[Speculation] Myers close to being extended

A spin off to what my young daughter sings all day long from Frozen but in hockey terms for TM57... 

Let him go, let him go, dont let the door hit you on the way out, hear me cheer, no more Myers, let it be TRUE, the Canucks GM doesnt scare me anymore!!

I am shocked at Canuck fans wanting this guy back, I dont care what his salary is he can be replaced with someone better!

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, bh90 said:

if they're not close with Myers than they must really feel good about their other options, or they're close with Zadorov

bit scary knowing we can go into next season with half the team being new as we won't know what to expect but, at same time i'm confident in this group

There is already 11 regular roster forwards signed for next year from last season with three more signed who played games with the big club last year too. On defense there is 5 defensemen from last year's team and four whom have played with the big club as well under contract listed as Abby players. In goal will be Demko and most likely Silovs so its now just a matter of securing a forward upgrade on Joshua and perhaps Myers and maybe Dillon on defense, maybe Zadorov. Team will be pretty much the same as last season as it stands now.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

There is already 11 regular roster forwards signed for next year from last season with three more signed who played games with the big club last year too. On defense there is 5 defensemen from last year's team and four whom have played with the big club as well under contract listed as Abby players. In goal will be Demko and most likely Silovs so its now just a matter of securing a forward upgrade on Joshua and perhaps Myers and maybe Dillon on defense, maybe Zadorov. Team will be pretty much the same as last season as it stands now.

Yeah... looking at this roster and comparing to the roster that started last season, it's almost the same.  Missing would be Joshua, Myers, Cole, and Lafferty.  We acquired Zadorov mid-season, and Lindholm was obviously at the TDL.

• Cheers 2

They are not imminently signing Zads or Myers 

argumentsxsake we sign JG at 9

we just signed Bluegger at 1.8

cap = 16.75

- JG

= 7.75

-silovs= .850= 6.9- one top 4, one bottom 6

Roster done 

ex Matt Roy 5.5 

1.4 for 3rd pair D 

I think they want to add higher end pieces 

Hughes Hronek 

Soucy _____
_____ Juulsen 

JG Petey Hogz 

Suter Miller Brock 

Milky Bluegger Garland 

Podz Aman PDG 

Hughes Roy 

Soucy Hronek 

1.4 cap hit —-    Juulsen 

Edited by canucks curse

If Myers walks, any guesses as to where he goes? He’ll likely want to be relatively close to home so I imagine that’s any West Coast team or, heaven forbid, EDM or CGY. 
EDM is letting Stetcher and Desharnais walk, and CGY will have ample cap space.
Thoughts?

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

If Myers walks, any guesses as to where he goes? He’ll likely want to be relatively close to home so I imagine that’s any West Coast team or, heaven forbid, EDM or CGY. 
EDM is letting Stetcher and Desharnais walk, and CGY will have ample cap space.
Thoughts?

if he goes for money, I'd say short term anywhere competitive. if he goes simply because there's no room for him here, then calgary, edmonton or seattle if any of them are interested. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, tas said:

if he goes for money, I'd say short term anywhere competitive. if he goes simply because there's no room for him here, then calgary, edmonton or seattle if any of them are interested. 

How long is a flight to Utah from Kelowna?

6 minutes ago, RWJC said:

How long is a flight to Utah from Kelowna?

about 2.5 hours according to google.

doesn't seem like it would fit what I surmise his priorities to be, but I could be wrong. 

edit: nm I did slc to yvr because I didn't read your post closely enough. kelowna makes it 4.5 hours+.

Edited by tas
  • Cheers 1

Myers was a beneficiary of a very strong system, you can find another big dman to slide in beside soucey that will do a similar job at a fair price, zad on other hand brings more than just solid system play I’m not going to be one bit upset if we cut the chaos giraffe loose  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Aquaman said:

Hmm of course, Myers had his best season in Vancouver on his contract year.

yes, 

think back to last year

we could not give him away

even for lablanc from SJS who had a similar cap hit

put his nuts in a vice and low ball him with term

like 1.75 x 3 

I doubt he has much appetite to move his family over 3-4 total salary mill which he will take home about 45% of so in really money 1.25-1.75 mill when he has made like >60 mill in his career 

• Like 1

Nobody is talking about the lower mainland dude.....Brenden Dillon:

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/vancouver-canucks/players/why-signing-brenden-dillon-would-be-a-smart-move-for-the-canucks-2024

Hughes Hronek 

Zadorov Dillon

Soucy Myers

Juulsen 

Would require ~$6M/yr for both Myers and Dillon.  Holy crap would this D not be ridiculously good.  Dillon was in an interview with Don Taylor and mentioned that he would like to come home to play.  So who knows.

What would that do for our forward lines though?  No $9M/yr JG I'm guessing.

4 hours ago, canucks curse said:

Myers 2 or 3 yers from now could be horrendous 

there are better players out there.

Myers for 2 mill or less, ok deal 

horrendous....I don't think so.  Not sure how you can say that other than age, but there's plenty of examples of great defencemen of Myers' size that play well into their late 30s and some even in their 40s.  $3M/yr x 2 is probably about right though.....or $2.5M/yr x 3.

Edited by NHL97OneTimer

10 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Nobody is talking about the lower mainland dude.....Brenden Dillon:

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/vancouver-canucks/players/why-signing-brenden-dillon-would-be-a-smart-move-for-the-canucks-2024

Hughes Hronek 

Zadorov Dillon

Soucy Myers

Juulsen 

Would require ~$6M/yr for both Myers and Dillon.  Holy crap would this D not be ridiculously good.  Dillon was in an interview with Don Taylor and mentioned that he would like to come home to play.  So who knows.

What would that do for our forward lines though?  No $9M/yr JG I'm guessing.

Lots of people are talking about him as an alternative, if Zadorov doesn't sign. 

But he's a left D, not right, and we need another big physical left D behind Zadorov and Soucy, like a hole in the head.

And I'm theory, we can afford Zadorov, Guentzel and an actual RHD (Pesce, Tanev, Carrier , Marino etc) now after moving out Mik. No Myers though.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, aGENT said:

Sign other D?

lol. 

yes. haha. i meant, that which other defenseman (RHD) would they be able to sign that would be just as capable as Myers in that same role. 

1 hour ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Dillon was in an interview with Don Taylor and mentioned that he would like to come home to play.

eh, he's been saying this for a while. If I remember correctly, he said the same thing last summer as well lol. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

lol. 

yes. haha. i meant, that which other defenseman (RHD) would they be able to sign that would be just as capable as Myers in that same role. 

Same role? I'd prefer we sign a guy that could actually be a medium term fixture in our top 4 and an option with Hughes. Pesce, Tanev, Carrier, Roy, Miller, trade for Marino... I'd rather spend cap on literally any of those guys than Myers.