[Speculation] Latest On Dakota Joshua

34 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Tom Wilson?

Too pricey and is now in his 30s. 
Perhaps if we could have picked him up a couple seasons ago. Plus WSH won’t disassemble until Ovy gives the ok and don’t think that’s happening just yet given recent performance 

2 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Brady Tkachuk 

Lawson Crouse

Josh Anderson

Blake Wheeler

Alex Tuch

I don’t want to spend my Saturday thinking about this, but here are a few power forwards of varying levels that could be made available, that I feel we could at least have a chance at. 

I don’t know what your problem seems to be with having a large player on a sissy’s wing 

Tuch is definitely not available, Tkachuk and Crouse will be expensive to add Anderson is mediocre at best at that cap hit Wheeler I wouldn’t touch with term. 

2 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Brady Tkachuk 

Lawson Crouse

Josh Anderson

Blake Wheeler

Alex Tuch

I don’t want to spend my Saturday thinking about this, but here are a few power forwards of varying levels that could be made available, that I feel we could at least have a chance at. 

I don’t know what your problem seems to be with having a large player on a sissy’s wing 

Where's Greenway?

2 hours ago, Hammertime said:

I have Dakota penciled in at 4x4.

I think they should try very hard to persuade  3.25m x 3. Frankly before he arrived here and was paired with Garland he was well on his way to PDG, Lafferty land.

3.25 is generous. No way he should be getting 4 mil. 

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

He would be crazy not to take 3.25x3.

We’ve seen guys try and parlay one good season into a big payday before only to realize teams have the same hesitations the Canucks do. 

I don’t think teams will be lining up to offer him 4x4 like the media is speculating. I think it’s another case of media overvaluing players, not unlike Tyler Motte.

This exactly. And if someone is willing to give him 4x4 good for him… wish him the best. 

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yes he is. But is how he plays a good fit with Petey? 

It doesn't have to be. Having a 3rd line that drives play is also good for Pete. There is a huge benefit to Pete getting on the ice with puck possession. 

I think you solve the winger for Pete issue in other ways possibly a Hronek swap and a Mikkey dumperoo. 

As for Garlands slow ness. 

image.thumb.png.d5884930d899c53b00f0fd66780adaa5.png

looks like he's in the top 15% of the playoffs in this regard. 

Edited by Hammertime
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

It doesn't have to be. Having a 3rd line that drives play is also good for Pete. There is a huge benefit to Pete getting on the ice with puck possession. 

I think you solve the winger for Pete issue in other ways possibly a Hronek swap and a Mikkey dumperoo. 

As for Garlands slow ness. 

image.thumb.png.d5884930d899c53b00f0fd66780adaa5.png

looks like he's in the top 85% of the league in this regard. 

Like all us Canuck fans old drunken Alf just wants us to win the Cup. If that’s with Garland, then great. 

So Alf logic is we should trade Garland because he is small and doesn’t PK and we shouldn’t pay Joshua who gives us size and is one of our best PKers and matchup forwards. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Looks like Tampa is open to trading Tanner Jeannot. Alvin should look at trading for him and slot him in with Pettersson and Garland. 

I would be all for this. Jeannot was force with Sissons Trenin. 

Though I really think Josh Anderson is the best buy low candidate. Hes a top10 fastest player in the league has size plays hard nosed draws a ton of penalties. I would happily swap him for Mik

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

Where's Greenway?

There are a shit ton more players to go on this list.  
He wanted a few names.  
I gave a few. 
There are more I’m sure better and more realistic too.  

• Cheers 2

My apologies if it's been mentioned before, but what about UFA Chandler Stephenson as the #3C?

Big Canadian Stanley Cup champion C, who would be a heck of a lot cheaper than Lindholm. 

That's if he'd even be willing to leave Vegas, but can they afford him? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Worked for Edmonton. But in all seriousness, bringing back Joshua and adding a top 6 forward shouldn't eat all our cap. I'd hope.

Hope you are right in that scenario, as getting a big mobile D has been a revelation, a long over due one...

would hate to go back to a D similar to we've had the last 10 Years...

• Cheers 3

23 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We failed in the playoffs because of the top 6 and because Petey was playing with AHL players.  That won't happen again.  Allvin said the top 6 is a priority and he also said he will find the next Dakota Joshua...

Well to be fair, Petey was playing like he was in the AHL also....

6 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Well to be fair, Petey was playing like he was in the AHL also....

Yep don’t think it mattered who he was with when he was playing at that level.

Glad we didn’t spend more assets to acquire another top 6 as I think it would have been wasted.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Looks like Tampa is open to trading Tanner Jeannot. Alvin should look at trading for him and slot him in with Pettersson and Garland. 

They traded an entire draft class for him.  Would they consider Di Giuseppe, Aman and a 5th?

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

They traded an entire draft class for him.  Would they consider Di Giuseppe, Aman and a 5th?

Think they might just cut their losses with Jeannot because Stamkos must be extended 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Might be a better investment than paying Joshua close to 4, especially if they think there could be a regression.

If he can get back to around 30 points and bring some legit grit to the third line that’s good value at 2.6 mil.

That being said I hope Joshua comes in at around that cost on a short deal.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

So Alf logic is we should trade Garland because he is small and doesn’t PK and we shouldn’t pay Joshua who gives us size and is one of our best PKers and matchup forwards. 

Alf math is 

Alec Baldwin Drink GIF

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

How will they extend Stamkos when they only have $5 million in cap space and still have 4-5 players to sign?

Because he’s apparently willing to take a steep discount to keep that team in the running. Right now they are simply looking at fat to trim to get into range and Jeannot is prime candidate that way. Stamkos not going anywhere. Just what I’ve read anyway 

I’d imagine given their circumstance they might become a little easier to negotiate with. Will take a big loss on Jeannot but it doesn’t matter given their overall standing. 

trading out Cirelli (1st year of 8 year deal! And no MNTC) and Jeannot will get them in the ballpark. 

https://thehockeynews.com/news/room-for-stamkos-what-the-tampa-bay-lightning-acquiring-mcdonagh-means-for-their-cap-space

Edited by RWJC

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

Because he’s apparently willing to take a steep discount to keep that team in the running. Right now they are simply looking at fat to trim to get into range and Jeannot is prime candidate that way. Stamkos not going anywhere. Just what I’ve read anyway 

If they wanted to trim the fat, then why did they trade for a dman making almost $7 million with no cap retention?  That makes no sense.  Stamkos can easily get $8 million on the open market from Boston or other teams.  I highly doubt he's going to take a massive pay cut to keep playing in Tampa.

Also, if you look at their roster, there really isn't much fat they can trim unless they want to trade a high priced forward which would defeat the purpose of keeping the team together.  Trading Jeannot for picks and prospects isn't really gonna help their cap situation...

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If they wanted to trim the fat, then why did they trade for a dman making almost $7 million with no cap retention?  That makes no sense.  Stamkos can easily get $8 million on the open market from Boston or other teams.  I highly doubt he's going to take a massive pay cut to keep playing in Tampa.

Also, if you look at their roster, there really isn't much fat they can trim unless they want to trade a high priced forward which would defeat the purpose of keeping the team together.  Trading Jeannot for picks and prospects isn't really gonna help their cap situation...

You’re absolutely right, it doesnt make sense. Let’s wait and see though.
My money is on them figuring something out. Stamkos is in the same vein as Crosby…going nowhere.

Someone there is LTIR bound between Sergachev and McDonough, or possibly both. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 1