[Speculation] Canucks expected to make strong push to keep Lindholm

17 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

why do people think Lindy would be locked in at 3C? sure he'd be there some nights, other nights top line, other nights driving the defensive effort, etc. The guy can play multiple roles, all of them well. 

agree

Petey Lindy Necas

Hogz Miller Brock...

Hogz Petey Necas

Joshua Miller Lekkeremaki

Suter Lindholm brock 

a ton of combinations... with lindholm, 

Just now, canucks curse said:

agree

Petey Lindy Necas

Hogz Miller Brock...

Hogz Petey Necas

Joshua Miller Lekkeremaki

Suter Lindholm brock 

a ton of combinations... with lindholm, 

and an underrated element on the outside is that by all accounts, his teammates love him and acknowledge what a valuable player he is.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Devron said:

Also with regarding Necas. Doesn’t seem like a Tocchet player to me. I’m on the fence about that one. His talent is salivating though 

that's a good point, I don't imagine JR/PA work in isolation with RT, one would think there is a lot of synergy there

but we will see, he clearly has said how much he loves Zads and to some extent Lindy, he likes but doesn't love Joshua, if we recall, he came into camp in poor shape and RT spoke out about it and then gave him kudos for getting into shape fast in camp 

I also hope they get a big 4th liner with speed

• Like 1

Just now, canucks curse said:

that's a good point, I don't imagine JR/PA work in isolation with RT, one would think there is a lot of synergy there

but we will see, he clearly has said how much he loves Zads and to some extent Lindy, he likes but doesn't love Joshua, if we recall, he came into camp in poor shape and RT spoke out about it and then gave him kudos for getting into shape fast in camp 

I also hope they get a big 4th liner with speed

Good points. I don’t think Joshua is coming back, I can see a team giving him a Mikheyev type deal

Looking at Lindholm career stats.  I figure him being a 60pt player is generous.  So his cap hit should be in the range of $6M -$6.5M.  He can only surpass that point production if he plays with quality wingers (like EP).  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Do you think Lindholm needs 7m+ to stay in Vancouver?

I might have thought 8 x 6.875m ( 55m ) would have been enticing but......

And agreed on Tanev. I just don't see him in Vancouver.

Necas wouldn't sign for less than he is currently earning either so.

Of course I hope we can sign Lindholm for as low as we can from the cap perspective. But something tells me that Lindholm that we saw in the playoffs is the real one, not the one that struggled through a short regular season stretch here. And if that is the case, we will be lucky if his ask starts with a 7. I would love the 8 x 6.875 if he would agree to that. In my mind, it would be a steal. But 6.5 that was suggested by a previous poster is ridiculously low.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, BPA said:

Looking at Lindholm career stats.  I figure him being a 60pt player is generous.  So his cap hit should be in the range of $6M -$6.5M.  He can only surpass that point production if he plays with quality wingers (like EP).  

I agree, I mean do you see him turning down 6.5x8 yrs from the Canucks?

no,

it will come down to total money 

what about 5.5 x 8 yrs... =  44 million at this age... on a contender in a great city with a lot of Swedish players 

Edited by canucks curse

4 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

I agree, I mean do you see him turning down 6.5x8 yrs from the Canucks?

no,

it will come down to total money 

what about 5.5 x 8 yrs... =  44 million at this age... on a contender in a great city with a lot of Swedish players 

Bruins will off 8 x 7. So 56 mil. We would need to match or beat that. So 7 x 8. 
lots of moving parts. We extend Lindy then Petey or Miller play wing. 

28 minutes ago, Devron said:

Good points. I don’t think Joshua is coming back, I can see a team giving him a Mikheyev type deal

Maybe we can get him back in a years time at 50% if he flops without Garland and becomes a 4th liner again. 😎

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Devron said:

Also with regarding Necas. Doesn’t seem like a Tocchet player to me. I’m on the fence about that one. His talent is salivating though 

I’m an old Hartford Whalers fan…so I Carolina is one if my eastern teams I watch…I like Necas, but don’t love him at the price he may command. He’s very hot and cold. But I guess that’s typical for a 2nd liner.

If he’s unhappy under Brindamour…he’s gonna hate playing for Toc. 

I’d hate to see a trade where it makes sense on paper but the player doesn’t want to fit into the system…just another Kuz situation all over again

He’s a good talent, solid 2nd line guy…but there is a reason Carolina is moving on from him. We need more toughness not less. And he’s not very physical. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

49 minutes ago, Devron said:

Tocchet did mention that next training camp they'll look at being more creative offensively. So, who's to say if Necas wouldn't fit? We averaged like 18-20 shots in the playoffs and you can tell offensive threat was lacking in a major way. We need to strike that balance of two way play, physicality and ability to produce. 2011 team had a good mixture of that. It wasn't all two way players like we were this year. Bunch of non threats and Boeser. The real question is, how are we heavily interested in Necas and keeping Lindholm. Them alone is over half our free cap, and that's assuming they sign at around 7mil a pop. With Joshua, Hronek, Myers, and Zads needing contracts, and other holes in the lineup such as top 4 RHD. And Blueger I'd try to keep.

Maybe we move Hronek for Necas. They don't have anyone signed on the right side after Brent "39 is the new 25" Burns and I guess Scott Morrow. We save 3.6mil this season with a Mik buyout. And 2.6mil next season. I'd probably look at dumping him with a 1st rounder honestly. Assuming we work something out to snag Necas' rights and find a suitable number for Lindholm. If we can guarantee we sign them, I feel more comfortable moving our 1st to dump Mik's entire contract. That's almost 5mil to be spent on our other UFAs and/or adding a top 4 RHD. Re-sign Myers cheap. Pick up Pesce/Tanev in free agency. Our top 4 wouldn't be great, but it's passable.

3 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Chatfield pushed Pesce out to slot in on the right side behind Burns. Pesce is not worth the money he’ll likely command on the open market. But my point is - Carolina has no need for Hronek and won’t be giving up Necas for him.

Canes only have Burns as a top four right shot D and he’s 39. You bet your socks they’d love to have Hronek. They’d give up Necas ++ to get him too. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Chatfield pushed Pesce out to slot in on the right side behind Burns. Pesce is not worth the money he’ll likely command on the open market. But my point is - Carolina has no need for Hronek and won’t be giving up Necas for him.

How long can burns play top pair minutes ?

right side of Hronek, Burns, Chstfield is perfect for them from a size/age/skill set perspective 

1 hour ago, Devron said:

What the team needs is more speed, improving their powerplay, and finding another top 6 winger so Mik and/ or Suter can go to the bottom 6 lines

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, Devron said:

I’m strongly against trading Hronek. I find it ridiculous that a good majority of fans want to trade him. It’s like we’ve forgotten what it’s like to not have a solid RH defencemen. Add old timers isn’t the solution imo. I understand the rumours of contract and him not liking the media and all that but I hope it works out 

i’d rather have 40-50 points from Hronek

than 60-70 from Necas…if he gets there.

I’d love to see Tofolli back. Petey loved playing with him. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Devron said:

I’m strongly against trading Hronek. I find it ridiculous that a good majority of fans want to trade him. It’s like we’ve forgotten what it’s like to not have a solid RH defencemen. Add old timers isn’t the solution imo. I understand the rumours of contract and him not liking the media and all that but I hope it works out 

Nobody would be opposed to keeping him if his contract asks weren't 8mil. Lol. Old RHD is better than having a Darnell Nurse contract on the books.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Nobody would be opposed to keeping him if his contract asks weren't 8mil. Lol. Old RHD is better than having a Darnell Nurse contract on the books.

Yes but I’m also not going to assume it takes 8 million to keep him around because of a report. Agree we don’t want an overpaid guy, luckily his offence dried up at the end putting us in a better position to get the right deal done 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I just simply don't let myself get caught up in those numbers someone somewhere or somehow found out. For the simple reason it will come out after the fact to be nowhere near how it plays out lol.

We've seen it time and time before. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

Yes but I’m also not going to assume it takes 8 million to keep him around because of a report. Agree we don’t want an overpaid guy, luckily his offence dried up at the end putting us in a better position to get the right deal done 

The report is also the Canucks made him an offer and he refused. Safe to say the reports about his ask aren't just a complete ass pull. Honestly, his play was so bad in the last 50 games of the season 6.5mil feels high. I'd be hesitant to give him 7mil at this point. Let alone anything higher. I do hope management can get him closer to 6.5mil.  Problem is he's likely going to want a long term deal for lots of money cause it's his last real chance at it. But he's overplaying his hand and may end up as the next Klingberg.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1