[Rumour] Canucks have some interest in Kotkaniemi as per Friedman

For the Canes, GoofyKotka represents a transaction-pr-faux pas, which was executed with juvenile, Caniac(?) online petti/cockiness. There were a lot of expectations attached to this guy, & his performance has been damaged accordingly. They definitely should be asked to eat a chunk of that egregious AAV.

Wouldn't want to touch that contract over 3.5 mill. 

That said, a deal could be expanded, if we could acquire some good young prospects from their stash...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SuchaNuxtalgia said:

For the Canes, GoofyKotka represents a transaction-pr-faux pas, which was executed with juvenile, Caniac(?) online petti/cockiness. There were a lot of expectations attached to this guy, & his performance has been damaged accordingly. They definitely should be asked to eat a chunk of that egregious AAV.

Wouldn't want to touch that contract over 3.5 mill. 

That said, a deal could be expanded, if we could acquire some good young prospects from their stash...

Wasn’t the rumour Mik got JK +++? 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Yep, but what people say, in public, is not always what they mean.

Likely there are no hard feelings, but I'd be making sure, before pursuing JK, if he is even a possibility.

It literally was nothing. They fell awkwardly. People mad about it, have y'all even watched the play recently? I just youtube'd it cause I forgot all about it. Kotkaniemi hooked him, Petey held up, they got twisted, fell awkwardly. People making it sound like Kotkaniemi went all Matheson on Petey.

Edited by JeremyCuddles
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

Kuzmenko has Tocchet as a coach. And he was shipped out. If the player doesn’t align with Tocchet. Probably not going to come here or they’ll be shipped back out. Problem with Jesperi is that if we take that contract. We’d have to attach yet another sweetener just to get rid of a contractual problem we should never have had to begin with. 

Yeah I'm not sold on JK but he does lean more towards a Tocchet style of hockey than our speedster with hands of stones. 

Yes it will be an extra contract we may not need, yet if it can bring us Peteys winger (Necas).... maybe?

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

It literally was a nothing. They fell awkwardly. People mad about it, have y'all even watched the play recently? I just youtube'd it cause I forgot all about it. Kotkaniemi hooked him, Petey held up, they got twisted, fell awkwardly. People making it sound like Kotkaniemi went all Matheson on Petey.

Yeah, again.

Most think it was nothing. Petey, at the time said it was nothing. That could be because he truly feels it was nothing- or it could have been he didn't want to look 'like a crybaby/softy' which would have drawn more physical play against him.

Me- I think it was nothing, and I think Petey does think it was nothing---

However, before pursuing JK, I'd be making sure Petey really has no problem with what happened.

That due diligence should take about 30 seconds worth of phone or e mail time to accomplish.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Wasn’t the rumour Mik got JK +++? 

Haven't really been following. Could see the Canes SALIVATing over Thatcher. They've been 'tender-starved forever. Could we land say, Jarvis AND Morrow?!

Spitballin: Mik , Lil' Hronek, Demko, maybe Woo(?)

Return: Kotka(retain 25-30%), Necas, Morrow, Jarvis, Kochetkov(Ian Clarke could prob work wonders with this kid)

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Diamonds said:

He most definitely will not bring the same physicality as Joshua. He's no shrinking violet but he's not exactly a physical player either.

If we want a Joshua replacement we should be looking at Luostarinen out of Florida. Only average physically during the season but always greatly ups his physicality in the playoffs. 46 hits in 15 games so far this playoffs and 37 in 16 last playoffs. Still not Joshua's 74 hits in 13 games this playoffs, but it's a lot closer than Kotkaniemi's 12 in 11.

Than being said, something like Hronek + Mikheyev for Kotkaniemi + Necas is a trade I would be very happy with.

Yes it would be part of a bigger deal... my question would be if Necas would good enough for us to take the chance on JK... its a long contract, and even though its "only" about 800K each year to buy out, should that be necessary its a 12 year long penalty... don't fancy that at all. 

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It would be hilarious if Carolina buys him out.

Montreal picks him up and he turns into a monster player.

I just want Montreal to troll Carolina and send them a crisp $20 bill to help out with the buyout (Kotkaniemi had a $20 signing bonus on his offer sheet, Aho wears 20) 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1