Your Favorite All-Time Canuck

Canuck You

Favourite....not Best. 

Has always been Burrows ever since about the time the "Burrows, do we really need him" thread started.

But Bieska moved up the favourite meter during the last few years. 

Burrows was my favourite player on the ice. Bieksa is my favourite ex player.  There.

• Cheers 1

18 hours ago, kilgore said:

Favourite....not Best. 

Has always been Burrows ever since about the time the "Burrows, do we really need him" thread started.

But Bieska moved up the favourite meter during the last few years. 

Burrows was my favourite player on the ice. Bieksa is my favourite ex player.  There.

Pre-internet, and back in the days where TV and print media rules the roost, it was easier to identify with how a player played (eyeballs mostly), and enjoy the rosters.   Anyone who became a Canuck, even for a short time, you'd see a jersey somewhere in the crowd.   Tim Hunter,  Larionov ... even Ryan Walter etc.    This thread is great because there are no wrong answers.    

• ThereItIs 1

On 10/12/2023 at 5:16 AM, Jeremy Hronek said:

Bure is still my favourite but after last night's game, I think Elias Pettersson has definitely entered the conversation.

Head says Henrik, Heart says Bure,.........inner groin says Petey?  Who knows......

EP starts to score more goals, and sustains that for 4-5 years, he could supplant Bure, Mogilny as the best players 30 and under we've ever had.   Bure will be hard to beat, as the most exciting player we've ever had...as far as the best one goes, EP could give him a run for his money.   QHs of course too.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

Probably Burrows. The epitome of "success story" - played roller hockey and worked his way to eventually became the Sedins' line mate, taking his team to Game 7 of the SCF.

He played with so much passion and was an awesome winger for Henrik, an agitator against his opponents, great interview, likeable guy. Slayed the dragon. 

I have soft spot for Thomas Gradin as that first skilled Swede, and also King Richard. They were a part of my formative years with the team.

Linden and Bure will always be huge parts of the team history and are obvious choices. The Second are no brainers, Ohlund and Edler as well as Bieksa, and now Hughes and Petey.

Edited by elvis15