[Discussion]Too much hype around Necas

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And he won’t be. Benning (the moran) is no longer here. 

He would trade Lekkeramaki in order to dump Mikheyev and Garland.

So glad those days are over!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Who was the guy Benning (the moran) traded Forsling for? 

Clendenning. 

This is one where you have to give some credit/blame to other teams too, CHI and CAR both passed on him too. He's an interesting case study in a late bloomer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, The Duke said:

I’d still love to land Necas and while he’s due a big raise, locking him up at 7 could be a steal long term. Besides Hronek, I’m not sure what we offer that other teams can’t easily beat, though.  And yeah, even that just opens up a Pesce sized hole on the top pair.

Sticking with the Canes, I wonder if Teravainen would be willing to come play on Petey’s wing for 6.5 x5 or something like that.

Or maybe go with Kane instead of the Canes for scoring pop.

Id still love Chandler Stephenson.  Then there’s old man Toffoli.

Might be easier to go UFA route if any of those guys are open to it. 

Sign Stephenson and trade for a winger who has potential to work well with Pettersson in the 4-5 million range. For example, Crouse.

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser

Pettersson - Stephenson - Crouse

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

40 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

He would trade Lekkeramaki in order to dump Mikheyev and Garland.

So glad those days are over!

and then trade Hronek to Fla for OEL and resign OEL for 4.5 for 3 more years 😮‍💨

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Clendenning. 

This is one where you have to give some credit/blame to other teams too, CHI and CAR both passed on him too. He's an interesting case study in a late bloomer. 

We also didn’t have a strong organization at the time from development staff to our farm team.

Theres a strong chance he wouldn’t have reached the level he’s at now had he stayed here.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

Sign Stephenson and trade for a winger who has potential to work well with Pettersson in the 4-5 million range. For example, Crouse.

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser

Pettersson - Stephenson - Crouse

Crouse would be fantastic.

This is part of the fun around this offseason… we don’t have a ton of cap space, yet we have decent cap flexibility. IE there’s a lot of options about how to approach the offseason. Could go any which way. 

(and it’s fun until they do something dumb at least)

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Canes absolutely want Hronek. He’d be their number one right shot D. And he’s only 26. 

If he's good enough for the contending Hurricanes then maybe...he's good enough for us and we should just...keep him?

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

If he's good enough for the contending Hurricanes then maybe...he's good enough for us and we should just...keep him?

Not if he doesn't wants over 7.5 mill as that would handcuff the team moving forward.

There will be other teams interested in Hronek and we might just get a great return.

Plus we still to fill a team with NHL players.Maybe two or three make it from Abby but the rest will need to be decent players if we wish to do well next playoffs.

10 hours ago, canucks curse said:

That makes a lot of sense 

Kind of their M O toffoli is a little old for them though so maybe a younger FA but they’ll need to replace two top 6 guys 

11 hours ago, Bob Long said:

For me there's no way we should be adding anything to Hronek. 

I agree. It’s a very Canuck thing to have a premium RHD where you have to add to get a less than ppg winger lol

i think the biggest issue is they are valuing him as a RHC but they deployed him as a winger. And Necas is a C that hasn’t been happy he’s not been playing C or uo the line up.

so I don’t see how playing him with petey makes him happy either.

im starting to think this trade is a none starter and it’s just remaining smoke from the potential petey trade where Necas was a piece of it 

I hate to break it to people but we have 26 million in cap to spend on 8 players. That’s about 3.2 each. 

So out of Zadorov, Hronek, Lindholm, we can maybe sign one. And if we trade Hronek’s rights, we won’t be bringing in a player that will take up an additional 6-7 million cap coming back. 

I think a trade for Hronek to Carolina won’t result in Necas, but more like a Jarvis or Drury. 

Guess the price difference s to high.

If someone gives him a contract we would get more back then trying to trade for Necas.The picks we get would pretty much be what they are asking for.

Better to try another team or let someone sign him for picks.

Use the picks to upgrade a spot or two.