[discussion] Acquire Poolparty & a thought about a winger for Petey

I think the Canucks should try to acquire Poolparty.

They are short on RH shots on the wing.  

I would really like to see what the coaching/development staff could do with him.

In my viewings he is a hardworking player.  Tocchett’s system is straightforward and rewards hard work.  

Could be one of those reclamation projects that pay dividends.

He could get a shot w Petey (he needs a true RH wing badly imo).  Previously, I had a very long winded draft made up of why Petey doesnt need a super star like a Kaprizov or Panarin type.  He needs 2 way players with speed, (some) size and decent hands.  Petey is the elite skilled talent on his line.  In the playoffs soft skill disappears (eg Panarin, Marner etc).  A guy like Robert Thomas would be perfect but that’s a dream scenario.

Poolparty could play in a bottom 6 role if a Petey experiment doesnt work.  Canucks need some cheaper talent that fits his player profile.  Having Karlsson and Poolparty in the bottom 6 on the right side would be ok IMO.

Just an idea.  Dubas/PIT probably isnt even open to the idea but who knows.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Goose said:

I think the Canucks should try to acquire Poolparty.

They are short on RH shots on the wing.  

I would really like to see what the coaching/development staff could do with him.

In my viewings he is a hardworking player.  Tocchett’s system is straightforward and rewards hard work.  

Could be one of those reclamation projects that pay dividends.

He could get a shot w Petey (he needs a true RH wing badly imo).  Previously, I had a very long winded draft made up of why Petey doesnt need a super star like a Kaprizov or Panarin type.  He needs 2 way players with speed, (some) size and decent hands.  Petey is the elite skilled talent on his line.  In the playoffs soft skill disappears (eg Panarin, Marner etc).  A guy like Robert Thomas would be perfect but that’s a dream scenario.

Poolparty could play in a bottom 6 role if a Petey experiment doesnt work.  Canucks need some cheaper talent that fits his player profile.  Having Karlsson and Poolparty in the bottom 6 on the right side would be ok IMO.

Just an idea.  Dubas/PIT probably isnt even open to the idea but who knows.

Worth a shot. Probably wouldn't cost much. Since you mentioned Robert Thomas, I'd kick the tires on him. You never know who might be available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

Puljujarvi is a weirdo.  I wouldn't want him on my team.

is he? please share. canucks dont need any weirdos

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

While it would be nice to find a nearly free resurrection project and have him be a winner I seriously doubt this is the guy.

true. I was putting a lot of faith into the coaching / development staff

1 hour ago, Ballisticsports said:

Year or 2 ago I considered him, but even McD couldn't bank that many goals off him, I think younger guys in our system deserve more of a chance at this point?

he’s unique given he’s a rh shot, has size, can skate and some high end potential.  agreed guys like Bains deserve a serious look.  Karlsson is a rh too.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Goose said:

true. I was putting a lot of faith into the coaching / development staff

he’s unique given he’s a rh shot, has size, can skate and some high end potential.  agreed guys like Bains deserve a serious look.  Karlsson is a rh too.

Pool Party has all the physical tools but is likely a dough head. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Devron said:

Not even worth a PTO to be honest. This guy couldn’t play with McDavid 

In the mclellan, tippet, knoblauch era though.  Im more curious what this coaching/development staff could ‘maybe’ do w him 😆

Edited by Goose
  • Cheers 1

22 hours ago, Devron said:

Not even worth a PTO to be honest. This guy couldn’t play with McDavid 

That is a good point, I could play with McDavid and probably score 17 goals with 15 of them being deflections of my helmet into the net by McDavid.

Still a PTO is nothing to sneeze at ... one never knows. Perhaps Tic Toc and Foote can squeeze some juice of of the lemon but then again the squeeze may not be worth the juice, hence a PTO ... Did I just win an argument with myself?

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

That is a good point, I could play with McDavid and probably score 17 goals with 15 of them being deflections of my helmet into the net by McDavid.

Still a PTO is nothing to sneeze at ... one never knows. Perhaps Tic Toc and Foote can squeeze some juice of of the lemon but then again the squeeze may not be worth the juice, hence a PTO ... Did I just win an argument with myself?

A pto would be fine. The problem with Pool Party is he hasn’t accepted that to have an nhl career he needs to play a bottom six role, where he needs to be hard to play against before being a point producer. He might work out if he could change how he sees himself as a player. He’s big, and can move. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

I talk to myself often, then we both laugh and laugh🤪

• Haha 1