[Discussion]Too much hype around Necas

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If anything it was those teams that sent out multiple pieces to acquire core players.

Toews in Col

Burns in Carolina

Tkachuk, Bennett, Reinhart in Florida

Stone in Vegas

That's what I recall as well, but I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and was curious if he had any facts to backup his opinion.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

How is a 26 year old RHD worth less than a 25 year old winger? We shouldn’t have to add if we’re trading away a premium asset in a RHD. Fuck Carolina. Look elsewhere. 

Yep.

Unless we’re flipping the extra assets we acquire for a top 6 it makes no sense.

Edited by DeNiro

7 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

How is a 26 year old RHD worth less than a 25 year old winger? We shouldn’t have to add if we’re trading away a premium asset in a RHD. Fuck Carolina. Look elsewhere. 

I think the problem in any Hronek trade negotiations that we conveniently gloss over is, other teams are gonna know he's asking for the moon. Lol. Friedman and Dhali report on it all the time. Other teams are likely aware of this. With that said, it doesn't even matter. They don't want Hronek. They've never wanted Hronek. We just want to kill two birds with 1 stone by trading him for Necas. When adding Necas will likely be a separate deal from us moving off Hronek. If either of those things even happen.

17 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I meant Carolina would have to add more.

40 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I've seen you state this several times, so I'm actually curious... the top teams the past several years in the league would arguably be teams like TBL, COL, CAR, FLA, VGK... what big trades did those teams make that had a top core player be moved out and several smaller pieces come back in for cap flexibility?

I guess we disagree on core players.  I don't see FH as a core player, yet, and you do.

I think your take is as ridiculous as you think mine is. 

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

I guess we disagree on core players.  I don't see FH as a core player, yet, and you do.

Do you see Toews in Colorado as a core player?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stawns said:

Lmao.  You mentioned and I quote:

"I said this about Boeser, about Miller and about Petey when all were looking for new deals........to really push this team forward, they need a deal where one player goes out and multiple good pieces come in and where they get cap flexibility. "

Pretty clear you were insinuating Boeser or Miller or Petey here.  I distinctly recall you talking the exact same thing about Miller and how we just had to trade him to bring back multiple pieces.  It's now been pointed out contenders do exactly the opposite of what you are stating.  Carry on with your soap box.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Do you see Toews in Colorado as a core player?

We've pointed out a major flaw in his opinion.  Now we need to brace ourselves as the goal posts fly around the arena as they are moved 🤣

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I heard Jirecek isn't happy in Columbus and the BJs want to improve ASAP.. so why not

Hronek + Hoglander + Lindholm (signs max contract with cbj) for Jirecek and Chinakov 🥹

Lindholm wanting to sign in Columbus when he can go anywhere seems pretty unrealistic. Also no disrespect to Chinakov but he’s done nothing at the NHL level yet. The potential is there but there’s like 8 other forwards at least that I would take from Columbus before him. 

Only thing I can say is if the Hurricanes want more then Hronek in a deal they better throw in a high draft pick.

RHD compared to wingers , the D man at this point is worth more in any trade.

Kotkaniemi is a deal best made when CAR is desperate to move on from him. They aren’t there yet, perhaps approaching, but you do not make him the main piece or even a priority piece in any deal with Hronek. Morrow is a great add, but you can likely obtain more for Hronek elsewhere.

I’d only pursue Kotkaniemi if/when Mik is moved. Too many sub par performance term contracts (especially with MNTCs) and this team will be dragging its ass through quicksand in no time flat. 

KK is intriguing but I wouldn’t offer anything more than a 3rd round pick for his contract at this point in time. Blueger can fill the same role for 1/3-1/2(max) the cost on less term with no anchor and full understanding of what you’re going to get from him. To build a team correctly that can contend in the playoffs you have to have guaranteed returns on the majority of your investments. KK is not that yet and does not move the needle at all for us in the present. He actually could present an obstacle to other’s development should he not improve as a player. And if he doesn’t, no F’n way should we be on hook for another 5 years of MNTC at that salary. No way. Too prohibitive even if buyout penalty is considered affordable for most clubs. We can’t afford that. 

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

I've seen you state this several times, so I'm actually curious... the top teams the past several years in the league would arguably be teams like TBL, COL, CAR, FLA, VGK... what big trades did those teams make that had a top core player be moved out and several smaller pieces come back in for cap flexibility?

And we did that with Bo and it’s worked out. Doesn’t mean it will next time. Also moving out a top player means moving out a core player. Keep F’ing with core and you’ll F up your room chemistry and the tight knit rapport a coach like RT builds, enhances and relies on for his system to work. 

Both the Carolina Hurricanes and Martin Necas are still “preferring” to part ways, per Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman on the Donie and Dhali Show (Twitter link). Friedman adds that the Hurricanes would likely be targeting top prospects for Necas – adding that he doesn’t envision a swap of Necas and Filip Hronek when speaking to Donnie and Dhali’s Canucks theme. Necas has scored 124 points across 159 games in the last two seasons, emerging as a legitimate scoring threat in a Hurricanes lineup full of offensive talent. Carolina will now look to open up cap  space, and reinforce their depth charts, after trading three top prospects and two draft picks for Jake Guentzel at the Trade Deadline.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2024/06/evening-notes-tanev-necas-heinen.html#ref=home

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I don't think he's worth less...it's just that other teams could be willing to offer more.

By the time Hronek and Necas sign their new deals the money should be pretty similar...So Carolina (or us) really isn't saving any money. 

I feel Carolina is trying to free up money, to try and resign Guentzel or others...which I think could be part of the reason their shopping Necas now.

They're probably looking for cheap young players on ECL's (like Podz or Hoglander) prospects (Lekker or Willander) and draft picks...presumably a 1st round pick.

If that's what Carolina is looking for then we should just move on....cause we're going to need our guys next season when OEL's buyout jumps to $4.6 million (for 2 years)

If the Canucks are seriously thinking of moving Hronek then they should tell the league he's available and see what he could fetch in a trade.

I realize he's a RFA but they could still shop his rights or perhaps come up with a sign and trade option. 

Edited by Blitz-Pix

1 hour ago, Trebreh said:

I heard Jirecek isn't happy in Columbus and the BJs want to improve ASAP.. so why not

Hronek + Hoglander + Lindholm (signs max contract with cbj) for Jirecek and Chinakov 🥹

I'm hoping the Canucks are inquiring about Jirecek...he's a perfect target for us.

I got excited when news broke this season about him being unhappy and possibly wanting out.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I'm hoping the Canucks are inquiring about Jirecek...he's a perfect target for us.

I got excited when news broke this season about him being unhappy and possibly wanting out.

Is there something about Czech’s being difficult?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

This is the type of move you make with Hronek. Increase the odds of a top potential prospect RHD making the club full time in the future from our pipeline while also accessing the much needed cap space with which for the same money, you can utilize to add two UFA Dmen - an RHD to play alongside QH and the remainder for another depth D signing. Or scrap the depth signing and put it towards extending Z or Myers or whatever works out. 

Any move with Hronek will require an immediate replacement that can be had for less $ and perhaps less term too which only benefits this club’s flexibility going forward. Hronek is the best option as a sacrificial lamb that fulfills both present and future needs. 

Edited by RWJC
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, RWJC said:

This is the type of move you make with Hronek. Increase the odds of a top potential prospect RHD making the club full time in the future from our pipeline while also accessing the much needed cap space with which for the same money, you can utilize to add two UFA Dmen - an RHD to play alongside QH and the remainder for another depth D signing. Or scrap the depth signing and put it towards extending Z or Myers or whatever works out. 

Any move with Hronek will require an immediate replacement that can be had for less $ and perhaps less term too which only benefits this club’s flexibility going forward. Hronek is the best option as a sacrificial lamb that fulfills both present and future needs. 

This post (below) is from another topic I posted about earlier.... it aligns well with what your suggesting.

In theory if you brought back Myers (around $3 million) you could replace Hronek's ask of $8 million with 2 UFA's (average $4 million each) 

and have an entire Ride side D that costs $11 million in total. That could provide good depth in the short term, while you wait for Willander to make the jump.

It would also be easier to move 1 of them in the future (if needed).    

Not to mention the assets you could get back in a Hronek trade,

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Cheers 1

50 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Both the Carolina Hurricanes and Martin Necas are still “preferring” to part ways, per Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman on the Donie and Dhali Show (Twitter link). Friedman adds that the Hurricanes would likely be targeting top prospects for Necas – adding that he doesn’t envision a swap of Necas and Filip Hronek when speaking to Donnie and Dhali’s Canucks theme. Necas has scored 124 points across 159 games in the last two seasons, emerging as a legitimate scoring threat in a Hurricanes lineup full of offensive talent. Carolina will now look to open up cap  space, and reinforce their depth charts, after trading three top prospects and two draft picks for Jake Guentzel at the Trade Deadline.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2024/06/evening-notes-tanev-necas-heinen.html#ref=home

Doesn't really sound like Carolina's ask is something the Canucks should be meeting, it's not as if we've got a whole lot of top prospects. It's basically Willander and Lekkerimaki, plus we've moved out this year's 1st. I don't imagine Podkolzin would tick the box, he's got a lot to prove, so does Raty. Hoglander had a good year but he's still got to prove he can do it again, Carolina might have interest there. 

If we aren't sending them Hronek I question the value that we would be willing to send, there are probably better trade partners out there for Carolina if they're set on moving Necas. 

We're going to need each of those players on ELC's. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

Sadly I see one of three options playing out in the Hronek situation.

1. He sticks to his ask of $8 million a season and Canucks have to take him to Arbitration. Let's say he gets awarded  $7-$7.5 for the year and

becomes a UFA next year.  His arbitration case would be later this summer which would handcuff MGT from making moves on July 1st this year. 

2. We trade his rights this year and get a draft pick or a prospect. There is no guarantee he will sign with the team we trade his rights to which means

the return won't be significant IMO.

3. We try and trade his rights or do a sign and trade to a team he is willing to sign with. This option handcuffs MGT as he has to approve the team

he's willing to sign with.

All these options suck IMO.  I suppose there is a 4th option... we overpay him at $8million and handcuff our team from building a contender. 

Not trying to be pessimistic but... part of being a Canucks fan has taught me to temper my expectations and hope for best...while bracing for the worst.

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

Does CBJ do this:

Hronek and 2025 3rd round pick to CBJ for Jiricek and Kent Johnson

or

Hronek for Jiricek and Jake Bean (preferable) or Adam Boqvist 

means a lot of moolah tied up on back end between Werenski, Severson and Hronek though. 23mill alone for those 3 combined. Plus an overpriced Guddy at 4mill. Provorov at another 4.75.  
Highly unlikely but one can dream. 

Edited by RWJC

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Does CBJ do this:

Hronek and 2025 3rd round pick to CBJ for Jiricek and Kent Johnson

or

Hronek for Jiricek and Jake Bean 

I think Hronek for Jiricek MIGHT be as good as it gets...as a matter of fact CBJ would probably have to move a RHD to make room for Hronek.

Columbus has Severson, Gudbranson and Boquist on the books next season. Are they going to want to add another 8 million to their books.

From all accounts they need scoring forwards (and probably a goalie) not Dmen. 

I believe that was one of the big issues why there was no room for Jinicek this season. 

Edited by Blitz-Pix