Oilers Media Really Getting Dirty...

2 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Easily becoming the most hated in my books!

Admittedly, I was an Oilers fan for a few years as a young kid. I was living in Edmonton during the late 80s and early 90s. I met Craig Simpson in a Toronto airport, and sat with him in first class on a flight to Edmonton. 

...I now feel so icky, not just from this article, but this season or even a bit longer, for having any connection to that franchise.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1

Too funny. Loser team. Loser city. Loser fans. Loser media. Alf can’t imagine what it’s like to wake one wet morning knowing one is stuck in Feadmonton. Is suicide a fair option? Can’t blame s person for thinking about killings themselves when stuck in such shithole of a city. Seriously id there a more embarrassing city to live in? Yes the entire province is full of losers. But Duckmonton ;Loserville) is the worse spot. It’s like the pimple on a losers ass. A big yellow pusdy pimple. A McDavid! Yup. A big yellow pos. Just like McWhiner  pimple. Losers 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Their fans are worse then any in the league.I mean the leafs fans during the season were bad but no where close to the plus.

Their media has gone to far as well Bieksa was so right to call them out.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

While we were rebuilding, and oil started making the playoffs. I was kinda rooting for Mcdavid to get a cup.   But when Tkachuk and Gaudreau left flames, and an oilers player messaged Elliot Friedman to leak the story that all the oilers players were happy and celebrating that flames were gunna have to rebuild.  My attitude towards them started to change.  These playoffs, I started to hate their fan base and media too.  Other than a couple games a season, Ive never really watched oilers at all, besides a few games when they went to the final in the 2000s.

Edited by Iron Fist
  • Cheers 1

Shame we couldn't beat them when we had the chance, would have been so sweet. I used to have a lot of respect for McDavid but after all his whinging have lost that. I used to think the world of Draisaitl but again - same problem.

When you look at Crosby and Malkin, they just got it done year after year and never complained and became monsters in the playoffs. McDavid and Draisaitl are looking a bit like that now but without the class that the Penguins oozed.

Obviously their media is trash - look at how they attacked Nurse, but this is pretty unforgivable. Just no class in the organization right now.

• ThereItIs 1

Not just They've been rotten all along... their favouritism towards the Oilers, when they played Canucks was not short of disgusting... expected, but disgusting nevertheless...

They picked and chose every opportunity to down the Canucks, all jumping on the Canucks when McD got cross checked in the face, but silent as mice when Hughes twice got high sticked in the face by McD... Don't care if the refs didn't see it... millions of views did and so did the press and the NHL DOPS... 

After a terrible dive by Oilers was discussed, TSN showed a clip of a Canucks player going down after a cross check across the chest + another, where a player was looking towards the refs after an infringement, and said "they are ALL at it..." protecting their little diving swines from Edmonton...

I've never liked/disliked Dallas, found Benn and Sequin to pathetic, when they slagged off the twins (something Benn later apologised for), but damn am I hoping they knock the living shit out of Oilers...

And should they not be able to do so, I would love to see Tkachuk absolutely destroy either McD or Drai.... and then see the press reaction... fuck them and the bunch of diving losers...

• Like 1

Never liked the Oilers. Too many painful memories from the 1980's.

When they got McDavid. The endless Rogers commercials trying to force Oiler hype was sickening.

I'm not a fan of the Stars. But if it means Tanev wins a cup, I'm ok with that.

10 hours ago, mj vic said:

Bieksa said it best.  Raw Dead and Dumb is how he described the Oilers media

Oilers "media" he calls Oilers "meat"....because they're raw, dead and dumb. Perfect.

Who does this in the media? Celebrates a potential injury?

I hope they all fall down a flight of stairs. Take Draisaitl, Nurse and Kane out with them.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

Enjoying the irony of some of you calling Edmonton out for celebrating the Tanev injury... then in the next sentence wishing injury on McD and Drai.

Stay classy 😆

Difference is that Tanev is actually a respectable player unlike those gutless pieces of trash.  Both of those dirtbags have it coming.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Bounce000 said:

Whenever an Oilers fan attempts to antagonize you. Just remember, they live in Edmonton, we live in BC. We already win.

most of them can't even spell BC. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

Enjoying the irony of some of you calling Edmonton out for celebrating the Tanev injury... then in the next sentence wishing injury on McD and Drai.

Stay classy 😆

that's less irony and more cause and effect. 

4 hours ago, -dlc- said:

Oilers "media" he calls Oilers "meat"....because they're raw, dead and dumb. Perfect.

Who does this in the media? Celebrates a potential injury?

I hope they all fall down a flight of stairs. Take Draisaitl, Nurse and Kane out with them.

the thing that's getting lost is that juice was saying he refers to media as meat, not specifically edmonton media. everybody is misinterpreting the dig.