[UFA] Sam Reinhart

4 minutes ago, HarbularyBattery said:

he scored 57 goals, someones going to give him 10 millon or more, probably florida themselves

Wow. 10M. No way we can afford that. Petey’s contract already the richest in franchise history at 11.6M per. 

• Like 1

Just now, N4ZZY said:

Wow. 10M. No way we can afford that. Petey’s contract already the richest in franchise history at 11.6M per. 

Correct, we can't afford that. But that's roughly what it would cost. Florida can offer him an extra year, and has a lower tax bracket. If he were to leave, which I doubt he does, it would cost at least 10 to get him to consider leaving.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, MeanSeanBean said:

Correct, we can't afford that. But that's roughly what it would cost. Florida can offer him an extra year, and has a lower tax bracket. If he were to leave, which I doubt he does, it would cost at least 10 to get him to consider leaving.

yeah im willing to bet reinhart will retire a panther

probably doesnt miss the vancouver weather at all either haha

Sam will cash in big time as a UFA.  I wonder if the Panthers can afford the raise.

While Fla is busy trying to figure how to bring back Sam, the Nucks should swoop

in and snatch Verhaeghe C/LW) for far less.  He's quite the sniper with 34 +42 goals in

the last 2 seasons.  Really nice playoff #s as well.

https://www.capfriendly.com/scouting-reports/players/carter-verhaeghe

• Upvote 3

He's a right shooting right winger who has only once scored less than 20 goals and only twice less than 50 points.  He is living in Florida a tax free state about to potentially go on to his second straight stanley cup final.  Florida is gonna have some serious issues retaining this team with 12 RFA/UFA players and only 19.7 million in cap space and only Forsling signed long term on the blue line

But they will absolutely be offering Sammy boy big $$ because he and Tkachuk are absolute monsters together and they cant risk breaking that up

23 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

He's a right shooting right winger who has only once scored less than 20 goals and only twice less than 50 points.  He is living in Florida a tax free state about to potentially go on to his second straight stanley cup final.  Florida is gonna have some serious issues retaining this team with 12 RFA/UFA players and only 19.7 million in cap space and only Forsling signed long term on the blue line

But they will absolutely be offering Sammy boy big $$ because he and Tkachuk are absolute monsters together and they cant risk breaking that up

Florida has $19 million in cap space with 9 players to sign.  They will need almost that entire amount just to re-sign Reinhart and Montour.  So not sure they have the cap space to re-sign Reinhart unless they make a trade...

He would have to want to come here for it to make it work.  For similar money, obviously you take him over Lindholm or Necas.

Paying more than $8 million for another player means a real drop in depth as I don’t think any of our prospects are ready to play top half of the lineup this season coming up.

I really feel like the lesson learned feom

this year was that a good defence helps all the forwards.  If we need to spend money we need to make sure that we keep that solid and have three reliable pairings.

I am kind of assuming that Hronek might be on the way out based on some of the reporting…. So we need to find guys in trades or on the open market.  We would need three guys… and that is a lot to ask.

4 hours ago, HarbularyBattery said:

yeah im willing to bet reinhart will retire a panther

probably doesnt miss the vancouver weather at all either haha

Let's just say he is looking pretty tanned for a Vancouver boy.

4 hours ago, higgyfan said:

Sam will cash in big time as a UFA.  I wonder if the Panthers can afford the raise.

While Fla is busy trying to figure how to bring back Sam, the Nucks should swoop

in and snatch Verhaeghe C/LW) for far less.  He's quite the sniper with 34 +42 goals in

the last 2 seasons.  Really nice playoff #s as well.

https://www.capfriendly.com/scouting-reports/players/carter-verhaeghe

That’s a great thought. 1 more year to UFA though and he’s turned into a really good player. Probably gets a big pay boost next year which we might not be able to afford. I struggle to see Florida letting him go. 

The one I’d really like to look into is Anton Lundell. He hasn’t developed into a top end center but he’s strong on faceoffs and still been putting up good development in his first few years. He’s a pending RFA and with Florida not having a ton of cap space and needing to pay Reinhart and Montour that’s gonna leave limited money left. Would be a good player to try to trade for if we can’t retain Lindholm. I imagine Florida does everything they can to keep him though. 

Posted (edited)

This thread confirms that Sam Reinhart is underrated as fock. They call him the Rhino for a reason. He is one of the best goal scorers in the whole NHL and has hockey IQ through the roof. Good grief... The only barrier to signing him for anyone with a brain is that price tag - fair enough. But from a market-value perspective, just a sliver over 10 million (which one could realistically predict) is a bargain when you have guys around the league making in and around 12 million (Marner LOL). He likely re-signs in Florida for what he's rightfully worth. Must be nice being a sunbelt team. 🙃

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

This thread confirms that Sam Reinhart is underrated as fock. They call him the Rhino for a reason. He is one of the best goal scorers in the whole NHL and has hockey IQ through the roof. Good grief... The only barrier to signing him for anyone with a brain is that price tag - fair enough. But from a market-value perspective, just a sliver over 10 million (which one could realistically predict) is a bargain when you have guys around the league making in and around 12 million (Marner LOL). He likely re-signs in Florida for what he's rightfully worth. Must be nice being a sunbelt team. 🙃

He'll get a bag no doubt, but Florida will have a really hard time bringing everyone back since they'll only have $19.7 million in cap space to sign 9 players, with Reinhart being one of them. 

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Paul Kariya, from the North Shore, never played for Vancouver.

Joe Sakic, from Burnaby, never played for Vancouver.

It's like when Leaf fans figure every player from the GTA will want to play for Toronto. And surprise, it doesn't happen.

Edmonton can keep Kane.

Unless they slept in team coloured duvet...

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

We should have gone after him a long time ago during the JB era. He'll get 10M somewhere, probably Florida, he'd be stupid to leave a team who is a constant contender.

His rise has been quite ridiculous actually. He was brushed off by most for a long time, but now he is legitimately one of the league's best. Would it be too bullish to suggest he is a top-15 talent in the NHL even? (Tkachuk and Barkov also included on that list...) Zito has done an absolutely outstanding job with that team. 

Edited by Herberts Vasiljevs

9 hours ago, CanucksFan26 said:

That’s a great thought. 1 more year to UFA though and he’s turned into a really good player. Probably gets a big pay boost next year which we might not be able to afford. I struggle to see Florida letting him go. 

The one I’d really like to look into is Anton Lundell. He hasn’t developed into a top end center but he’s strong on faceoffs and still been putting up good development in his first few years. He’s a pending RFA and with Florida not having a ton of cap space and needing to pay Reinhart and Montour that’s gonna leave limited money left. Would be a good player to try to trade for if we can’t retain Lindholm. I imagine Florida does everything they can to keep him though. 

Lundell has the makings of a power forward; he will be a beast.  He's raised up his game for the playoffs,

so I think next season will be a breakout year for him.  Fla will probably give him a bridge contract

so they can keep the salary cap lower.  If they were dumb enough to trade him, I would love the Nucks

to go after him.  Lekker, Hogs, whatever...get 'er done Patty!

Even with the cap going up, Panthers will have to give up some cap space to acquire Reinhart.

They have 6Fs signed (+Lundell rfa) and 5ds signed.  That's a lot ufas to re-sign or replace.

**The following year, they will have to make room for Ufas Ekblad, Bennett and Verghaeghe.

Trading for Verghaeghe (4.16m) would pay for Rhino's increase, but they would want high pic

or prospect (no cap exchange).  Could the Nucks put together a trade?

Also, I can't see Fla being able to sign UFA Montour.  In that case, I would love to see

the Nucks to go after him (if Zad wants too much).  Hughes - Montour pairing would

be awesome (if the price is right).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Lundell has the makings of a power forward; he will be a beast.  He's raised up his game for the playoffs,

so I think next season will be a breakout year for him.  Fla will probably give him a bridge contract

so they can keep the salary cap lower.  If they were dumb enough to trade him, I would love the Nucks

to go after him.  Lekker, Hogs, whatever...get 'er done Patty!

Even with the cap going up, Panthers will have to give up some cap space to acquire Reinhart.

They have 6Fs signed (+Lundell rfa) and 5ds signed.  That's a lot ufas to re-sign or replace.

**The following year, they will have to make room for Ufas Ekblad, Bennett and Verghaeghe.

Trading for Verghaeghe (4.16m) would pay for Rhino's increase, but they would want high pic

or prospect (no cap exchange).  Could the Nucks put together a trade?

Also, I can't see Fla being able to sign UFA Montour.  In that case, I would love to see

the Nucks to go after him (if Zad wants too much).  Hughes - Montour pairing would

be awesome (if the price is right).

Florida is in for a very rough summer. I think most people have predicted that both Reinhart and Montour will hit free agency just because of the amount of players they need to sign. I definitely can't see both staying even if they sign one of them.

If Florida does try to move some cap space to re-sign Reinhart my primary targets would be Luostarinen and Bennett. Luostarinen has a slight raise kicking in next season ($3M) and they're likely more willing to move Bennett than Verhaeghe (who is one of the best values in the league). With Lundell finally starting to realize his potential this playoffs they would probably prefer to keep him over Luostarinen. Luostarinen would be a fantastic option for our 3rd line if Joshua or Blueger want too much and Bennett with Petey could be awesome.

Even though Bobrovsky has found a return to form, I'm sure they would still trade his $10M contract if they could. Don't really see any takers for it though. It will be fun to see how creative Bill Ziti can get.