Frank Seravelli takes shot at Vancouvers fans

spook007

This is not just a cheapshot at us, its how the league builds a media climate that enables the biased reffing and dops decisions that have afflicted us since forever.  "insiders" like this doofus are all access "journalists":  they have to spout a certain line for the people in power to continue talking to them.  This is how NHL corruption works.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Looks like their cops do the same things Darnell Nurse and others on their team enjoy.    Good grief just sit on them and they'd have to stop. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

He's 36 and looks like he's 61. No wonder he's bitter. 

Douche factor? Check.

Tell people how wealthy we are? I've never seen ONE example of that, ever. Mostly we complain about the cost of living here and how we're struggling to make it. Albertans are harder workers? Says a guy who sits on his ass and makes crap up for a living? How would he know what hard work is?

My father is fisherman....tell me that isn't hard work, Frank. He's almost lost his life in a shipwreck that sank the boat and busted his leg up into fragments. Was in the water and his crew dragged him onto the little lifeboat and paddled him to shore where an ambulance took him away. My Mom worked on the dock that he unloaded his fish at....she was there 16 hours a day for 10 days straight when she collapsed. F off, Frank. You have no idea what we're about here.

Maybe the crap he uses on his hair is seeping in to his brain. How is this hockey journalism....sounds like a big old suck up to Edmonton job. Ron McLean style.

Clown.

Sums it up right there; he is just a waste of time. Oilers are in WCF; why still be focused on Canucks fans?

If I were him, I'd be writing a scathing story about how Holland has completely mismanaged the cap in Edm and basically wasted the last 5 years of McDrai. Its cup or bust this summer...or run her back and have Draisatl walk for nothing next summer. Of wait, Draisatl is going to sign a 10mx8 year contract because he love the city so much🤣.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BC_Hawk said:

Sums it up right there; he is just a waste of time. Oilers are in WCF; why still be focused on Canucks fans?

If I were him, I'd be writing a scathing story about how Holland has completely mismanaged the cap in Edm and basically wasted the last 5 years of McDrai. Its cup or bust this summer...or run her back and have Draisatl walk for nothing next summer. Of wait, Draisatl is going to sign a 10mx8 year contract because he love the city so much🤣.

I just hope whoever spends time on Canucks twitter doesn't give him any attention, but I suspect he'll get a flood of it. 

I stopped using twitter once Elon took over, haven't missed it for a second. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I just hope whoever spends time on Canucks twitter doesn't give him any attention, but I suspect he'll get a flood of it. 

I stopped using twitter once Elon took over, haven't missed it for a second. 

He's trolling for likes from Edm fans, as they have the potential to go to SCF where he can get even more likes. If the Nux had moved on, he'd probably be doing same to us to be honest.

As an unbiased person who lives in the Okanagan and has spent some time in Edm, the two cities don't even compare. The only thing nice in Edm is the Sask River Park area...the rest of the place is a Cesspool. When one of your main highways is called white mud, you know you are in trouble!

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

49 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Looks like their cops do the same things Darnell Nurse and others on their team enjoy.    Good grief just sit on them and they'd have to stop. 

Fake tough guys. Love how the whole team was so scared of Z!

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

He's trolling for likes from Edm fans, as they have the potential to go to SCF where he can get even more likes. If the Nux had moved on, he'd probably be doing same to us to be honest.

As an unbiased person who lives in the Okanagan and has spent some time in Edm, the two cities don't even compare. The only thing nice in Edm is the Sask River Park area...the rest of the place is a Cesspool. When one of your main highways is called white mud, you know you are in trouble!

Edmonton, as far as Alberta goes, if distinctly *NOT* right of center.  I'm not sure how well that city is viewed in the rest of the province who'd vote out Genghis Khan for being too liberal.🤣

• Cheers 1

Sounds a lot like he belongs in Alberta.

"...*grumble* *grumble* goddamn Vancouver libtards *grumble**grumble*...don't work hard anymore like the good old days *grumble*..."

• Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Sounds a lot like he belongs in Alberta.

"...*grumble* *grumble* goddamn Vancouver libtards *grumble**grumble*...don't work hard anymore like the good old days *grumble*..."

He should work...out and do breathing exercises.

• Haha 1

It's always annoyed me when this guy pops in for interviews and such on Vancouver media. Why are we inviting him on? What does he offer? Daily Faceoff is such a garbage site anyways. The guy barely knows hockey. You could flip a coin, and you'd be more likely to be correct than he is.

He just shows up, hates on the Canucks, and apparently the entire city, then bounces. I just zone out and tune out whenever I see him now.

• Like 1

He's just playing to his audience.

People are talking about him.

People are listening to him, or about him.

next year his boss gives him a raise.

all about the clicks.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BC_Hawk said:

Oilers are in WCF; why still be focused on Canucks fans?

That's because he's trying to feed what he assumes is an inferiority complex that Deadmontonians have in other areas of life while attempting to stir up the hornets nest of Vancouver fans to drive traffic.  If he actually wasn't such a fraud and actually had journalistic integrity, he wouldn't have to rely on instigating shit to get his name out there.

I mean, his actions seem like a classic case of "short man syndrome".  Must be because he's a mental midget.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't like how Seravalli wrote his piece, but there's some truth in this - barely. If he's judging the fanbase as a whole based on the online personalities of Reddit/CDC, etc, one will have a very skewed perception of the city. It's not accurate. There are LOTS of Canuck fans that are equally die-hard but they don't feel they need to post about their thoughts, so they are not accurately represented. And when it comes to discussions about hockey, or about life in general, I honestly don't think Vancouver people are "douchier" than Edmonton fans.

Look, there's always going to be rabid fans that make ANY fanbase look bad. Vancouver has the distinction of rioting after two playoffs in two different years. Whether this is a "Surrey problem" or not, Vancouver does have its issues with entitlement (not unlike Toronto).

That said, the post he made is highly inappropriate and unprofessional, given his reputation as a media insider, despite the fact that I'm trying to see things his way.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1