[Speculation] Canucks expected to make strong push to keep Lindholm

4 hours ago, JamesB said:

Absolutely the right call.

Reportedly, Lindholm turned down an offer from Calgary with an AAV exceeding 8 million per year for 8 years. Rumours are that he wanted at least 9 x 8. Obviously his value fell this year. If he played out the season in Calgary his value would have probably dropped to an AAV of maybe 6.5 for 7 years in free agency, maybe less. Moving to Vancouver probably raised his AAV by at least a million, as I think he gets about least 7.5 x 7 years. He can probably thank Vancouver for at least an extra 7 million in total compensation.

As for the Canucks, my guess is that they offer something close to 7.5 but he won't bite and tries the open market where he probably gets a bit more. 

Well if that’s true that he explores the free agent market which is his right to do so, then I guess it’s good bye Lindholm. 

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Well if that’s true that he explores the free agent market which is his right to do so, then I guess it’s good bye Lindholm. 

Lindy will almost certainly see what the offers are on July 1. Our advantage is we can offer the 8th year. So even if Boston offers him 8 x 7 we can offer the same total money but lower our yearly cap allocation by adding the extra year. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Lindy will almost certainly see what the offers are on July 1. Our advantage is we can offer the 8th year. So even if Boston offers him 8 x 7 we can offer the same total money but lower our yearly cap allocation by adding the extra year. 

not to mention a hefty initial singing bonus which could ultimately lower the AAV over term too

https://transcanadawealthmanagement.com/nhl-signing-bonuses/#:~:text=Performance bonuses are only awarded,bonuses and lower base salaries.

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 1

Just now, RWJC said:

not to mention a hefty initial singing bonus which could ultimately lower the AAV over term too

IMHAO re-signing Lindy is the way to go. Then move Petey to wing or play with three dominant centres. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO re-signing Lindy is the way to go. Then move Petey to wing or play with three dominant centres. 

I think that was mgmt’s intention all along. They don’t seem the type to shell out what they did for simply a rental. Understandably they knew they were going to have to compete against potential other bidders if Lindy goes to UFA, but I believe they made a calculated gamble that they would at least stand a solid chance to bring him back. Especially that 8th year. That’s a big factor when you’re in your twilight. And best part is they can incentivize him now and also make the contract buyout friendly for the latter portion of his career which benefits both parties 

• Like 1

I wonder if there is a world Canucks trade boeser to bring in a lesser team friendly deal so they can keep their 3 headed monster down the middle, zuccarello and Hartman in return and move hronek and mikheyev for necas kotkaniemi 

Zuccarello miller garland

necas petterssson hoglander

hartman Lindholm Joshua 

Podkolzin kotkaniemi suter - 52-53m

hughes _____
soucey myers (3)

zadorov (5) _____.  19-20m 

demko 

silovs (1).  6 m

Maybe I’m over valuing boeser I just don’t see us being able to resign him long term after next season now’s the time to trade at high value??? 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

I wonder if there is a world Canucks trade boeser to bring in a lesser team friendly deal so they can keep their 3 headed monster down the middle, zuccarello and Hartman in return and move hronek and mikheyev for necas kotkaniemi 

Zuccarello miller garland

necas petterssson hoglander

hartman Lindholm Joshua 

Podkolzin kotkaniemi suter - 52-53m

hughes _____
soucey myers (3)

zadorov (5) _____.  19-20m 

demko 

silovs (1).  6 m

Maybe I’m over valuing boeser I just don’t see us being able to resign him long term after next season now’s the time to trade at high value??? 

If we have another run like we did this season and BB6 performs remotely close, imho he won’t be going anywhere 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RWJC said:

If we have another run like we did this season and BB6 performs remotely close, imho he won’t be going anywhere 

I think Boeser will take $7M-8M x 8yr.  Seems like he’s the type who is loyal and definitely thinks the Canucks are like family.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, BPA said:

I think Boeser will take $7M-8M x 8yr.  Seems like he’s the type who is loyal and definitely thinks the Canucks are like family.

We got Hughes and demko coming up for big raises soon I just don’t think he’s gunna be fit into our roster unless the cap really leaps again next year 

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, BPA said:

That would be a terrible mistake for the Canucks. Love Boeser but he is always injured and is now getting older and he has only actually been a high end top 6 winger twice.. his rookie year and this year. The canucks cannot afford to give him a high $ retirement contract. They should look to trade high on him this summer or this coming season. That money and term needs to be used on younger more consistent and faster players. 

Edited by rmok

1 hour ago, NoHeart said:

I hate to be that guy but we need more BC or western Canadian boys on the roster. 

No. We don't. Look at the Red Wings when they won their Cup back in 2008. 

Captain was European, if I'm not mistaken. 

I'm not against more BC or Western Canadian boys on the roster. Last time we had a BC Born Canadian kid, his name was Virtanen. How did that go? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Necas scored 71 points two years ago and regressed to 53 points.  I doubt anyone is going to pay him $8 million...

if PLD can get 8.5? with a carrer high 63 points?? Necas will definitely be asking 8+ easy.. i mean he's mostly playing 3rd line minutes/linemates in carolina.. his primary linemates for the season is KK, bunting, drury, nosen and still put up a decent points while only playing 16-17mins with around 1min of ppl time per game

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Captain insano said:

We got Hughes and demko coming up for big raises soon I just don’t think he’s gunna be fit into our roster unless the cap really leaps again next year 

Plus we have Lekkermaki. I doubt we can sign Boeser 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Defcon1 said:

Lindholm is better than Horvat 

yes and no Horvat is superior goal scorer and faceoff guy. LIndholm is better defensively so it really depends on the need. you want a faceoff guy that can score or you want a faceoff guy that is better defensively. personally i think lindholm even at 7.5 is way too much for a 3rd line center that may or may not get u 50 points.

5 minutes ago, Defcon1 said:

Plus we have Lekkermaki. I doubt we can sign Boeser 

If Brock scores another 40 goals next season, then it's going to be really hard to keep him, unless of course he gives the Canucks a hometown discount to remain in Canucks threads. 

6 minutes ago, Defcon1 said:

Plus we have Lekkermaki

No promises that Lekkerimäki is going to be a top six player in the NHL. That still needs to be proven. 

• Cheers 1

I can see us taking on some players in the short term on short term deals so that their contracts expire strategically. Much like the Cole, Suter deals, I think we will be adding for the interim and not handing out too many long term contracts so as to maintain flexibility going forward. 

some would say it’s not worth it, but depending what happens on D in terms of signings, I’d consider trying to offload a 2nd and prospect for a guy like Chychrun who’s in the last year of his deal at a very reasonable 4.6mill. This would provide so much to our D corps and establish some cap flex for the season. He might not be the best example but unless our ELC’s develop as hoped, we should probably try to play it safe with expenditures. Problem is, it limits who wants to sign for short term deals. Maybe a Toffoli fits that demo. A few others I guess. But if BB6 has another 40 goal season it will difficult to let him go/replace. Not an easy road to navigate. 

9 hours ago, Devron said:

I’m strongly against trading Hronek. I find it ridiculous that a good majority of fans want to trade him. It’s like we’ve forgotten what it’s like to not have a solid RH defencemen. Add old timers isn’t the solution imo. I understand the rumours of contract and him not liking the media and all that but I hope it works out 

Have you seen Tanev in Dallas? If we had Tanev with the rest of our core, wed likely be playing Dallas in the conference finals as opposed to Edmonton. He is one old timer that I would give my testicle to have on the team. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

yes and no Horvat is superior goal scorer and faceoff guy. LIndholm is better defensively so it really depends on the need. you want a faceoff guy that can score or you want a faceoff guy that is better defensively. personally i think lindholm even at 7.5 is way too much for a 3rd line center that may or may not get u 50 points.

Horvat's career high is 38 goals.

Lindholm's career high is 42 goals.

Horvat's faceoff percent last season was 53.9% (54% career)

Lindholm's  faceoff percentage last year was 56.4%. (53.5 career)

You are really splitting hairs in those departments. Lindy is definitely a better defensive player I'll give you that.

1 minute ago, Coryberg said:

Horvat's career high is 38 goals.

Lindholm's career high is 42 goals.

Horvat's faceoff percent last season was 53.9% (54% career)

Lindholm's  faceoff percentage last year was 56.4%. (53.5 career)

You are really splitting hairs in those departments. Lindy is definitely a better defensive player I'll give you that.

lindholm stats was from what? 2-3 years ago with a prime johnny g and tkatchuk? what have he done since? horvat have done it pretty much by himself outside the powerplay so yes i still say horvat is superior goal scorer