Feelings on the Oilers and Canucks series now.

So now that the Oilers have punched their ticket to the Stanley cup finals, i just wanted to get a general consensus on fellow Canuck fans feelings towards the Oilers now. My 2 questions are 1- are you cheering for them against Florida? And 2- does it make you feel better or worse that the canucks lost in 7 to the team that has a chance at winning it all? And why. 

I’m cheering for the Oilers. I still feel the same as I did after game 7, disappointed. We played like crap the last two games and handed the Oilers the series. Had some bad luck injury wise and the way Dallas played we would have had a good shot beating them.

On a side note, I was in Vegas before the season started and bet on the Canucks making the SCF, had they managed I would have won over $1000 so that sucks..

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I think it's been far too long since we've had a Canadian team win the Stanley Cup. Sure, it's disappointing that it's not us in the finals right now and it'll hurt even more if it is Edmonton that breaks the drought; however, it's still long overdue for it to happen.

I get the hate on Edmonton, but I think to expect us, a 1-in-7 chance, of being the team to end the drought... those people with that mentality are asking for a lot. lol

• Cheers 1

Panthers all the way. 

We are not gonna hear the end of it from the fanbase that break the Canadian drought and Oilers fanbase is one of the ones that we will rub it in our face every chance they get along with Leafs and Flames. Montreal as well but we don't interact with them and I guess us too but that is our team. 

1 hour ago, DumpnChange said:

So now that the Oilers have punched their ticket to the Stanley cup finals, i just wanted to get a general consensus on fellow Canuck fans feelings towards the Oilers now. My 2 questions are 1- are you cheering for them against Florida? And 2- does it make you feel better or worse that the canucks lost in 7 to the team that has a chance at winning it all? And why. 

I don't care after the Canucks got eliminated all interest in NHL died with that until next season.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I swear every time we lose to a team that goes to the finals, we're like "Well, we lost to the good team!". It is interesting that it happens a lot. Flames in '89, Flames in '04, Blackhawks in '10, Kings in '12, Golden Knights in '20 just to name some off the top of my head. Regardless, I'd rather just beat them next time. My opinion is unchanged.

Regarding the Oilers, I don't care if a team is Canadian. I'm a Canuck fan first and that goes before anything else. I have no desire to see the Oilers win.

• Like 4

We had it in the bag..Had 2 cracks at it and we would have been there if it wasn't for injuries..Coil seems like they never get hurt for whatever reason.

Final thoughts:

- No Thanks to Tanev

- Tkachuk dismantle McBaby and rest of Deadmonton

- Finally Get that cup Lu!

The league won't let Florida lose the Cup.  It would be devastating for future tv ratings, especially since they're trying to grow the league in "non-conventional markets".  The only way the Oilers will win is if they play through and around both the Panthers and the Zebras; and god forbid that any key Oiler make a "late hit" that concusses a Panther out of the game. :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1

My feelings on the Oilers haven’t changed.

They are a flawed team that uses dirty play and cheap shots to try to draw reaction penalties so they can eat on the power play. 

Led by an all time great whiner and surrounded by dirt bags. 
I really like Draisaitl game though. 

My feelings about our loss hasn’t changed either. We had them, we should have beat them but we didn’t show up for game 6and most of 7 and our main core of Pettey, Q and Demko gave us little to nothing (not Demko’s fault he got injured but his durability is an issue).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I haven't liked the oilers in a long time. Never going to cheer for them.  

But either way we are going to hear about them at nauseam , either they finally bring the cup back to Canada or about how they should of won if not for refs or whatever reason they can conjure up.

I have NEVER cheered for the Oilers!!

I never will.

I once turned down a major promotion because it would've meant having to move to Deadmonton. No regrets. 

just watch there be little to no power plays for the Oilers in this series. Then watch the whining from McDrai...

I'd prefer it to be Florida in 4, but 6 is more realistic. Florida to win the first 3, then lose 2, then finish them off. But Bettman would prefer Florida to win the cup ON HOME ICE. 

I cheered for them in 2006, since then, the Oilers and their fan base have become the biggest cry babies in the league.

I will not cheer for them.   I hope the Panthers crush them.

• Like 1

We really didn't play well as a team in a fair few games against Edmonton so were probably further off than the 7 game series suggests. I'd say of the 7 games we played better than Edmonton for around 2 games worth. Silovs was obviously amazing and we got some clutch scoring at times but we really got out-coached and out-worked not to mention their top end players came to play (although we shut them down well for the most part).

We've got a long way to go. Demko would have helped but not saved us, we need to be better all around and work harder than we did. Getting out-worked by a team below us in the standings with more top-end skill is not acceptable.

• Cheers 1