[Discussion]Too much hype around Necas

Nescas is a 53 point - 9 winger on a club that emphasizes defending. Hronek is a 48 point + 38 D man. Same age. Have to be a moran to suggest the Canes aren’t the club adding (and a lot) in a trade including these two players. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Nescas is a 53 point - 9 winger on a club that emphasizes defending. Hronek is a 48 point + 38 D man. Same age. Have to be a moran to suggest the Canes aren’t the club adding (and a lot) in a trade including these two players. 

Ya the trade isn’t happening for us. They want petey or JL and TW and don’t want Hronek lol

overpaying for Necas in a trade then giving him the bag would be crazy reckless/risky i don’t see it happening unless management is 120% sure that Necas will be a 100 pt player with petey.

i can’t help but still want to try and trade for Buchnevich wish they didn’t have parayko krug and Faulk locked up they won’t want Hronek either.

it’s funny we have a 40-50PT RHD that can eat 20+ minutes a night and compliment high end dmen and has a canon point shot..

should be a really valuable asset at his age but any trade idea it’s like nahhhh no one wants him…

kinda silly. Wish he was more reasonable / open minded with his contract neg 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Who is Carolina planning to have on their right side? Burns and tanev? 

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Article saying we should trade Hronek + Hoglander + 2025 1st + D.Petey for Necas.

Lol.

That would be such a ridiculous trade. I’d call for Allvin’s job if he did that. We better get a guy like Pastranak if we’re giving up that much. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Go old or go home. The Canes right side D. 

Something is off. Carolina needs rhd, badly. Both the team and Necas want to part. 

And the media experts expect us to add :classic_blink:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Something is off. Carolina needs rhd, badly. Both the team and Necas want to part. 

Well they do have burns and morrow probably nhl ready for bottom pairing and the rhd ufa market is larger than normal this season 

it’s just Carolina honestly if it’s not one for one I won’t even consider it if we are adding hoglander they need to add a solid piece too. 

the valuation discrepancy on these assets it kinda crazy to me

Just now, R3aL said:

Well they do have burns and morrow probably nhl ready for bottom pairing and the rhd ufa market is larger than normal this season 

it’s just Carolina honestly if it’s not one for one I won’t even consider it if we are adding hoglander they need to add a solid piece too. 

the valuation discrepancy on these assets it kinda crazy to me

For me there's no way we should be adding anything to Hronek. 

14 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Lots of “morans” in Canadian media east of the Rockies. Likely we keep Hronek and have little interest in Nescas. Nescas sure seems similar to Cruise Missile in his attitude towards how to play. 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Lots of “morans” in Canadian media east of the Rockies. Likely we keep Hronek and have little interest in Nescas. Nescas sure seems similar to Cruise Missile in his attitude towards how to play. 

For me it's just about cap allocation. If Hronek can stay for something close to reasonable thats great. If not tho, a top 4, arguable top pair RHD on some teams isn't something you add sweeteners to. Media is on crack. 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

JR and PA work contingencies. They did it with Pettey, they were ready if things went the other way. 
I think they are doing the same now and there is a lot of public negotiations going on between both sides leaking things. 
We need scoring winger, Necas is a established 25 yr old scoring winger that seemingly wants to move on.
31 teams have probably called the Hurricanes to test the waters.

We naturally are working contingencies if Hronek won’t sign for a reasonable amount. 

I also think both teams are leaking stuff to the media to pressure their guys into signing or juice the prices if they can’t. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

For me it's just about cap allocation. If Hronek can stay for something close to reasonable thats great. If not tho, a top 4, arguable top pair RHD on some teams isn't something you add sweeteners to. Media is on crack. 

Maybe the media is conflating two separate trades? Hronek is moved for picks and prospects. Then PA uses some of those picks and adds Garland to get Nescas? 

The ask is too much, good hockey player but I’m not interested in trading Hoglander. 

I was against this idea originally but I like the idea of bringing Crouse to Vancouver. Crouse and Raty to Vancouver? I doubt Utah is interested in trading either though. 

Pettersson - Stephenson - Crouse

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

JR and PA work contingencies. They did it with Pettey, they were ready if things went the other way. 
I think they are doing the same now and there is a lot of public negotiations going on between both sides leaking things. 
We need scoring winger, Necas is a established 25 yr old scoring winger that seemingly wants to move on.
31 teams have probably called the Hurricanes to test the waters.

We naturally are working contingencies if Hronek won’t sign for a reasonable amount. 

I also think both teams are leaking stuff to the media to pressure their guys into signing or juice the prices if they can’t. 

And all of the rumours make it more fun for us. We win!

• Cheers 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Maybe the media is conflating two separate trades? Hronek is moved for picks and prospects. Then PA uses some of those picks and adds Garland to get Nescas? 

could be, but I don't see it. I think the option of arbitration and getting one more year out of Fil is a bottom line JA/PA can live with. It's very risky for Fil to let that happen, the eastern articles are saying Fil has more negotiation power, but we have that hammer. He has no choice but to play out that year, and he's an injury away or outsmarting himself from losing millions like that tool Klingberg.

If we are moving him, Allvin will want an immediate roster upgrade elsewhere, otherwise you can lose out trying to get cute with too many steps. Works in fantasy hockey, no so much in real life. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Canes don’t want Hronek.  So how about…

Mik + prospect D Petey + prospect Lek

for 

Necas

Canes get 2 really good prospects and a serviceable forward.  Canucks get a top 6 winger.

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Article saying we should trade Hronek + Hoglander + 2025 1st + D.Petey for Necas.

Lol.

Media undervalues our assets even more than Canucks fans do lol

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BPA said:

for 

Necas

Canes get 2 really good prospects and a serviceable forward.  Canucks get a top 6 winger.

Lekkerimaki should not be traded.

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 1

19 minutes ago, BPA said:

for 

Necas

Canes absolutely want Hronek. He’d be their number one right shot D. And he’s only 26. 

• ThereItIs 1