[Speculation] Myers close to being extended

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Wouldn’t go more than 2. We paid for a lot of very mediocre years before this.  Don’t trust Contract Giraffe 

what a difference some good coaching can make though 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Give him $2m x 3, he owes us a discount from his chaotic years.

I think he'll take less than market value for term that will get him to retirement.......or close to it, so I think that's probably the term, but at $3m

Edited by stawns
  • Huggy Bear 1

Tyler Myers Agent: Talks Encouraging, But Canucks Have “Other Priorities”

Dave Litman Wednesday, May 29, 2024 Vancouver Canucks

The Vancouver Canucks have some important business to take care of this offseason, with a number of big names hitting the free agent market. One of the "biggest", at least from a physical standpoint, is 6'8" defenseman Tyler Myers. His 5-year, $30 million contract is up, but despite reports of real optimism that something gets done, his agent knows that he isn't the team's top priority at this point. 

Myers' agent, JP Barry, spoke with Canucks insiders Rick Dhaliwal and Don Taylor on Wednesday. There are contract talks ongoing, but "the team needs to get together and have a plan," says Barry.

"I don't think we're first in line, so we'll have to see what happens here."

Myers, with a house in Kelowna, doesn't want to go anywhere, and he and Barry spoke to the Canucks even before the end of the season about his desire to re-up with the team. He loves the city and the coaching staff. 

The big right-shot d-man had a nice season in Vancouver, despite playing a couple of minutes less per game than in previous seasons. He notched 29 points and a career-best plus/minus rating of +16. He handed out 110 hits and blocked 136 shots. 

With 11 free agents from among those players who participated in the playoffs, those other "priorities" that Barry spoke of include pending UFAs Elias Lindholm and Dakota Joshua at forward, Nikita Zadorov and Ian Cole on defense, along with some pretty important RFAs like d-man Filip Hronek and goaltender Arturs Silovs.

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2024/05/tyler-myers-agent-talks-encouraging-but.html

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

Myers extended?
does he really need to be any taller?

🤟

Thankfully you’re just talking height…I hope

• Haha 2

3x3 for Myers is good by me.  

Personally, I’m a chaos giraffe fan.  
Big hits.
A much needed older ‘dad’ like vet who is well liked in the dressing room. 

Very well spoken.  
Chaos makes games interesting.   

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Chickenspear said:

Give him $2m x 3, he owes us a discount from his chaotic years.

I think if he was as low as 3m per on a 3 year deal that be ideal for both sides but make no mistake he could get $ 4 million+ per if he went to market.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I think if he was as low as 3m per on a 3 year deal that be ideal for both sides but make no mistake he could get $ 4 million+ per if he went to market.

Based on responses, I have updated my post with a disclaimer.

59 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think we get him at 3x3.  I'm totally fine with that.  Myers is still a great skater so should have no problem playing another 3 years at a high level, plus we don't really have a replacement for him on the right side.

Hope that this rumour is true.

If we can get the War Giraffe extended with a new 3x3 contract, I would give a toast to PA the next time I take a drink.

Myers had a resurgent season and he really came and battled in the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1