Frank Seravelli takes shot at Vancouvers fans

spook007

20 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The fact that Sekeres and Price seem to revel in the S. Man's takes. Makes it easier for me to block them and their polls on youtube.

Are those clowns still in town?

Posted (edited)

I just listened to the DFO Rundown; Seravelli's response to criticism of our fair city.  He doesn't sound very concerned about it, basically says that there's truth in it.  And rather than make apologies or give reasons, he started slagging our star player as if that made it ok.  We live in a douchey town.  I think that if you go to any city, you'll find at least a few douche bags.  The media these days survives on scraps that are dependent on social media.  We all know this.  So Seravelli alienated a hockey mad market who he had worked for years to covet favour in and then he called us douche bags to get some cheap yuks in another hockey mad Canadian market.  He's either very stupid or.....

Then along came Reddit:

23 hours ago, DSVII said:

Interesting theory from reddit:

Seravalli was the first one to report last year on Mikheyev going under the knife for his knee despite playing the first half of the season. Rachel Doerrie was fired a couple days later, allegedly for leaking stuff to the media. They’ve both mentioned in the past that they have a relationship from their time in NJ. Since then we’ve seen Seravalli take a much stronger anti-Canucks bend.

And a motive appears.  Seravelli's source of scuttlebutt inside the Canucks organization is suddenly gone because a silly girl who had been leaking insider information had been let go.  Aw Frank, who's the douche bag now?  

You're no Elliotte Friedman.  Suck it up.  Stick to the east coast.  😄

Edited by Crabcakes
  • Haha 1

Also, may I point out that the dick named Luke had 8 points over his enter "career" and that somehow got him on a panel as an expert. 

FTR, Jacob Markstrom had more points in his last 3 years than Gaz-dick did in his entire time in the NHL (as a poser).

image.png.006fccb3df621fba5bc0382563db3a44.png

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

Posted this in another thread. But here it is incase anyone is wondering about what Gazdic said.  I can see him getting worked up by some twitter trolls but to comment "your team is a joke" isnt very smart on his behalf if he wants to be presented as a professional and objective analyst on sportsnet.  

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

On 5/28/2024 at 8:00 PM, DANJR said:

At least I can play outdoor hockey.  And afford to live close to the river valley.  Can you live close to Stanley Park?

I'll be honest....I spent a lot of time in Alberta in the 80's....I always preferred Edmonton to Calgary. (A low bar, I realize but still....:classic_cool:)

You may remember (or have heard of) the Edmonton Journal "Gold Rush", which was a sort of city wide treasure hunt. ($5k worth of gold bars) One of the other guys in the band and myself took part. We were playing out in Sherwood Park. We'd finish up at 2:00 am, head over to the Mac's convenience store and pick up the early edition of the Journal, which would have that day's "clue", as to the whereabouts of the treasure.

We got to know the city pretty well after chasing down a week's worth of clues....

• Like 1

Just now, Darius said:

Posted this in another thread. But here it is incase anyone is wondering about what Gazdic said.  I can see him getting worked up by some twitter trolls but to comment "your team is a joke" isnt very smart on his behalf if he wants to be presented as a professional and objective analyst on sportsnet.  

Yeah, I can see him slagging the fans, (I've done so myself once or twice) but to lump in the team?

You're supposed to be part of a National Broadcast crew.....how can anyone ever take you seriously, if you do something like that.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Darius said:

Clearly this guy hates our city, its people, and our club. He should lose his national broadcast job over this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RupertKBD said:

Yeah, I can see him slagging the fans, (I've done so myself once or twice) but to lump in the team?

You're supposed to be part of a National Broadcast crew.....how can anyone ever take you seriously, if you do something like that.

Agree.  Twitter is a cesspool and there are a lot of idiots on there but there was no reason for him to go down the path he did.  Are they gonna put him on Canucks broadcasts next year? 

My question is after taking clear shots on national TV, then trying to stir up shit internally by throwing out things about management being unhappy with EP, why does CA platform this guy. 
Local media should be doing everything they can to de-platform this douche. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

Just now, Darius said:

Agree.  Twitter is a cesspool and there are a lot of idiots on there but there was no reason for him to go down the path he did.  Are they gonna put him on Canucks broadcasts next year? 

You gotta believe that Juice will have gotten wind of the comments. He already got Elliotte booted off the panel, (or if he didn't, it was the biggest coincidence in the history of coincidences) so I can't imagine LG will have much pull if it comes down to it....

TBH the only play involving Gazdic that I recall is when Byfuglien leveled him few years back.

Guy has been a fringe player all his career, his opinion on the subject doesn’t matter very much.

He is just trying to stir up shit and boost his own profile.

8 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

TBH the only play involving Gazdic that I recall is when Byfuglien leveled him few years back.

Guy has been a fringe player all his career, his opinion on the subject doesn’t matter very much.

He is just trying to stir up shit and boost his own profile.

meh, we've been ripped by better. 

I just can't get worked up over what either of these clowns have to say.  

On 6/1/2024 at 10:24 PM, DSVII said:

Interesting theory from reddit:

Seravalli was the first one to report last year on Mikheyev going under the knife for his knee despite playing the first half of the season. Rachel Doerrie was fired a couple days later, allegedly for leaking stuff to the media. They’ve both mentioned in the past that they have a relationship from their time in NJ. Since then we’ve seen Seravalli take a much stronger anti-Canucks bend.

Thanks for the shout 😉

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

You gotta believe that Juice will have gotten wind of the comments. He already got Elliotte booted off the panel, (or if he didn't, it was the biggest coincidence in the history of coincidences) so I can't imagine LG will have much pull if it comes down to it....

I think I missed something here... what did Friedman say?

58 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

I think I missed something here... what did Friedman say?

I actually missed it as well. A friend of mine told me about it.

Apparently Elliotte "scolded" Juice for "going over" his allotted time and not allowing Friedman as much for his comments that he felt he should be getting.

As I said, it might be a coincidence, but shortly after that, EF was off the panel and sitting beside David Anber....

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

I actually missed it as well. A friend of mine told me about it.

Apparently Elliotte "scolded" Juice for "going over" his allotted time and not allowing Friedman as much for his comments that he felt he should be getting.

As I said, it might be a coincidence, but shortly after that, EF was off the panel and sitting beside David Anber....

That's awesome.  Now all they need to do is dump McLean and HNIC would become watchable.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

That's awesome.  Now all they need to do is dump McLean and HNIC would become watchable.

I suppose they could leave Gadzic where he is, since there's only 2 teams left, but it's going to be pretty hard for Canuck fans to watch him after what he said about the team and it's fanbase.

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)

If Don Cherry gets fired for saying "You people" over respecting veterans.

Then Luke better get superman punched off the panel by Bieksa over this. Regardless if it was on a podcast or not.

Hugely unprofessional and a big clown. I don't care if he made the show, I'd rather be a middle class regular joe than a rich classless goof.

Once a plug, always a plug.

Fuck him

Edited by Breadnbutta
  • Like 1