[Speculation] Canucks expected to make strong push to keep Lindholm

13 hours ago, garthsbutcher said:

If you have Suter on your first line you are not going anywhere period

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

We have a healthy Demko in nets and our lineup this year wins the Cup. Suter on our top line and Mik on our second line is a Cup ring team wit Demko. 
I think some fans don’t realize how close we’re to the Cup with this group. 
We didn’t have Demko and still almost won. 

12 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Its funny how many people rip Suter or think if he is patrolling one of the top two lines the team won't succeed. He regularly is in the right spot at the right time and while he has plenty of chances he does pot 13% of those chances. He is a versatile forward the team is better for having anywhere up and down the lineup.

12 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Yea how soon people forget he was our third line center to start the year when we were one of the best teams in the league.

He can slot anywhere in the lineup and he brings the same consistent two way effort. Glad we signed him to two years.

11 hours ago, The Duke said:

Miller and Boeser went PPG with the guy these playoffs and that line wasn’t the problem.  

So, I disagree.  The NHL works in duos and Suter is a responsible Swiss Army knife type who we can plug in wherever.  He’s not the focal point of the line at all, so switch another name in there if you want, but we know it works.

It is not unusual at all to have a utility player on a line in the top 6.

When the Avalanche won the cup in 2021-22, Lehkonen was on the top line with Mackinnon and Rantanen:

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2022/06/22/live-blog-stanley-cup-final-game-4-between-the-avalanche-and-lightning/

2021-22 Lehkohnen had 38 points in 74 games.

2023-24 Suter had 29 points in 67 games (equivalent of 35 points in 74 games).

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

It is not unusual at all to have a utility player on a line in the top 6.

When the Avalanche won the cup in 2021-22, Lehkonen was on the top line with Mackinnon and Rantanen:

https://russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2022/06/22/live-blog-stanley-cup-final-game-4-between-the-avalanche-and-lightning/

2021-22 Lehkohnen had 38 points in 74 games.

2023-24 Suter had 29 points in 67 games (equivalent of 35 points in 74 games).

Do you ever find it hard to talk with hockey fans who think that the only metric to evaluate players on is points?

i think upgrading on suter is a must, but finding another guy like Joshua who can forecheck, hit, play defence and not be a black hole offensively. 

Also people tend to forget, Burrows was a Suter before he got his shot with the sendins

12 hours ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Canucks wildly splurged in players and draft picks to get Lindholm... for them to let him walk would be a disaster.

why? which one are you particularly concerned over?

17 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I’m concerned to lose a guy that is gunna come at a fair price because of his struggles early on that then clearly showed his true value in the playoffs, Lindy at 7 is a steal and it’s a huge loss to Canucks if he walks regardless of the outcome of the trade 

Just now, Captain insano said:

I’m concerned to lose a guy that is gunna come at a fair price because of his struggles early on that then clearly showed his true value in the playoffs, Lindy at 7 is a steal and it’s a huge loss to Canucks if he walks regardless of the outcome of the trade 

I agree, it would suck to lose Lindy. I'm not concerned at all about the package we gave Calgary, its all low percentage changes at mid. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 5/26/2024 at 7:48 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

If we don't keep Lindholm we need to acquire a good PKing 3C for around 3-4M but I'd rather give Lindholm 7M, gives us a lot of top 6 flexibility. Move other pieces around to keep him. 

We have this in Blueger. He is an important player Vancouver will very likely bring back. He is underrated if not unappreciated in this market. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

we only really gave away 1 good asset which was the 2024 1st.. which was a very late first.

brustewicz game translating to the nhl is very very dicey, his points are giga inflated

kuzy wasnt fitting in our new system

joni jurmo is a C prospect

i have no issues with whta we gave up personally

i would really like us to sign lindholm though. maybe he tests FA, and comes back for 8 years x 7.2m or something.  

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, fuzzy said:

Yes, absolutely!!!  With a rising cap in 4yrs 4th liners will be making 6 mil. Lock in elite talent while you can. 

but the question is his game is something that can translate to even a 4th liner? 

2 hours ago, TopCheese said:

U cant pay your 3rd line C 7+ million tho he would push petey out on the wing and be in the top 6 or u move suter down to 3c and put lindholm between brock and miller 

tocchet doesnt want 2 top lines, 2 bottom lines, that much is very clear

he wants 3x 1b lines that he can roll in duos, with an interchangeable part on each wing

this setup is way easier to manage in the event of a big injury and makes it easier to win in the playoffs

the duos we have, and the spots we have open:

miller-Boeser

Petey-?

Garland-?

In an ideal world we get elite talent for both petey and garland. realistically that seems like a big ask. 

if we keep lindholm, bluegar is for sure gone. joshua is likely gone too, and PA goes fishing for "the next DJ"

6 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

tocchet doesnt want 2 top lines, 2 bottom lines, that much is very clear

he wants 3x 1b lines that he can roll in duos, with an interchangeable part on each wing

this setup is way easier to manage in the event of a big injury and makes it easier to win in the playoffs

the duos we have, and the spots we have open:

miller-Boeser

Petey-?

Garland-?

In an ideal world we get elite talent for both petey and garland. realistically that seems like a big ask. 

if we keep lindholm, bluegar is for sure gone. joshua is likely gone too, and PA goes fishing for "the next DJ"

Can Podkolzin be the next Joshua? 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Brzustewicz is really the only piece that was worth crying over. But there was talk he wasn't interested in signing here. The first round is like 28th overall in what is considered a meh draft. So it's practically a 2nd round draft pick. Jurmo was a nothing prospect and they only signed him cause they have no prospect pool. We probably weren't even gonna sign him ourselves. And Kuzy can't play in Tocc's system. Cap dump. Anyone that thinks we gave up the moon for Lindholm is overreacting. Losing him would suck, cause I love his game and think he fits Tocchet's style better than most on the roster. But if we do lose him. I am not that mad.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

30 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Can Podkolzin be the next Joshua? 

Yes. There are always good players out there that just need the right system, coaching, or opportunity. Look at Verhaeghe, Mason Marchment, and Joshua. All former leaf players that took time to hit. 

26 minutes ago, fuzzy said:

Anthony Beauvillier got us a draft pick. Mikheyev is a better player and has some value. I don't think we need to attach an incentive to move him.

That was a very fortunate situation for us where Chicago was desperate for a winger.

Cant count on that happening again.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Well it sounds like Blueger will be back.

He posted yesterday on his Instagram “we’ll be back” with a bunch of team pics. Don’t think you post that if you plan to go to free agency.

So pencil him into the 3C spot.

time for PA to lowball him then! Jk

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Well it sounds like Blueger will be back.

He posted yesterday on his Instagram “we’ll be back” with a bunch of team pics. Don’t think you post that if you plan to go to free agency.

So pencil him into the 3C spot.

That is excellent if it comes to fruition. He played very well this year for the Canucks and has an underrated mean edge to his game too.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I feel like there might be something with Pittsburgh or even San Jose.

Since PA has shown a willingness to make mid-season moves, I hope they’re able to be patient with a Mik trade.  Will his value really get lower than it is right now?  He’ll almost certainly be healthier with another offseason.  His production really can’t get worse and there will be less term on his contract.  

A Mik trade is more valuable at the deadline than right now unless you MUST make cap space immediately.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1