[Speculation] Latest On Dakota Joshua

5 minutes ago, fuzzy said:

We do have Wolanin, McWard, Woo, Brisbois, D-Petey in Abbotsford as depth.

You can never have enough of these cheap fillers.  A guy like Woo finally showed some signs of development under JR/Alvin.  I *think* Woo was even used as a forward at times under the previous regime on our farm (no wonder he wasn't getting better as a defenseman prospect). 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Im certain they talk to agents behind closed doors though. 

How else do teams have deals already signed July 1st?

Maybe all the agents put their clients potential deals in something like draft simulator. Whichever team they land on, is the team they sign with 😉

20 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Can have a bunch of 'pencil neck geeks' (to quote Bobby Heenan 🤣) in the bottom six if Petey can return to the 100+ point forward he was in the post-season.

Even then, we still need a good bottom six if we wanna get to where we want to go, and Garland and Suter being the only proven/reliable options in it is not the way. 

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Okay, I think Sprong would be a terrific add. He can ABSOLUTELY rip the puck.

Get Sprung for Sprong?

image.gif.04f4660f23be56d60c76fcf024822e7c.gif

Edited by RWJC
  • Haha 2

He scored at a 20-25G pace but didn't quite hit it because of injuries. Most 25G scorers are on 3-4M who play middle 6 minutes. However those contracts were mostly a couple of years ago.

3.5M is fair, 3M would be ideal because he didn't actually hit 20g.

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

He scored at a 20-25G pace but didn't quite hit it because of injuries. Most 25G scorers are on 3-4M who play middle 6 minutes. However those contracts were mostly a couple of years ago.

3.5M is fair, 3M would be ideal because he didn't actually hit 20g.

Body of work matters and DJ is 28 and has one good year.  

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3x3 would be fair and work for the Canucks but I would bet other teams would offer that (if not more).  

He could play closer to home and not have to travel as much. 

Lets see if he wants to stay a Canuck

Canucks are in no financial position to be handing out top dollar to its UFA players, especially bottom 6 players.

I would go as high as $3 x 3, and if Joshua doesn't accept, then he walks. I guess it depends on if he really enjoys playing with his buddy Garland in Vancouver. He should, because if it wasn't for Garland, Joshua wouldn't of had 18 goals last season, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Outside of Garland we aren't going anywhere with that bottom six. 

We going to the AHL with that bottom six.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, NHLer said:

We going to the AHL with that bottom six.

I agree. Going to have to offer roles for a position or two. Although it’s risky it’s time to see whom can step up moving forward. It’s also important for the franchise to ensure that a portion of their 50 contract limit isn’t being used up on too much middling farm depth. Some turnover is always expected and with Malhotra coming in to coach, I imagine we could see some fresh faces in Abby 

Edited by RWJC

He is the biggest risk for someone overpaying and as a guy who doesn’t have huge career earnings I don’t blame him for chasing the most dollars possible even if it isn’t here.

I have said repeatedly, find the next Joshua… don’t overpay for a bottom six guy based off a career year.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Goose said:

3x3 would be fair and work for the Canucks but I would bet other teams would offer that (if not more).  

He could play closer to home and not have to travel as much. 

Lets see if he wants to stay a Canuck

Still overpaid and every extra $ counts

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, stawns said:

Body of work matters and DJ is 28 and has one good year.  

and only after a lot of time invested in him by the current coaching staff. He's likely out of the league if not for Tocc et al. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)

Hronek, Podkolzin, Silovs + rights to Joshua for Marner, Liljegren and rights to Bertuzzi.

Hook Marner up to a a steady IV diet of HGH, while strapped into a recliner with an ultra violence video feed Clockwork Orange style over the summer and we are made in the shade.

EP’s new best bud.

Edited by RWJC
  • Haha 1

Will be a struggle not to overpay guys this summer, not a lot of talent available this year I mean who's out there we could replace Lindholm with? Sean Monahan? Chandler Stephenson? Alexander Wennberg? All left shot centers, the only right shots are Lindholm, Jack Roslovich,  Travis Boyd or Sam Carrick?

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

imo, we should sign myers 3 mil, demelo and dillon. blueger, a winger for petey and speedy complimentary players.

Agreed. We need a winger for Petey too. If we can get Gentzel then add him too. If not then save the cap room to trade for a winger (like how we got Zadorov) when one comes available. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Joshua was looking to get scratched from the lineup in the preseason.  Tocchet saved his career.  If he leaves he might end up like Anson Carter...

At least some other team will be over paying him then. Hopefully the leafs they like paying to much for a hope and a prayer

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If we are set on getting a true top 6 winger for Petey then every penny counts.  I think it's more important to improve our top 6 than to keep our 3rd liners...

Not if it's shelling out 9m for Guentzel. I'd rather keep our 3rd liners if that's the case. Our 3rd line was one of the best lines in hockey this year and a big reason for our success.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Bob Long said:

4 mil is just too much. 

Anything over 3 mil is too much. He has only had 3/4 of one season where he has played really well. 

I really like Daks, but he isn't a rare type player, no reason to get overly excited. He can be replaced if the cost is too high

Edited by JayDangles
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

21 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Not if it's shelling out 9m for Guentzel. I'd rather keep our 3rd liners if that's the case. Our 3rd line was one of the best lines in hockey this year and a big reason for our success.

We failed in the playoffs because of the top 6 and because Petey was playing with AHL players.  That won't happen again.  Allvin said the top 6 is a priority and he also said he will find the next Dakota Joshua...

• Cheers 1