2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Sometimes a trade shocks these dumb dumbs into being better people.

Maybe. But this could also be a case of you can't fix someone, no matter how much duct tape you use. And I think this could be one of those situations.

• ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, AnthonyG said:

A mini ratkachuk with no balls. That kid is far too much a pretty boy to get his hands dirty. He is a preseason and regular season player, hell the pre-season is too rough for him.

Matthew Tkachuk also has no balls though.

5 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

I don't think Vancouver has rhe right assets to appeal to a rebuilding club 

You don’t think Tom Willander and Jonathan Lekkerimäki would appeal to Anaheim?

Every team in the NHL would be interested if those guys were available. Podkolzin still has value too. Pretty sure a 24 goal scorer like Höglander would also draw some interest. Even D-Petey would garner interest around the league. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Ask Kassian what he thinks of that gutless turtle.

Gotta have balls to go as hard at the net and dirty areas as he does. Doesnt mean he has the balls to turn and fight, but he has the balls to go to the dirtiest areas and cause hell and have a swarm of guys trying to beat the piss out of him.

Zegras wouldnt be caught dead in a dirty area trying to ruffle feathers. Too busy jerkin off to his own highlights.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Gotta have balls to go as hard at the net and dirty areas as he does. Doesnt mean he has the balls to turn and fight, but he has the balls to go to the dirtiest areas and cause hell and have a swarm of guys trying to beat the piss out of him.

Zegras wouldnt be caught dead in a dirty area trying to ruffle feathers. Too busy jerkin off to his own highlights.

Eh, we'll agree to disagree.  Cowards like Tkachuk have no place in a men's league.  At least Zegras isn't known for dishing it cheap shots and then disgracing the sport by refusing to answer the bell.

Posted (edited)

Eh, we'll agree to disagree.  Cowards like Tkachuk have no place in a men's league.  At least Zegras isn't known for dishing it cheap shots and then disgracing the sport by refusing to answer the bell.

Honestly, if Tkachuk were on this team and helping us out, I wouldn't really care if the rest of the league thought he was "gutless". It's just kind of similar to what the rest of the league thought of Burrows.

Zegras, on the other hand, I think is a little more risky.

Also, your "Fire Rutherford" signature has aged like a Bill Crosby commercial... lol

Edited by The Lock
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

We are not innocent at all in having shit disturbing players that never really dropped the gloves either. 

At least you can go deep in the playoffs with a guy like Tkachuk, you go absolutely nowhere with a player like Zegras.

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

We are not innocent at all in having shit disturbing players that never really dropped the gloves either. 

At least you can go deep in the playoffs with a guy like Tkachuk, you go absolutely nowhere with a player like Zegras.

I'd still take a guy with maybe a bit too much personality like Zegras who is honest about who he is over a worthless piece of shit like the turtle who disgraces the sport every time he sets foot on the ice.  You can coach the showboating out a lot easier than it should be to turn Tkachuk into a man.

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

I'd still take a guy with maybe a bit too much personality like Zegras who is honest about who he is over a worthless piece of shit like the turtle who disgraces the sport every time he sets foot on the ice.  You can coach the showboating out a lot easier than it should be to turn Tkachuk into a man.

Alex Burrows? Any issues or complaints about the type of game he played?

Edited by AnthonyG
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Is Zegras Burrows with more skill? I hate Zegras. He’s a punk. But maybe in our team we’d like his antics, especially if he helps us win? 
Winger for Petey and he’d be cheap. Ducks want home gone. 

6 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Wasn't nearly as dirty as Tkachuk, at least had some respect for him.  Tkachuk is one of the biggest dirtbags ever to infest the sport

8 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

If I may

Yes, I'd complain about the type of game.

Way too much embellishment. I mean way too much.

Hard worker, decent hands, smart player- just too much 'theater' in him.

Get rid of the neck snap back crap and I'd have no issue with him.

All in all, bad with good, Alex was a very good player.

• Cheers 1

On 5/26/2024 at 3:59 PM, Alflives said:

We all hate this guy (he’s a little prick) but he could be the winger for Petey. 
What’s the cost? 

rumors from the web 1 for 1 mitch marner, so in that area

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, Gurn said:

If I may

Yes, I'd complain about the type of game.

Way too much embellishment. I mean way too much.

Hard worker, decent hands, smart player- just too much 'theater' in him.

Get rid of the neck snap back crap and I'd have no issue with him.

All in all, bad with good, Alex was a very good player.

Exactly. But we loved having him, which is my whole point about having Tkachuk

• Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Déjà Vu said:

rumors from the web 1 for 1 mitch marner, so in that area

Do we have an overpaid soft soon to be UFA winger who will command 12.5 x 8 like Marner? 
The Ducks just want Zegras out of their young room. He’d come for next to nothing. 

Zegras does not strike me as a Tocchet player. Probably gets shipped out as soon as he lands here. I would try to avoid another Kuzmenko situation.