo-Walanin-McWard could all come thru. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boudrias said:

OEL is doing just fine in Florida. 

RT seems to like Juulson. His 1st period last night was pretty bad. He seemed to settle down. Soucy out for 6 weeks gives the Canucks some opportunity to use the Abby talent for spot duty. Hirose-Woo-Walanin-McWard could all come thru. 

Still hoping Woo finally gets a shot so we can see how he's doing in his curve, D normally takes awhile to develop so it shouldn't be a surprise, not everyone can step into the NHL and do wonders ala Hughes but even he needed work when he arrived. 

Although I'm sure Hirose and McWard have the inside track via playing up in the bigs and didn't look too bad. 

If Woo does get a shot and he plays his edgy game, he would probably be popular with TOC, hard to say though, I wouldn't mind him having a shot. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, iceman1964 said:

Took one on the chin for the team, literally, glad it wasn't in the neck!! Yikes! 

Saw the update that's he's ok, pretty happy about that!  

Whewwwwww!!

Koozy seems fine.
Unsure how he's feeling though.
He seems a little... off ....

kuzmenko face.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Buddy Myers and OEL were a top 5 shut down pair 2021-22 ALLLL season long. They were on for 35 goals against at 5v5. Last year they were split up, try watching and paying attention.IMG_1198.thumb.jpeg.3c49392dddfe260b2a3ba053b5c51201.jpeg

IMG_1197.thumb.jpeg.a704b2cc6d25af160c121ae1f94308f4.jpegIMG_1200.thumb.jpeg.fcccd2f2133dfc2d1fef364533f19e82.jpeg

3rd highest dzone starts 2nd best on ice save % and the same amount of goals allowed 5v5 as Tanev lol. You guys shit all over Myers and OEL and praise Tanev yet they are all in the exact same conversation.

goaltending is what fucked us. Not Myers, not OEL, it was goaltending.

Also IMG_1202.thumb.jpeg.0d1a0900a7449b61795d5d66b4fdd8c2.jpeg

2nd most low danger goals allowed.

IMG_1205.thumb.jpeg.d736524c272930663df4b47ea5a344d1.jpeg
IMG_1206.thumb.jpeg.584f5a0789ed1ff678c6a11928c8c344.jpeg

tied with Tanev with 10 medium danger goals allowed 3rd fewest high danger goals allowed. 7 fewer than Tanev.

Give the OEL and Myers bashing a bloody rest, you clearly dont pay close enough attention.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HIWATT said:

Koozy seems fine.
Unsure how he's feeling though.
He seems a little... off ....

kuzmenko face.jpg

That's just.. creepy! Photoshop that into a super grey complexion etc and a perfect creepy zombie arises in the masses of undead! Call him scissor tongue zombie boy?