[Speculation] Latest On Dakota Joshua

2 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

That can be true, but when talking about a line fronted by Petey, who might as well be Bambi, there is a huge need for a big guy. 
Petey gets pushed around and so does Garland and Hogs.  
A big mean SOB with finishing hands would go great with Hogs and. Pete

You’re talking like a Jamie Benn player. Those players aren’t available very often, and when they are they get overpaid big time.

Petey doesn’t need a bodyguard, he needs someone that can match his elite skills and dominate through puck possession like the Sedins did.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, stawns said:

They tried DJ with Petey and it didn't work.  Hogz and Garland definitely do not get pushed around 

Yes they absolutely do.  
They try to push back, but 6’3 220 doesn’t give a shit about the fire in the belly of 5’8 175.   

And DJ isn’t a top line player.  
No kidding it didn’t work.  He is a 3rd liner who had one hot season at 28.   
What a silly comment.  Hahahah

Just now, D.B Cooper said:

Yes they absolutely do.  
They try to push back, but 6’3 220 doesn’t give a shit about the fire in the belly of 5’8 175.   

And DJ isn’t a top line player.  
No kidding it didn’t work.  He is a 3rd liner who had one hot season at 28.   
What a silly comment.  Hahahah

No, they absolutely do not 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You’re talking like a Jamie Benn player. Those players aren’t available very often, and when they are they get overpaid big time.

Tons of big skilled players out there.  
Also, what would be wrong with going out and getting our 11.6 million dollar center an actual winger to match and boost him?

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Petey doesn’t need a bodyguard, he needs someone that can match his elite skills and dominate through puck possession like the Sedins did.

I didn’t say a bodyguard.  
A power forward would be wonderful.  
The Sedin’s had 2 of them.  
There is only 1 Petey and he need two linemates. 
IMO, he needs a big body to stop the line from getting pushed around, which we have seen happen 

Edited by D.B Cooper
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

The Sedins also cycled through a few different wingers before they found Burrows and they went to the next level. Burrows was just a depth player at that point. 

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

No, they absolutely do not 

K.  
You also think OEL is great and the trade was awesome.  
You clearly have a Garland bias as well.  
I just don’t agree with any of your hockey opinions it seems.  Hahaha

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sure, he’s smart too. But he’s not going to drive D back through the neutral zone. He’s not going to create space for Petey. He’s IMHAO not a fit for us. I believe JR and PA think the same and will move him to clear all his cap. 

No we will move Mik it may take time to find a dance partner but they managed to move Dickinson, Beauvillier, Kuzzi, Hammonic.  Why not Mik?

Garland is a heart n soul guy. He's alwys the last to leave the ice holding the gate giving fist bumps. The first to congratulate the goalie. Practicing with the intensity it takes to be a winner sometimes fighting team mates. 

He's a guy who raises opponents blood pressure. We need more of that from everyone. Garland is the best thing along with Miller Huggy for team culture. Fight in the dog n all that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Tons of big skilled players out there.  
Also, what would be wrong with going out and getting out 11.6 million dollar center and actual winger to match and boost him?

I didn’t say a bodyguard.  
A power forward would be wonderful.  
The Sedin’s had 2 of them.  
There is only 1 Petey and he need two linemates. 
IMO, he needs a big body to stop the line from getting pushed around, which we have seen happen 

There’s really not as many as you think. Name one that plays mean and is an upcoming UFA.

Absolutely we need to get better wingers to play with Petey but if the criteria is they need to be big, skilled, and mean you’re gonna be looking for awhile.

I’ll take a guy that can hold onto the puck and make plays so they don’t have to worry about battling in corners every shift. That will go a lot further in helping Petey unlock his skills.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

K.  
You also think OEL is great and the trade was awesome.  
You clearly have a Garland bias as well.  
I just don’t agree with any of your hockey opinions it seems.  Hahaha

Ah, personal insults.  Always the Hallmark of true intelligence.

• Huggy Bear 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

There’s really not as many as you think. Name one that plays mean and is an upcoming UFA.

There aren’t many big skilled guys in the league?    Why does it have to be a UFA?    We do have Hronek we can be dangling.  

Just now, DeNiro said:

Absolutely we need to get better wingers to play with Petey but if the criteria is they need to be big, skilled, and mean you’re gonna be looking for awhile.

Again, what makes you think that?  
Do you think the majority of the league is Garland size?     
I feel like you are purposely being obtuse to make a point 

Just now, DeNiro said:

I’ll take a guy that can hold onto the puck and make plays so they don’t have to worry about battling in corners every shift. That will go a lot further in helping Petey unlock his skills.

Again, 3 people per line.  

Just now, D.B Cooper said:

There aren’t many big skilled guys in the league?    Why does it have to be a UFA?    We do have Hronek we can be dangling.  

Again, what makes you think that?  
Do you think the majority of the league is Garland size?     
I feel like you are purposely being obtuse to make a point 

Again, 3 people per line.  

Okay can you name one that might be available?

Again players that have those three attributes aren’t available that often. And do we have the assets to acquire them? Probably not.

I have Dakota penciled in at 4x4.

I think they should try very hard to persuade  3.25m x 3. Frankly before he arrived here and was paired with Garland he was well on his way to PDG, Lafferty land.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I think they should try very hard to persuade  3.25m x 3. Frankly before he arrived here and was paired with Garland he was well on his way to PDG, Lafferty land.

He would be crazy not to take 3.25x3.

We’ve seen guys try and parlay one good season into a big payday before only to realize teams have the same hesitations the Canucks do. 

I don’t think teams will be lining up to offer him 4x4 like the media is speculating. I think it’s another case of media overvaluing players, not unlike Tyler Motte.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

33 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Okay can you name one that might be available?

Again players that have those three attributes aren’t available that often. And do we have the assets to acquire them? Probably not.

Brady Tkachuk 

Lawson Crouse

Josh Anderson

Blake Wheeler

Alex Tuch

I don’t want to spend my Saturday thinking about this, but here are a few power forwards of varying levels that could be made available, that I feel we could at least have a chance at. 

I don’t know what your problem seems to be with having a large player on a sissy’s wing 

35 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

There are zero personal insults in that post. 
Go back to bed

Stawns will either cry personal insults whenever he has no other point to make while calling people chuds in other threads. Best to just ignore him. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Pears said:

Stawns will either cry personal insults whenever he has no other point to make while calling people chuds in other threads. Best to just ignore him. 

I have noticed that for sure. 

Probably thinks milk is spicy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

He would be crazy not to take that.

We’ve seen guys try a parlay one good season into a big payday before only to realize teams have the same hesitations the Canucks do. 

I don’t think teams will be lining up to offer him 4x4 like the media is speculating. I think it’s another case of media overvaluing players, not unlike Tyler Motte.

Honestly though if we wanted to acquire a guy who is giving us what Dakota is right now. There isn't another in UFA class, and the assets it would cost to shop for one you would have to factor into that cap hit. 

Marchment is pulling 4.5m in Dallas. (Late Bloomer)

12 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Brady Tkachuk 

Lawson Crouse

Josh Anderson

Blake Wheeler

Alex Tuch

I don’t want to spend my Saturday thinking about this, but here are a few power forwards of varying levels that could be made available, that I feel we could at least have a chance at. 

I don’t know what your problem seems to be with having a large player on a sissy’s wing 

Tom Wilson?

5 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Brady Tkachuk 

Lawson Crouse

Josh Anderson

Blake Wheeler

Alex Tuch

The bolded guys would be a dream addition (depending if Crouse wants out of the Utah situation, maybe we could leverage Hronek's RFA contract to trade for him?  Or Mikheyev + sweetener; I doubt Brady and Tuch move as the respective captains of their teams, and it'd take a massive haul; Anderson's no good, and Wheeler's probably going to retire).  

If we could get Crouse for Hronek (sign and trade?) OR Mikheyev + sweetener I think we'd be in a pretty good position up front, with some skilled size on each line:

Suter - Miller - Boeser
Crouse - Petey - Hoglander (Crouse skates pretty well and can finish, he'll probably be a great partner for the smaller Swedes)
Podkolzin - _______ - Garland (these wings have had chemistry)
PDG - Aman - ____________

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Brady Tkachuk 

Lawson Crouse

Josh Anderson

Blake Wheeler

Alex Tuch

I don’t have a problem with it.

The problem is there’s only two players I’d want there (Tkachuk, Crouse) and they’d cost a fortune if you could even acquire them. Tuch also isn’t likely available.

Andersson and Wheeler aren’t good enough to play with Pettersson and don’t bring the toughness you’d want.

Edited by DeNiro

50 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Love Joshua but that’s rich! I’d rather try and find the next Joshua. How much of Joshua’s success could be from getting to play with Conor Garland setting him up for grade A scoring chances. I get that some guys even being setup don’t finish those chances especially 3rd and 4th line guys but unless it’s 3 mill or lower on a longer term deal I’m not interested in an extension. I’d offer 3x3 or 2.75 x4

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Sorry fellow Canuck fan but Garland is not fast. 

He's extremely agile (like Huggy) and is fast at maneuvering. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2