Speeding Ticket

2 minutes ago, Joe King said:

I never will. But sounds like you work in law enforcement so I will back off.

Haha, all good.

I am a corrections officer. Work with lots of police and sheriffs. We're all called cops, law enforcement, peace officers. All can arrest and use leathal force if necessary. So I do push back at the stigma that the job can bring. Again we a trying to serve the public, keep everyone safe. Could law enforcement be better in general? sure. But could you imagine a world without us? 

In fact  you are reminding me when I am on duty next i have to address to a resident in our care and custody that he cant draw on his institutional clothing. 

He has ACAB written on his shoe. All cops are bastards.

I will remember to have sympathy for the trauma that has brought him to this and not take offense that he considers me a bastard for something I have never done. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

In 32 years of driving, I have a clean record. I have driven a lot in my life including 6x across Canada. I got pulled over once in Sask but the nice cop let me off with a warning. 

Doesn't mean I haven't sped a bit now and again. If i get caught i will own it. 

However, in general i take my time. I love driving, have some sweet rides too. I even walk slow. I dont know why the world is in such a rush. 

I feel they could up all the speed limits and some people would still want to go faster. Have to draw the line somewhere. 

But again, cause I know first hand, some law enforcement people are jerks...some are awesome . Thats just human beings for ya.

There's a reason why you're on the Island my friend 😉

• Haha 1

57 in a 50 zone is pathetic, but nonetheless, it's a rule. I've only been ticketed going 35% or more over the speed limit, but maybe Abbotsford and Langley cops are more reasonable.

I've never disputed a ticket though, so maybe it's viable given how close it is.

Posted (edited)

Convert units

LengthMassTemperatureSpeedVolumeAreaTimeFrequencyAngleForcePressureEnergyPowerElectric CurrentVoltageResistanceDigital storageFuel consumption

=

Mile/hourKilometer/hourFoot/secondMeter/secondKnotMach Mile/hourKilometer/hourFoot/secondMeter/secondKnotMach
FORMULA
for an approximate result, divide the speed value by 1.609344
------------------------------------
one thing about the metric system, bigger numbers.

57= 35.418158 mph

Edited by Gurn
number didn't show

1 hour ago, Joe King said:

I also drive safe and as close to the speed limit as possible. And I also know cops are jerks, believe when I say this that I will always challenge anything to do with cops. they are not all competent.

but you see, the OP here in this thread started with " I was speeding, by doing 7 over the 50 limit..." 

Not sure how we got to incompetent cops from the guy with the ticket admitting he earned the ticket. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Optimist Prime said:

but you see, the OP here in this thread started with " I was speeding, by doing 7 over the 50 limit..." 

Not sure how we got to incompetent cops from the guy with the ticket admitting he earned the ticket. 

Trying to nail the guy for 27 over at first. If that had been a person that didn't argue their point the cop would have gotten away with it. Some folks here seem to think to highly of cops.

I don't.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Joe King said:

Trying to nail the guy for 27 over at first. If that had been a person that didn't argue their point the cop would have gotten away with it. Some folks here seem to think to highly of cops.

I don't.

So what did you do to make you hate "cops"?

• Haha 1

Thanks all for your input, I come back to check and wasn't expecting a spirited discussion.

I ran a diagnostic of the GPS of the dashcam, and it does show that when I reached the 30 sign post, my speed was below 30, so that's the fact, no more assumption/presumption.

As mentioned near the top of page 2, I will leave this to judge.  I will provide an update once the dispute is over, cherers

• Cheers 2