[discussion] extend or trade Boeser?

I love everything he accomplished last season.  He is a great person to boot.

He will be a UFA for his age 29 year.  A 6 year deal (which is probably on the shorter side) would take him to age 35.

Do the Canucks want to go into next year with him in his final year?  

What would a contract look like? Is it worth it in your opinion?

Guys like Toffoli have kept it going-can Boeser do the same?

I keep wondering what will happen w him.  It hasnt been talked about much which is a little surprising to me.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Definitely Rxtend BB6. 
Brock doesn’t rely on his skating. He’s a guy who uses his smarts. Those guys tend to age well. So 7 x 7 is what we will see for the Brockstar. 

Management was patient with him when he wasn't worth his deal, hopefully he has a sense of loyalty and goes for something like that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Extend. We need someone to play with Miller. Already enough of a headache to find another one to play with Pettey. Don't need to create another gaping hole.

That said, probably won't extend him until like four nations next year.

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Management was patient with him when he wasn't worth his deal, hopefully he has a sense of loyalty and goes for something like that.

IMHAO Brock, if given the opportunity to extend here will want to. He comes from a really good family and is clearly super loyal because of that. If offered 7 x 7 this summer I see him happily signing. The club had a great season of which he was a huge part of. Fifty million to stay a part of the Canuck family for seven years (8 really) would be something Brock finds attractive. Is 7 x 7 enough? Add the extra year? 

4 minutes ago, 24K said:

Extend. We need someone to play with Miller. Already enough of a headache to find another one to play with Pettey. Don't need to create another gaping hole.

That said, probably won't extend him until like four nations next year.

He needs nobody.  Miller is...

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO Brock, if given the opportunity to extend here will want to. He comes from a really good family and is clearly super loyal because of that. If offered 7 x 7 this summer I see him happily signing. The club had a great season of which he was a huge part of. Fifty million to stay a part of the Canuck family for seven years (8 really) would be something Brock finds attractive. Is 7 x 7 enough? Add the extra year? 

60 over 8 years gets it done, anymore and we have to make a tough decision. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

60 over 8 years gets it done, anymore and we have to make a tough decision. 

I hope PA snd JR think of Brock like we do. (I think they do; they are smart hockey people) The club needs Brock. The city loves Brock. 

7.25 x 8? 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

We do nothing with him until we know what's up with his clotting issues because that could be a LTIR issue

Our doctors know exactly what’s going on with Brock. If they believe it’s an easy fix with drugs then we will extend him this summer. 7 per x 7 years. He’s a Rick Middleton level player. We win game seven v the Soilers with Brock. 

• Like 1

Love Brock so I'll be fine either way. 

I think we have to trade though. He didn't exactly do us any favors on his last contract. I think you obviously talk to him and seewhere he's at. if he's looking for anything close to 8 you go shopping. 

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Love Brock so I'll be fine either way. 

I think we have to trade though. He didn't exactly do us any favors on his last contract. I think you obviously talk to him and seewhere he's at. if he's looking for anything close to 8 you go shopping. 

Didn’t Brock take 1 million less per year than his QO on his last contract? Seems like he actually did us a solid by taking a lot less than he could have. Benning (the Moran and our worse GM ever) put us in a bad spot with Brock. But Brock took a lot less and helped fix the Benning (the moran) mistake. Brock would for sure sing a team friendly deal to stay. 7 mil x 8 years gets it done. And Brock deserves s great long term deal too. 
Who of our fans doesn’t love Brock? 

I think we should sell high. Try to get someone faster… I think someone who got 25-30 would elevate to 40 on this team… and I think that Brock will be wanting 7.5or so. Not to mention Boeser is in his prime right now so this is the fastest he’ll ever be and he was painfully slow. 

I like him as a player, his character and his clutch scoring, but I think him being signed long term for high money will really hamper us in the long run. 

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1
  • Wiener 1

21 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

I think we should sell high. Try to get someone faster… I think someone who got 25-30 would elevate to 40 on this team… and I think that Brock will be wanting 7.5or so. Not to mention Boeser is in his prime right now so this is the fastest he’ll ever be and he was painfully slow. 

I like him as a player, his character and his clutch scoring, but I think him being signed long term for high money will really hamper us in the long run. 

it’s a fair take

25 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Didn’t Brock take 1 million less per year than his QO on his last contract? Seems like he actually did us a solid by taking a lot less than he could have. Benning (the Moran and our worse GM ever) put us in a bad spot with Brock. But Brock took a lot less and helped fix the Benning (the moran) mistake. Brock would for sure sing a team friendly deal to stay. 7 mil x 8 years gets it done. And Brock deserves s great long term deal too. 
Who of our fans doesn’t love Brock? 

He's slow now Alf. 8 years is a long time. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Definitely Rxtend BB6. 
Brock doesn’t rely on his skating. He’s a guy who uses his smarts. Those guys tend to age well. So 7 x 7 is what we will see for the Brockstar. 

For once the alient talks some sense! 

Brock is going to want to wait a year to re-sign anyhow.  He's finally showing the goal production that was hoped.  He's going to want to follow it up to show management that it wasn't a one of.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

He's slow now Alf. 8 years is a long time. 

Brock firdntvrrlybog his skating to be good. He’s smart (and heavy) and that’s what makes him elite. IMHAO Brock will be elite for many years.,

• Cheers 1

I would make him repeat this season again. Happy for him personally with the year he had but has to do it again for a long term contract. Even then he is slow so I do worry about that at 34/35. Love Brock and want him here but have to be careful. With our cap structure going forward he is going to have to take less to stay. I'd see if we can get him 6 x 6.85  

He didn't exactly play to his last contract except for this season.

• Cheers 1