4 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

That's a no for me, dawg. Flashy player who doesn't come across as a big body playoff performer. 

This, essentially makes no sense to pair Petey (who could use a strapping playoff performing winger) with a winger who's even less physically daunting than he is.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

This, essentially makes no sense to pair Petey (who could use a strapping playoff performing winger) with a winger who's even less physically daunting than he is.

Zegras has a lot of that little rat who has a lot of skill in his game. Like a mini Matt Tkatchuk. He should come pretty cheap too. The Ducks just want him gone 

33 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We all hate this guy (he’s a little prick) but he could be the winger for Petey. 
What’s the cost? 

Assuming Tocc could beat the shitty attitude out of him.... I get it I think, he'd be a very creative partner for Petey at a decent cost.

Anaheims d group is ass, so maybe zegras, Oilers 1st rounder they have, for Hronek?

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Assuming Tocc could beat the shitty attitude out of him.... I get it I think, he'd be a very creative partner for Petey at a decent cost.

Anaheims d group is ass, so maybe zegras, Oilers 1st rounder they have, for Hronek?

Then PA could trade that first for a right shot D to replace Hronek? 
I get it. We all hate Zegras. And for good reason. There are reasons why skilled guys are hated though and usually it’s because they have some bite in them. Ducks are trying to get rid of him too. So he might come cheaper than Hronek. Maybe Hogs gets it done? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I get it. We all hate Zegras. And for good reason. There are reasons why skilled guys are hated though and usually it’s because they have some bite in them. Ducks are trying to get rid of him too. So he might come cheaper than Hronek. Maybe Hogs gets it done? 

in that case, Hogs + Mik for Zegras? maybe throw in Woo?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Zegras seems more like a Marchand sort of hate in my opinion and people hated Marchand before he showed himself to be skillful. That being said, he might also be less team focused than Marchand too which makes Marchand better if you can believe it or not. It's really hard to tell this early on in his career, especially given he's been injured.

If Zegras comes here, either he's going to be praised here similar to Burrows or he's going to be pooped on due to shenanigans in my opinion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

in that case, Hogs + Mik for Zegras? maybe throw in Woo?

Exactly! We have great leadership and coaching. If the cost is low then why not try a guy like Zegras? The Ducks just want him, and his contract, gone. He’d pretty much be free. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Exactly! We have great leadership and coaching. If the cost is low then why not try a guy like Zegras? The Ducks just want him, and his contract, gone. He’d pretty much be free. 

Sometimes a trade shocks these dumb dumbs into being better people.

• ThereItIs 1

I do see the allure. If he can becaome a Marchand-lite or Matt Cooke type of player (everyone hates except for their own team) then he would be a great asset. But if he becomes a Sean Avery type of player then we waste Hogs for nothing (well except dumping Mikheyev's contract if they take it).

I feel that Devron's assessment above is where Zegras is at right now. Which is a shame.

If Toccet can whip this guy into shape then a steal is what we've got here. These are swing for the fences type of deal... we do know more people strike out than hit the home runs right?

• Vintage 1

Alf how many empties? Zegras might be the softest most entitled player in the sport right now that just got way over paid, does he even have a career hit yet? I’d also love to see his give away to take away ratio it can’t be pretty 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Zegras has a lot of that little rat who has a lot of skill in his game. Like a mini Matt Tkatchuk. He should come pretty cheap too. The Ducks just want him gone 

A mini ratkachuk with no balls. That kid is far too much a pretty boy to get his hands dirty. He is a preseason and regular season player, hell the pre-season is too rough for him.

• ThereItIs 1