[Speculation] Canucks expected to make strong push to keep Lindholm

25 minutes ago, Mc1laren said:

You take what you can get. After 2-3 years Willander will have already made the leap. This is why Tanev is perfect. He saves a spot on the top pair for Willander at an affordable cap hit and then can move down to the 3rd pair when Willander comes up. 

I’d be down with that. My point was not to subtract Hronek and add Tanev. We should be thinking about Hronek and Willander on the right side. Instead people are trying to subtract to add and I don’t think that bodes well for long term success 

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Bllewellyn said:

Instead of Necas how bout we put something together for nikolaj ehlers from the jets…..not sure what they’d want but I think it would be a better fit

But he is older.With Necas he fits better for the 5 year run to get to the cup.Right now seems he is on the up side getting better plus has more speed to his game.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bllewellyn said:

Instead of Necas how bout we put something together for nikolaj ehlers from the jets…..not sure what they’d want but I think it would be a better fit

I've always liked Ehlers and wanted to draft him. That said, I don't know that he would be a "better" fit. He's been an incredibly consistent 25 goal ~60 point winger his entire career, so you at least know what you're getting. He's going to want a raise on his next contract probably in the $7.5M+ range.

On the other hand, Necas is 3 years younger, bigger, slightly faster, and more physical (though neither are overly so). They are probably similar defensively. I also think he has more offensive potential. Necas is also the bigger risk though with more question marks around his consistency. But, Necas' next contract is also likely cheaper than Ehlers'.

The other consideration though is that Ehlers likely costs more to acquire than Necas since he still has 1 year left at a reasonable $6M cap hit whereas with Necas it's just acquiring his rights.

5 hours ago, Diamonds said:

I've always liked Ehlers and wanted to draft him. That said, I don't know that he would be a "better" fit. He's been an incredibly consistent 25 goal ~60 point winger his entire career, so you at least know what you're getting. He's going to want a raise on his next contract probably in the $7.5M+ range.

On the other hand, Necas is 3 years younger, bigger, slightly faster, and more physical (though neither are overly so). They are probably similar defensively. I also think he has more offensive potential. Necas is also the bigger risk though with more question marks around his consistency. But, Necas' next contract is also likely cheaper than Ehlers'.

The other consideration though is that Ehlers likely costs more to acquire than Necas since he still has 1 year left at a reasonable $6M cap hit whereas with Necas it's just acquiring his rights.

I could visualize a trade revolving around Ehlers for us too. I just dont know if he can play RT hockey. 

He does have the speed, the skillset to complement Petey and he does come at a good cap hit for next year.

Hes also a left shot that could be a really good piece on our PP1 unit and help with zone entries / retrievals using his speed.

• Cheers 1