[Speculation] Myers close to being extended

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

To many unknowns to speculate on next year. That said the success of the 3rd line will be hard to duplicate. The playoff experience gained by the young core will benefit the team competitiveness. Hopefully a player steps forward from the prospects to impact the group. Canucks have the best coach in hockey. Looking at the Oilers, Panthers and Stars it is very clear that coaching impacts results in a major way.

I agree there for sure.........it's an era where systems are more important than individual players, but it still takes the right mix of players to get it done.

I'm expecting a step back next year, at least during the regular season because there's just too many cap restraints (mostly because of so much success this season) and I can't see how they're bringing back the bulk of the roster and there's going to be significant changes 

They are a victim of their own success and it might take a couple seasons to get back, roster wise, to where they were.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I agree there for sure.........it's an era where systems are more important than individual players, but it still takes the right mix of players to get it done.

I'm expecting a step back next year, at least during the regular season because there's just too many cap restraints (mostly because of so much success this season) and I can't see how they're bringing back the bulk of the roster and there's going to be significant changes 

They are a victim of their own success and it might take a couple seasons to get back, roster wise, to where they were.

The Empties expect another 100 plus point season next year. Certainly more than the 88 points others suggest. 

• Like 1

Well here’s this. Myers might be placed in lower priority until things shake out:

David Pagnotta of The Fourth Period writes that the talk of a Tyler Myersextension with the Vancouver Canucks might be a bit premature as the two sides have just started talking about extending their deal. Pagnotta notes that both the Canucks and Myers have an interest in getting an extension done, but the talk surrounding a new contract is “noise” at this point. Myers is coming off his most productive season in Vancouver and reportedly lives in nearby Kelowna during the summer which is certainly part of his desire to stay in British Columbia.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2024/06/pacific-notes-oilers-gm-perry-myers-blueger.html#ref=home

4 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Well here’s this. Myers might be placed in lower priority until things shake out:

David Pagnotta of The Fourth Period writes that the talk of a Tyler Myersextension with the Vancouver Canucks might be a bit premature as the two sides have just started talking about extending their deal. Pagnotta notes that both the Canucks and Myers have an interest in getting an extension done, but the talk surrounding a new contract is “noise” at this point. Myers is coming off his most productive season in Vancouver and reportedly lives in nearby Kelowna during the summer which is certainly part of his desire to stay in British Columbia.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2024/06/pacific-notes-oilers-gm-perry-myers-blueger.html#ref=home

I don't see it. If he is willing to sign a multi year deal at 3m or say even if its closer to 4m per the team needs to nail that down. He is maybe further down the priority list than some other players but he won't sign a team friendly deal like is being suggested if he is being bumped or waiting. Smart business is to secure the deal if it is going to be near to what is being suggested.

6 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I don't see it. If he is willing to sign a multi year deal at 3m or say even if its closer to 4m per the team needs to nail that down. He is maybe further down the priority list than some other players but he won't sign a team friendly deal like is being suggested if he is being bumped or waiting. Smart business is to secure the deal if it is going to be near to what is being suggested.

Probably already agreed to something in principle provided things work out as mgmt expects them to 

Posted (edited)

I can’t get the stupid link to post but Friedman said to Dhali that the Canucks know what Myers’ next deal will look like.  

Not a surprise there. 

Edited by The Duke

3 minutes ago, The Duke said:

I can’t get the stupid link to post but Friedman said to Dhali that the Canucks know what Myers’ next deal will look like.  

Not a surprise there. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Thanks!  Not a surprise on the other two pieces of information, either, sadly. 

I'd be a bit surprised not to see one of Lindholm OR Zadorov back... not bringing back both would open up a LOT of cap space... not sure what the plan would be from there.

4 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I'd be a bit surprised not to see one of Lindholm OR Zadorov back... not bringing back both would open up a LOT of cap space... not sure what the plan would be from there.

Jake Guentzel 

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I’m a lot more hopeful on Zadorov than Lindholm.  

If the rub is term, I feel like that’s an easier trigger to pull.  That said, he’s also the piece with guys like Cole, Dillon and now Forbort that offers more options in UFA if you’re simply looking for a big physical veteran LD.  (I know we’d all take Zadorov over those options, the they’d all likely come in a lot cheaper.) 

Just now, canucks curse said:

Jake Guentzel 

Could be.  The rub for PA/JR might be that the price for Lindholm and Zadorov exceeds what they think they should be valued at.  If they feel Lindholm is gonna be more of a 60 point guy moving forward, but he's asking $7.5M, then that's poor allocation of cap.  If they feel Zadorov is more of a #5 guy, then $5M+ is also poor allocation of cap.  I trust this management team enough that they may make the hard decisions to make sure our cap is spent responsibly.

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, HKSR said:

depends what they actually want to do 

they have >25 million in cap with Poolman LTIR before you factor in dumping Milky

I imagine Milky + Podz gets you CHI 2nd 2024 (34 OA) + 5.75 in additional cap as we are in a win now mode and Podz looks like the guy all the scouts said - a lot of tools but poor IQ...

That would be about 31 million

Zads 5 x 6 yrs

Lindholm 8 x7 years

... so yes they can do it, the question is what do they think is best to make a winner!!

11 minutes ago, RWJC said:

For 8mill per though?

It's not gonna be $8M.  I've tried to reiterate this as much as I can, but in negotiations, NO party comes into it giving the number they hope to get to as the starting position.  That would be extremely foolish and amateur in terms of negotiations.  If his ASK is $8M, it'll be less than that, I would put down BIG money on that.

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

It's not gonna be $8M.  I've tried to reiterate this as much as I can, but in negotiations, NO party comes into it giving the number they hope to get to as the starting position.  That would be extremely foolish and amateur in terms of negotiations.  If his ASK is $8M, it'll be less than that, I would put down BIG money on that.

Their first offer was late winter/early spring..........don't you think that if this was Hroneks big ask and he was willing to come down, they would have been done already?  

They're a month from arbitration and they've had months to compromise

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Their first offer was late winter/early spring..........don't you think that if this was Hroneks big ask and he was willing to come down, they would have been done already?  

They're a month from arbitration and they've had months to compromise

Teams spend MONTHS with negotiations.  When the time comes, they'll sit down and work on it, but they've been in playoff mode since April.  They weren't exactly actively negotiating.  There was, and still is time.  They could hammer out a deal in a matter of days if they met everyday next week.