[Proposal] You Gotta See This... Legit Contender Here

TRADE #1

To VAN

Frank Vatrano

1st Round Pick (EDM)

To ANA

Filip Hronek

Rumoured that the Canucks management team were quite fond of Vatrano.  They pull the trigger now to acquire him along with the Oilers 1st Round Pick (to be flipped below).

TRADE #2

To VAN

Pavel Buchnevich

To STL

1st Round Pick (EDM)

1st Round Pick (VAN)

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2024/02/blues-rumors-potential-asking-price-for.html

"Elliotte Friedman shared what the Blues' potential asking price for the skilled forward could be – two first-round picks."

TRADE #3

To TBL

Nils Hoglander

3rd Round Pick

To VAN

Erik Cernak

TBL is up against the cap.  They played Matt Dumba more than Cernak this past year, and Perbix has been challenging Cernak for a spot as well.  Raddysh has also come into his own, which makes Cernak expendable and opens up cap space for TBL to bring back Stamkos.

Canucks take advantage of the cap situation in TBL and acquire their top pair RHD to replace Hronek moving forward.

image.thumb.png.f0a358c809f7644828f55c3d7f97792d.png

Look at this lineup!  Stanley Cup worthy?

Buchnevich-Pettersson-Vatrano

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

PDG-Aman-Podkolzin

Hughes-Cernak

Soucy-Myers

Zadorov-Juulsen

• Like 2

I kind of like it. Well done proposal.

Thoughts:

Soucy Juulsen should be 3rd pair.  Zadorov Myers have proven to be good together. I really like Cernak but can he handle 1st pair? Also question if that is the best offer that TB gets for him?

You only have a 21 man roster next year and the year after.  You have left enough room to add one player at league minimum which means a 22 man roster so ok I guess. But not a 23 man roster.

But not bad as it maintains a very big defense and adds some wingers for Petey which are both big keys for us.

I say one thing about that, Alf.

I wasn't a fan of the Lindholm trade, specifically because of the 1st....even though it ended up being 28th overall.

I'd be even less of a fan of going 2 seasons in a row without one. IMO, a team needs younger players, on entry level deals making a solid contribution, to be successful. Loading up at the cost of the future too often results in long term pain down the road....

• Vintage 1

I'm intrigued by possibly poaching Cernak, THOUGH Tampa added McDonagh so I doubt they'd bring him in just to trade a younger RD out.
If we can get that much for Hronek I'd take it, though I'd probably flip both of those assets in turn for Buchnevich and keep our own first.

22 hours ago, HKSR said:

TRADE #1

To VAN

Frank Vatrano

1st Round Pick (EDM)

To ANA

Filip Hronek

Rumoured that the Canucks management team were quite fond of Vatrano.  They pull the trigger now to acquire him along with the Oilers 1st Round Pick (to be flipped below).

TRADE #2

To VAN

Pavel Buchnevich

To STL

1st Round Pick (EDM)

1st Round Pick (VAN)

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2024/02/blues-rumors-potential-asking-price-for.html

"Elliotte Friedman shared what the Blues' potential asking price for the skilled forward could be – two first-round picks."

TRADE #3

To TBL

Nils Hoglander

3rd Round Pick

To VAN

Erik Cernak

TBL is up against the cap.  They played Matt Dumba more than Cernak this past year, and Perbix has been challenging Cernak for a spot as well.  Raddysh has also come into his own, which makes Cernak expendable and opens up cap space for TBL to bring back Stamkos.

Canucks take advantage of the cap situation in TBL and acquire their top pair RHD to replace Hronek moving forward.

image.thumb.png.f0a358c809f7644828f55c3d7f97792d.png

Look at this lineup!  Stanley Cup worthy?

Buchnevich-Pettersson-Vatrano

Suter-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Blueger-Garland

PDG-Aman-Podkolzin

Hughes-Cernak

Soucy-Myers

Zadorov-Juulsen

Looks very good... and definitely far stronger than this year... 

If they don't get Lindholm signed to a good contract, that is definitely wort going for...  Strong top 3 and and strong D... good call...

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

Here is an interesting article from one scouts view --> https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/scout-s-analysis-an-off-season-blueprint-for-canucks-to-consider/ar-BB1nkCC2?ocid=BingNewsSerp

Summary here:

With all that I have described taken into consideration, here’s what the Canucks lineup could potentially look like next season. Keep in mind an entire scouting staff, and upper management would have a say in how to build out the roster. These are simply my thoughts in which I take on the process myself:

image.png.0e0a306d16a7d6dc9cae7a8fe9409d9f.png

Ekman-Larsson Dead Cap Space: $2,346,667

Mikheyev Dead Cap Space: $1,150,000

Total Cap Hits: $86,385,667

Remaining Cap: $1,289,333

Looks like a decent lineup. Don't know much about Carrier other than plays for the Preds. Duclair plays a bit of a hardnosed game and if can rediscover the 2021 - 2022 version then would be a steal. DeBrusk would be my "hmmm" from this proposed roster being on the first line.

Interesting read for those that are so inclined.

Edited by Rocket-68

3 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Here is an interesting article from one scouts view --> https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/scout-s-analysis-an-off-season-blueprint-for-canucks-to-consider/ar-BB1nkCC2?ocid=BingNewsSerp

Summary here:

With all that I have described taken into consideration, here’s what the Canucks lineup could potentially look like next season. Keep in mind an entire scouting staff, and upper management would have a say in how to build out the roster. These are simply my thoughts in which I take on the process myself:

image.png.0e0a306d16a7d6dc9cae7a8fe9409d9f.png

Ekman-Larsson Dead Cap Space: $2,346,667

Mikheyev Dead Cap Space: $1,150,000

Total Cap Hits: $86,385,667

Remaining Cap: $1,289,333

Looks like a decent lineup. Don't know much about Carrier other than plays for the Preds. Duclair plays a bit of a hardnosed game and if can rediscover the 2021 - 2022 version then would be a steal. DeBrusk would be my "hmmm" from this proposed roster being on the first line.

Interesting read for those that are so inclined.

Would be VERY surprised if Stephenson signed for only $4M considering he's pretty much a 60 point centreman.

Could also say something similar about Joshua too.  If all it took was $2.75M, I think he'd be signed pretty quick. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Would be VERY surprised if Stephenson signed for only $4M considering he's pretty much a 60 point centreman.

Could also say something similar about Joshua too.  If all it took was $2.75M, I think he'd be signed pretty quick. 

Also don't see Joshua (2.75 x 2) and Carrier (3.25 x 3) signing for those low amounts

• Cheers 3

Nice proposals, I think value-wise works well and very well thought out. Win-wins for all 3 teams, good job!

Question is, are we a better team for it. Essentially, Hronek + 1st + Hoglander for Buchnevic + Vatrano + Cernak. I obviously like bringing essentially two 30 goal scoring wingers in, but Hoglander is on the up and just dropped 20+ despite playing hardly any minutes so could easily end up being a 30 goal scorer soon. Buch and Vatrano are just about 30 years old. I like the idea of Cernak but his play is slipping lately, he's not the same top pairing shutdown RD he used to be.

It seems like a good bunch of moves in the short term but those wingers aren't getting any younger so who knows how many more 30 goal seasons they have if any. 

It's a nice route to take but to be honest I'd rather stick with our guys and develop them into consistent producers because they're still so young.