[Rumour] Canadiens may deal young blue liner for scoring help and to alleviate D prospect logjam

55 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

It's funny how many people are totally fine with Tocchet's character issues and the fact that he had to enter a plea bargain to avoid jail time with his gambling ring charges. But a kid makes a bad decision, owns up to it and goes through counseling and education but he deserves to be banned from the league 

Gretz ain’t no saint. He was all over that mess too don’t forget. If you’re gonna slam RT best you include 99 as well who was betting though his wife 

• Like 1

Just now, RWJC said:

Gretz ain’t no saint. He was all over that mess too don’t forget. If you’re gonna slam RT best you include 99 as well who was betting though his wife 

My point is rhe kid has done everything asked of him to make amends. He never made excuses and he's done the work to become a better person.  If the others me tinned deserved a second chance then certainly he does too 

• Cheers 1

Just now, qwijjibo said:

My point is rhe kid has done everything asked of him to make amends. He never made excuses and he's done the work to become a better person.  If the others me tinned deserved a second chance then certainly he does too 

Agreed, I think it’s fair and everyone deserves a second chance in life. None of us are innocent people… most  tell white lies, speed, etc etc which are all character faults.

As a species we’re far too judgemental of others and their mistakes. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

As a species we’re far too judgemental of others and their mistakes. 

And this is why, if I was in charge or owner of a multi million/billion dollar enterprise I'd stay away from the guy. 

Insert one of the few gambling phrases I've heard, 'the juice is not worth the squeeze.'

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Gurn said:

And this is why, if I was in charge or owner of a multi million/billion dollar enterprise I'd stay away from the guy. 

Insert one of the few gambling phrases I've heard, 'the juice is not worth the squeeze.'

Totally fair. Sometimes the history is not worth the future. That’s the price one pays for making a mistake of Mailloux’s magnitude. Kid is lucky he’s getting another chance at the NHL level if you ask me. With Hockey Canada and Blackhawks and hockey culture in general under major scrutiny, it pays to be cautious with decisions like that  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Totally fair. Sometimes the history is not worth the future. That’s the price one pays for making a mistake of Mailloux’s magnitude. Kid is lucky he’s getting another chance at the NHL level if you ask me. With Hockey Canada and Blackhawks and hockey culture in general under major scrutiny, it pays to be cautious with decisions like that  

Personally, I'm in favour of the principle that if you've done the time, you get a fresh shot.

But I would not risk my employer's, or my employees, livelihood by taking that chance.

• Cheers 1

Hate to bring it up but no one mentions Ian Cole and his previous circumstance. What about alumni Geoff Courtna and his involvement in raping an underage girl while with the Caps. Quite a few instances in the hockey world of either “alleged” disturbing behaviour or being associated with it at very least.

anyway, back to topic.

the rumour is the Habs have identified who they would part with. Mailloux is not one of those 3

• Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Hate to bring it up but no one mentions Ian Cole and his previous circumstance. What about alumni Geoff Courtna and his involvement in raping an underage girl while with the Caps. Quite a few instances in the hockey world of either “alleged” disturbing behaviour or being associated with it at very least.

anyway, back to topic.

the rumour is the Habs have identified who they would part with. Mailloux is not one of those 3

To further muddy the water, I dlcould see Kovacevic being available at some point during the season. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2024 at 11:14 AM, canucks curse said:

they would want Hoglander for Barron and a late 1st 

Hoglander for Barron is a decent deal with whatever other minor pieces go either way.  Some of it depends on Barron’s contract demands, presumably not too high

We are actually in a spot where we have “surplus” players who we can afford to trade.  Silovs is great, but Demko is our guy…. Trading Silovs for another young D like Zub (Montreal is reportedly looking for goalie help) could also get us another young D. 

Add in the reported Hronek+Mikheyev for Necas+Kotkaniemi and we have options to make an interesting roster next year with enough cap space to afford raises and 

(I haven’t done an estimated cap hit for this roster… just put together some speculated or rumoured moves)

Lindholm-Petterson-Necas

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Podkolzin-Kotkaniemi-Garland

Karlsson-XX-XX

PDG

Hughes-Tanev

Zadorov-Zub/Barron

Soucy-Juulsen

XX

Demko

DeSmith 

Edited by Provost