[Speculation] Latest On Dakota Joshua

21 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Maybe but people said that about Myers too. 

Myers's strength has always been his skating and great skaters age well for the most part.  And though Zad isn't a bad skater, it's not his strength either.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Myers's strength has always been his skating and great skaters age well for the most part.  And though Zad isn't a bad skater, it's not his strength either.

Zad is actually a better skater than Meyers. He has much quicker feet and stronger ankles. As a result he can change directions quicker. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Gurn said:

wonder what the league rules say about the fans starting a go fund me page?

Just to top up the offers the club is able to do.

Want to keep Zads- how about the club offers $4.5 mill, and the fan 'booster' club puts up $750,000.?

or, in order to make a point about the differing taxes in different places--- the booster club covers part of the tax burden?

That would be hilarious.  Bunch of ppl working minimum wage jobs raising money to give to a millionaire pro sports athlete..

• ThereItIs 3

My opinion on Joshua is similar to Zadorov, except I think he’s a little higher risk to build or even maintain last season… yet also more likely to be thrown a bigger contract elsewhere.  I could see a weaker team going 4x2 or something as a “show me” in their top 6.

The dark horse with Joshua is if we sign him before he hits UFA.  A 2.75 x 3 or something and for some reason he just takes it. 

Rumours had him as a pretty high priority early on but I haven’t heard anything lately.  The more I think, the more I doubt he’s back. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, stawns said:

Only if you've moved on from Hronek I think.  We also have to remember, and hopefully PA does, that Zad had a pretty average year and that all this hype is coming from a 13 game stretch........he might never, likely never, play consistently at the level again in his career.

All we've been hearing for the last 3-4 years is complaining about how they overpaid and over-termed for Myers and now those same people are asking the same for Zad.  And Myers had a far better resume leading up to that contract.

He "might". Those statements are projective and gloom and doom. He might play at an even HIGHER level.

And it depends on what you look at on the resumes. We NEED physicality and push back...that much we know. Myers gives us that in the playoffs but there wasn't much of a deterrent with him in that role through the season. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Where do clubs get their revenues from? 

I didn't realize it was from donations..

How much did you donate to Pettersson season. ??

Just now, Alflives said:

Semantics. No fans = no pro league. 

Ya like no people no grocery stores or no customers no McDonald's.  

People buy entertainment they don't donate . Just like they buy food and pay rent or go to movies. 

Some ppl go to movies others to sports events. They buy the entertainment they prefer. 

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

Ya like no people no grocery stores or no customers no McDonald's.  

People buy entertainment they don't donate . Just like they buy food and pay rent or go to movies. 

Some ppl go to movies others to sports events. They buy the entertainment they prefer. 

Go forth and don’t donate. Your choice. 

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

That would be hilarious.  Bunch of ppl working minimum wage jobs raising money to give to a millionaire pro sports athlete..

Happens down south with the orange felon so why not here 

Edited by RWJC
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I can tell you Deb donated .001% last year

Bullshit, lots of sweat equity donated!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bob Long said:

And we desperately needed to add speed.

My concern is we've maybe seen peak Joshua and at something like 4 mil it won't be worth it.

oh joshua is definitely not worth 4mil.. but i'm just saying he and his agent will point at the mikheyev contract given out by jr/pa and tell them to kick rock at 3mil

• Like 1

On 6/1/2024 at 3:22 AM, wai_lai416 said:

i think joshua is good as gone.. i see him wanting mid terms 4-5 years at 3.5-4mil.. if mikheyev can get 4.75 for 4 years out of PA/JR.. someone prolly will offer joshua what he wants.. literally had same season as mikheyev prior to his 4.75mil.. and the cap gone up since.. and they literally do the same thing.. good on the forecheck good on the pk.. just not as fast but 10x tougher

Yeah, unfortunately, I think he's gone as well. 

On 6/2/2024 at 8:14 PM, wai_lai416 said:

oh joshua is definitely not worth 4mil.. but i'm just saying he and his agent will point at the mikheyev contract given out by jr/pa and tell them to kick rock at 3mil

Yeah, but then look at Mikheyev. That has now become a bad contract. Would suck to lose Joshua, but one player does not make the team, especially a middle six player. Need to trust that Allvin and the pro scouting staff can find another Dakota. Waiting for signings to come, it's eerily quiet out there. 

On 6/2/2024 at 5:32 PM, The Duke said:

Rumours had him as a pretty high priority early on but I haven’t heard anything lately.  The more I think, the more I doubt he’s back. 

Yeah, the fact that it's really quiet on any contractual talks is, well, concerning. If I were a betting man, I'd say Joshua is as good as gone come July 1. 

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah, but then look at Mikheyev. That has now become a bad contract. Would suck to lose Joshua, but one player does not make the team, especially a middle six player. Need to trust that Allvin and the pro scouting staff can find another Dakota. Waiting for signings to come, it's eerily quiet out there. 

i dunno i would argue joshua actually does make the team.. reason being he made the 3rd line relevant and garland not looking as bad of a contract at 5mil. you need to think of it as if the replacement PA brings in doesn't gel with the 3rd line.. nor work with garland.. not only would we wasted money on the replacement.. on top garland becomes a bad contract again. so instead of say joshua signs at 3.5-4.. and having 8.5-9mil worth of player effective in their role.. we might end up with say his replacement a 2mil 2.5mil guy.. but end up not working.. we might have 7.5mil worth of dead weight. garland was very ineffective until that line was put together.. and once joshua went down that line was pretty ineffective again.

4 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I’m not defending the Mikheyev contract as I do think he was overpaid for what he had accomplished so far in Toronto but in his defense, he was pacing around 55 points his first Canucks season and did look good until he got hurt. I don’t really think he ever fully recovered this year. I still don’t think with another healthy year he will get near the value of his contract, but I think had he never gotten hurt, we probably wouldn’t be discussing that as a bad contract. Maybe more of a little overpaid for what he brings. If we can trade him with some retention I bet someone would be willing to give him a look as long as he’s at full health. 

6 minutes ago, CanucksFan26 said:

I’m not defending the Mikheyev contract as I do think he was overpaid for what he had accomplished so far in Toronto but in his defense, he was pacing around 55 points his first Canucks season and did look good until he got hurt. I don’t really think he ever fully recovered this year. I still don’t think with another healthy year he will get near the value of his contract, but I think had he never gotten hurt, we probably wouldn’t be discussing that as a bad contract. Maybe more of a little overpaid for what he brings. If we can trade him with some retention I bet someone would be willing to give him a look as long as he’s at full health. 

People forget that for a while the Mik-Pettey-Kuz line was really good. Then Mik blew out his knee and Kuz got a coach that expected some physical play and defence so it all fell apart. 
‘That kind of major knee surgery often takes a full season before it is back. Hopefully his speed will be back more next year. His hands have always been made of stone. 

2 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

People forget that for a while the Mik-Pettey-Kuz line was really good. Then Mik blew out his knee and Kuz got a coach that expected some physical play and defence so it all fell apart. 
‘That kind of major knee surgery often takes a full season before it is back. Hopefully his speed will be back more next year. His hands have always been made of stone. 

If he can get his speed back he can be a solid bottom 6 player. I would rather keep him and trade Garland 

• Like 1