[Discussion]Too much hype around Necas

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Myers you have ltir to cover. Cole you let go 

So the dcorp look like and how's the cap allocated?  And what does the lineup look like then?

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

He traded away Kuz and AB during the season, which is what I said was a legit path this upcoming season 

I'm sorry, but touting those players as comparable to what has to be done in the next few weeks isnt really the same thing.  However, it does show that spreading ttye $ around as efficiently as possible is a good move, not giving it to a couple of players.

Unless you've got a McD or Drai type, depth wins Cups.

My point is he is capable of taking a team that appears to be in a tight financial position and still capitalizing on it, so much so they became DIV champs because of those moves.

It is the same thing. Same process of decision in terms of how to allocate money to whom from where and when. If you think we aren’t in the hunt for a big ticket W now you’re dismissing that we were in play for all of the big ticket UFAs at deadline. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, stawns said:

I don't think so.......focus on the getting dcorp reinforced, let Hogz, Petey and Garland have a year together and see how it goes.  If it doesn't work, exchange Garland and Boeser or make a mid year hockey trade and sort out the top 6 next season

They simply don't have the cap to solve their top 6 problem externally and keep the dcorp somewhat intact.  

follow up question: what do you think the max AAV will end up being that they spend on any C/W for EP?

With poolmsn ltir they have a bit over 25 mill … say 25.2

niw if they move milky with a sweetener like Podz  close to 31 million (30.95)

molky + podz to CHI for CHI 2nd 2024 

Guentzel 8.5

Hronek 7.75

Duclair 4

bluegger 1.75x 4

silovs 1

myets 2.75 

Tanev 4x 3

cole 1.25x 3

= 31

JG Petey Hogz

Duclair Miller Brock 

Suter Bluegger Garland 

Podz Aman PDG 

Hughes Tanev

Soucy Hronek

Cole Myers

demko

silovs 

that team can win a cup 

5 hours ago, RWJC said:

just a refresher:

last year Allvin had just $11 million to work with and came out of free agency with Suter, Blueger, Soucy, and Cole. He also traded away over $12 million in contracts to Pearson, Beauvillier, and Kuzmenko while bringing in DeSmith, Zadorov, and Lindholm.

it is entirely possible.

Yes if anything, they showed last year how to do business... what an amazing turn around that was...

• Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, RWJC said:

My point is he is capable of taking a team that appears to be in a tight financial position and still capitalizing on it, so much so they became DIV champs because of those moves.

It is the same thing. Same process of decision in terms of how to allocate money to whom from where and when. If you think we aren’t in the hunt for a big ticket W now you’re dismissing that we were in play for all of the big ticket UFAs at deadline. 

Im not disagreeing he can do that, but it's not all going to get solved this off season.  It's a process of incremental building, imo.  Focus on one area to really build this off season and try to shore up another the best you can........then you can make a mid season deal or focus on that next off season.

Edited by stawns
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, canucks curse said:

Guentzel 8.5

Hronek 7.75

Duclair 4

bluegger 1.75x 4

silovs 1

myets 2.75 

Tanev 4x 3

cole 1.25x 3

= 31

JG Petey Hogz

Duclair Miller Brock 

Suter Bluegger Garland 

Podz Aman PDG 

Hughes Tanev

Soucy Hronek

Cole Myers

demko

silovs 

that team can win a cup 

Where are the extra fwds and dmen?

11 hours ago, canucks curse said:

Guentzel 8.5

Hronek 7.75

Duclair 4

bluegger 1.75x 4

silovs 1

myets 2.75 

Tanev 4x 3

cole 1.25x 3

= 31

JG Petey Hogz

Duclair Miller Brock 

Suter Bluegger Garland 

Podz Aman PDG 

Hughes Tanev

Soucy Hronek

Cole Myers

demko

silovs 

that team can win a cup 

You traded away Podz

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

ELCs, min league contracts. Probably only carrying 7 d. 

That doesn't seem like step forward to me, feels like his lineup took a step or two backward.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, stawns said:

That doesn't seem like step forward to me, feels like his lineup took a step or two backward.

Still curious, what is the most you think should or will be paid for a W/C for EP if someone is brought in by trade?

Edited by RWJC

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

Why? Cole was ok but he's certainly not irreplaceable with someone cheaper 

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Im not sure it’s a step forward, but it also doesn’t seem like a decisive step back.  Guentzel would be a huge piece for our PP and top 6. it’s just unrealistic to get Bleuger and Cole at those prices in particular.  They will also probably want to go little more money on Silovs to try and get some value on a longer term deal. 

Then, that’s the absolute basement on what Guentzel will get… plus he’s very low probability to land here.  

Finally, if you’re offloading Mikheyev, Podkolzin is not a sweetener. He might be a dash of MSG.  But he’s not close to moving along 4.75 x 2. 

And as a post script, I’m not sure that actually fills out a roster. I’m also not sold on Tanev or Duclair - if we aren’t bringing back Joshua, we’d almost be better off playing Garland with Miller and Boeser.  As it stands, that’s a small line that will struggle to generate with all that Garland does. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, The Duke said:

Im not sure it’s a step forward, but it also doesn’t seem like a decisive step back.  Guentzel would be a huge piece for our PP and top 6. it’s just unrealistic to get Bleuger and Cole at those prices in particular.  They will also probably want to go little more money on Silovs to try and get some value on a longer term deal. 

Then, that’s the absolute basement on what Guentzel will get… plus he’s very low probability to land here.  

Finally, if you’re offloading Mikheyev, Podkolzin is not a sweetener. He might be a dash of MSG.  But he’s not close to moving along 4.75 x 2. 

And as a post script, I’m not sure that actually fills out a roster. I’m also not sold on Tanev or Duclair - if we aren’t bringing back Joshua, we’d almost be better off playing Garland with Miller and Boeser.  As it stands, that’s a small line that will struggle to generate with all that Garland does. 

And if there's any significant injury issues, the team has no depth to cover it

• Cheers 1

Just now, Rip The Mesh said:

Why would the Canes want top prospects?

To replace the ones they traded for Guenztel? 

Seems silly that they wouldn’t want players that help them now considering their window of contention is still open.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Rip The Mesh said:

“Hronek won’t do it” is hilarious.  

These idiots have tried to move Necas for years, he’s miserable and his dad is popping off in Czechia.  Plus, he’s not cheap and in line for a large cap hit. I hope the Canes never win a cup. They’re run like fans who overrate every piece they own. 

Top prospects for Necas? No thanks. I'm hoping the Canucks top prospects can join the team soon. 

I suspect if Kekalainen manages the Canes, they're going downhill and headed for a bit of a rebuild. 

16 minutes ago, The Duke said:

“Hronek won’t do it” is hilarious.  

These idiots have tried to move Necas for years, he’s miserable and his dad is popping off in Czechia.  Plus, he’s not cheap and in line for a large cap hit. I hope the Canes never win a cup. They’re run like fans who overrate every piece they own. 

Again the media using their platform to try and hurt the Canucks position. 🙄

If this were the Leafs they’d be claiming Matthew Knies should get it done. 🤣

No way Elliotte has any privy to the negotiations going on. Why he decided to downplay Hronek value like he’s some scrub I have no idea. The Canes have 4 pending UFA D men but no why would they have interest in Hronek? 🤦‍♂️

• Cheers 1

If Hronek won't do it, then the Canes can go pound sand. 

Necas is 25 years old and put up 53 points in 77 games as a forward.

Hronek is 26 years old and put up 48 points in 81 games as a defenceman.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

If Hronek won't do it, then the Canes can go pound sand. 

Necas is 25 years old and put up 53 points in 77 games as a forward.

Hronek is 26 years old and put up 48 points in 81 games as a defenceman.

But “it’s a hard deal to do”..:

Why is it every time the Canucks are in on a trade the media is quick to jump in and act like the Canucks never have anything of value?

The deal is actually not that hard to do. They wanna trade him and we have interest and pieces they want. 

Might involve some other pieces but I have no doubt if they wanna get something done they can.

• Cheers 1