Feelings on the Oilers and Canucks series now.

11 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

We really didn't play well as a team in a fair few games against Edmonton so were probably further off than the 7 game series suggests. I'd say of the 7 games we played better than Edmonton for around 2 games worth. Silovs was obviously amazing and we got some clutch scoring at times but we really got out-coached and out-worked not to mention their top end players came to play (although we shut them down well for the most part).

We've got a long way to go. Demko would have helped but not saved us, we need to be better all around and work harder than we did. Getting out-worked by a team below us in the standings with more top-end skill is not acceptable.

An important point we have to consider. The Canucks were out scored 8-3 in the final 2 games and averaged 16 SOG. 

Plus Vancouver was relatively lucky they got Nashville and Edmonton since Canucks seemed to match up well with both teams.

Had Vancouver faced LA in the first round, I wouldn't be surprised if LA beat Vancouver in 5. 

Allvin did a good job doing patchwork with players to support the team's Core but the lack of goals against Nashville and Edmonton taking over the series exposed the team's lack of depth. 

If Boeser wasn't out for Game 7, the Canucks could've beaten the Oilers and they would be in the Finals. I believe VAN would've beaten DAL as well. 

That is my thought.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

If Boeser wasn't out for Game 7, the Canucks could've beaten the Oilers and they would be in the Finals. I believe VAN would've beaten DAL as well. 

That is my thought.

Boeser and Demko both out. Petey on one leg. Yes, we absolutely win the Cup this year if healthy. We have a 5-7 year window to win. Stay relatively healthy and we will get more than one Cup. 

20 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

That is my thought.

Yeah, and Oilers fans don't acknowledge how injuries played a part in them winning against us. It's infuriating trying to get them to understand how lucky they are to be as healthy as they are and how lucky they were to avoid Vegas and Colorado.

6 hours ago, Canuck You said:

We had it in the bag..Had 2 cracks at it and we would have been there if it wasn't for injuries..Coil seems like they never get hurt for whatever reason.

Final thoughts:

- No Thanks to Tanev

- Tkachuk dismantle McBaby and rest of Deadmonton

- Finally Get that cup Lu!

Cuz refs didn't let anyone touch their stars without severe punishment.  Helps a lot in a playoff run.

• Cheers 3

Not sure I will watch the games however hoping the Panthers prevail. Like to think Florida will play the Oil tough. IMO to have success against Edmonton you need to target Draisaitl and Ekholm (McDick is too elusive). And run Skinner he hasn't seen interference yet during the playoffs. You need to punish these guys and if you're going to take a penalty make it worthwhile.

As far as the Canucks series it's in the rearview and I'm going to leave it there. Just hope the boys have actually learned lessons from their experience. 

Really looking forward to the draft and this off-season. GCG!

9 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

You sound like you've taken those Boston Pizza, everybody-come-together commercials to heart. No kumbyah for me. Ain't happening, Lock. Panthers all the way.

I mean, you do you in the end. I'm not here to tell anyone what to do. I might have said some people tend to ask for a lot, but that's the extent of that. lol

I'm pulling for the panthers. I just can't pull for the Oilers after all the diving bullshit and their whining about not getting every call. And I would love to see prom night mcdumpster baby and drysack make excuses as to why they couldn't get the job done.

• Cheers 1

I feel bittersweet about our series. It means we were right there and could have made it, but at the same time, with Demko and Boeser out it just wasn't our year.

Go Florida.

• Cheers 1

Never realised how arrogant and entitled Oilers two stars were until we played them..

Their dismissive and belittling behaviour towards Canucks, did it for me... Started at the start of the season, when they got spanked...

I hope, they won't win because of that, and because of TSNs commentary and NHL networks sickening love fest for them... They are totally blind to any dive or infringement committed by Oilers...

So despite Tkapuke plays for Panthers... The lesser of two evils...

On a side note, seeing how Oilers are in the finals, it has to be mentioned, what an incredible job PA did, putting this team together in a short space of time... 

Big and tough D, got players in that could PK so the worst PK in the league, was really strong (just see LAs and Dallas record v Oilers PP)... 

It may take a few years before we get the same opportunity, although hopefully not... Canucks or nobody...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2024 at 12:58 AM, Dumb Nuck said:

I’m cheering for the Oilers. I still feel the same as I did after game 7, disappointed. We played like crap the last two games and handed the Oilers the series. Had some bad luck injury wise and the way Dallas played we would have had a good shot beating them.

On a side note, I was in Vegas before the season started and bet on the Canucks making the SCF, had they managed I would have won over $1000 so that sucks..

I'm cheering for them by default.   Have said on this site,  a dozen or so times, i'd cheer for any Canadian team no matter what.   And tried to explain. it's complete BS that we were left high and dry in 2011 and the "country" was cheering against us.   The media isn't the country.  And was total horseshit.     Wish it was WNP that beat us, but can't do that can we. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/3/2024 at 11:42 AM, gwarrior said:

I'm pulling for the panthers. I just can't pull for the Oilers after all the diving bullshit and their whining about not getting every call. And I would love to see prom night mcdumpster baby and drysack make excuses as to why they couldn't get the job done.

Win win.    BTW, we've had some good divers on our crew before.     If you forgot.   The thing that I don't like, is the sideways glance and pouty twit face at the refs after they let it go.   Now that we aren't playing them, go ahead, win the fucking thing.  I was raised with the cup coming home.   Aside from the NYI, who were also loaded with Canadians.     This "us against them" stuff is a little stale.   For my tastes anyways.   

Win mostly for Canada at this point.   We as a culture, need to get the heck over that. 

Edited by IBatch

Fuck em, rooting for the Panthers. 

Although while we'd never hear the end of it it'd be sorta neat if a Canadian team finally won. That's the only silver lining to the Oil winning though. 

I don’t feel anything but we could have just as easily lost the Nashville series I didn’t like the style of hockey we played all playoff. The low shot attempts etc coz there we games they completely dominated and then there’s game they showed up the last 10mins so they were definitely capable of playing that way but choose not to and turtled 90% of the games. As for Edmonton you can’t really call yourself a Canucks fan if you are cheering for a direct rival to win the cup. Like who cares if Canada wins the cup? It’s not the Olympic.. they are playing for their city not their country. You think if Edmonton wins the cup they are celebrating it with Vancouver? You don’t think Edmonton will rub it in your face for the next 40-50 years if we don’t win a cup on that span? Ya go Florida 

I'll never cheer for these guys.  Can you imagine how insufferable they'll be if they win the cup?  Game 2 of our series with them was a total disgrace:  slew foots, elbows to the head, spears to the balls and face.  All with Sutherland and the DPOS turning a blind eye.  Just thinking of it makes me hate the league as much as the Coil.

But I will say this:  they compete hard and know how to defend.  We can take something away from losing to them.  With a few lessons learned and a healthier lineup, we can take them. 

Meanwhile, GO PANTHERS!!! 

16 hours ago, IBatch said:

I'm cheering for them by default.   Have said on this site,  a dozen or so times, i'd cheer for any Canadian team no matter what.   And tried to explain. it's complete BS that we were left high and dry in 2011 and the "country" was cheering against us.   The media isn't the country.  And was total horseshit.     Wish it was WNP that beat us, but can't do that can we. 

So true. The country was not behind Van in 2011 and the pundits had Van gone early against the Oilers.  When it looked like the OILERS would lose toVan everyone started hedging their bets. SN panels ex KB3 tried to coach the Oilers to victory.

All this aside I will cheer the Oilers on, my grandson says I don’t have any option.  McDavid is the best player in hockey. His goal the other night was unreal. The Oilers were there to be had.  I thought Skinner and their d-core was weak enough. If the Van offence had kicked in the Canucks would have walked away with the series. Oilers played a better game against Dallas we will see how they do against Panthers. Panthers haven’t played their best hockey yet.  

Oh ya, no to Tanev. 

• Cheers 1

On 6/2/2024 at 10:54 PM, DumpnChange said:

So now that the Oilers have punched their ticket to the Stanley cup finals, i just wanted to get a general consensus on fellow Canuck fans feelings towards the Oilers now. My 2 questions are 1- are you cheering for them against Florida? And 2- does it make you feel better or worse that the canucks lost in 7 to the team that has a chance at winning it all? And why. 

I'll be rooting for the panthers and I've lived in alberta for 27 years.

What is foremost in my mind regarding our playoffs is " what could have been". 

I think we could have won the cup with arty but definitely not without  Pettersson.

That's what has been bugging me the last couple weeks....Pettersson.

Was he legitimately injured enough to excuse his play or was it something else.

There are to many questions surrounding that issue and we may never know.

I think canucks in 4 or 5 if petey was petey. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1